collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How does everyone feel about the new LPS?  (Read 4289 times)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: How does everyone feel about the new LPS?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2014, 07:08:30 AM »
I've never liked the huge head look of the new Gs. I wish this trend would go away! Bring back the well-proportioned animals!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 11:29:21 PM »
I'm in the minority(?) here. I think the previous big-headed LPS were ugly and the new ones are cute, stylish and have a much better, dynamic character design. I particularly love how they updated the hooved animals. Recently aquired the new llama and giraffe for a friend of mine and their long faces are just adorable. Much better compared to the squishy-looking pancake heads from the previous versions ^^#

I second this, i lost all interest on lps after G1, i was a grate fan but the toys that came after them were terrible to me, the big heads and small bodies and dropy eyes, to me they looked like chibis gone wrong, i specially disliked the eyes and how their cheeks looked, like they lacked sleep badly and their eye bags were melting down, and their begging eyes screamed "can i go to sleep now?"... maybe i was reflecting on them how i felt on those days thanks to college hahahaha :P
 there were rare exeptions that seemied cute to me, like some tiny babies but never convinced me to get more than a couple
but this new design is totally appealing to me, i also love the llama long face and edgy angles, they remind me of vinyl collectibles, or designer toys, and it makes sense seeing that the one who designed them is an artist with a solid particular style (the kind of style i really like)
but that is also (i think) the reason they aren't that appealing to most people, specially the audience they were previously selling lps to, the change was quite drastic quite fast, funny tho, with mlp new look they styles seemed to match the style and may be liked as well, but it seems that wasnt the case.
this reminds me that time i had my g1 sugarberry with me and a 14 year told me she was ugly, that she liked the g3.5 that were being sold in stores at the time a lot more, that what i had didnt looked like a horse and had a weird face  woot! XD  what some people love others could hate :P
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Honey Buzz Oregon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 07:07:53 PM »
I know I'm late to the party, but we (Rylee & myself) LOVE all of the G2/G3..... We are having a blast collecting them since we have just about got all of the my little pony dolls that I can afford to buy her until she is a little older or I am in a better place to start trading for the ponies we really need :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal