collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Looking for aniko79  (Read 1243 times)

Offline keri1234

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Looking for aniko79
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I'm looking for a member, aniko79.  She's buying a pony from me, and has mostly paid her off, but has gone silent.

I'm a bit worried about her, as I tried searching for her, and came across her profile on a monster high arena, and it said "recently deceased" :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to TwilightWhispers for my signature and SourdoughStomper for my avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for aniko79
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 12:11:49 PM »
Oh dear!  I don't think she is really "recently deceased"  - I think that is just a designation like the Arena has based on number of posts.  Like "Ouchy Roids Pony" or "Rapunzel Pony" or whathaveyou.   When you look at the "list" of members on the MH Arena- you can see that many dozens if not hundreds of members have the same designation- so unless there is an epidemic that I am completely unaware of- that is what I think is going on. 

However, you may still have some cause for alarm. It looks like she hasn't been active on the Arena since June, and it appears based on her feedback she has had a couple of occasions in the past where she has apparently "disappeared."   If you have an email address for her or DA account or facebook name-  you might want to check there? 

Good luck  (I hope you haven't sent the pony yet ?)

Offline keri1234

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »
Thanks so much for the help!

lol!  I'm really glad to hear that!  I should have thought of that because of their whole theme :) I checked and you're right, it is just based on number of posts.  Quite a relief!  I got quite shocked when I read that.  I feel a bit silly!

I did see that feedback about her.  So hopefully that is just what happened.  Luckily I haven't sent the pony yet!  She's paid a lot already, and has only about 10% to go, so I thought that she'd want to pay the rest off quickly and receive her pony! She hasn't been keeping up with payments, so I worried that she couldn't afford the pony and have offered to sell the pony to someone else and refund her payments once I receive the money.

Thanks to TwilightWhispers for my signature and SourdoughStomper for my avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:16:18 PM »
Thanks so much for the help!

lol!  I'm really glad to hear that!  I should have thought of that because of their whole theme :) I checked and you're right, it is just based on number of posts.  Quite a relief!  I got quite shocked when I read that.  I feel a bit silly!

I did see that feedback about her.  So hopefully that is just what happened.  Luckily I haven't sent the pony yet!  She's paid a lot already, and has only about 10% to go, so I thought that she'd want to pay the rest off quickly and receive her pony! She hasn't been keeping up with payments, so I worried that she couldn't afford the pony and have offered to sell the pony to someone else and refund her payments once I receive the money.

You might want to do that whether she agrees or not depending on how long she has kept you waiting.  Because this kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME with payment plans- it is not a bad idea to build in a non-refundable deposit for flakes, and a hard time limit for when the pony must be paid in full.   

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 02:51:58 PM »
Oh dear!  I don't think she is really "recently deceased"  - I think that is just a designation like the Arena has based on number of posts.  Like "Ouchy Roids Pony" or "Rapunzel Pony" or whathaveyou.   When you look at the "list" of members on the MH Arena- you can see that many dozens if not hundreds of members have the same designation- so unless there is an epidemic that I am completely unaware of- that is what I think is going on.

That's horrible and I've never seen that. Why would their title say, "Recently Deceased," instead of, "Inactive," or something? I'm sure a lot of people would freak out if they saw that under someone's user name. I would also assume that the person is actually dead.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 03:11:12 PM »

That's horrible and I've never seen that. Why would their title say, "Recently Deceased," instead of, "Inactive," or something? I'm sure a lot of people would freak out if they saw that under someone's user name. I would also assume that the person is actually dead.

I can understand it actually-  it is the Monster High board- and what with the new fad for zombie monsters, and vampires and the like- I suspect that is the tie in.

But yeah, I can TOTALLY understand the OC's mistake- especially if the OC isn't on the MH arena much and especially since the AWOL member has been missing for a while-

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 09:15:58 PM »
She has 4 different aliases on my Bad Trader List...  in 3 different categories.  I would say this is standard behavior for her...   :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 11:37:36 AM »
I can understand it actually-  it is the Monster High board- and what with the new fad for zombie monsters, and vampires and the like- I suspect that is the tie in.

Ahh, okay. I didn't know what Monster High was. (That's probably because I don't care for zombies and vampires.) LOL :P I had actually checked aniko79's profile on here and it looked normal.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »
Thank you for your help Galactica. As LBS has mentioned it is not unusual for her to go missing for long periods of time.  I would suggest sending her an email to the Paypal address you have from when she made her payments to you. Perhaps have it read "URGENT" or something along those lines. I would think if she has money invested so far that she would get back to you right away...hopefully  :(
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »
What Ponlylady said - that's what I would advise too - go with the "Urgent: please respond within (24 hours/48 hours/whatever time you feel appropriate)   PM  :nod: I would send it to her here and also via email using the Paypal addy she used to send her payments with.  I know Aniko has gone MIA before but if she has paid off most of what she owes you then I would think she will respond more quickly :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal