collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minimalist Living!  (Read 868 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Living!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 03:31:40 PM »
Ah I see...
I figure it's good because don't have to buy tons of toys...
Which is good for not having to pick toys up constantly, obviously saving money, but also can put that money towards productive things like something creative or active. (ie, arts or sports).

But even older children can learn the benefit of letting things go. Not all at once. But making wise decisions of what is most important and what can move on. And it can be tied into the value of money...

I'm crazy attached to all my childhood things. And it is really hard to let go. I STILL want to get rid of stuff, but I can't... and it kills me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 10:38:31 AM »
I've been wanting to practice this lately. Trying not to spoil myself so much on eBay. And I really NEED to save money for some things coming up like a vacation, getting new tires, etc.

It's hard, especially with all these new ponies and other toy lines coming out. I am definitely a person who has a hard time sticking to a budget and loves to spoil herself.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »
I would love to be able to live with less stuff. I easily feel cluttered with too much things, and I hate having too much around me that I don't use for anything. If I do have stuff that is not useful, they have to have some sort of sentimental value to me (and then it has to be a big one, not just because it's pretty...).

Still I always feel like I have too much stuff and once every third month I get this need to clean out my closet and give stuff away for flea markets or donate them to someone who might need it. It always makes me feel better to get the stuff out of the house. And even with all this I know that I am materialist at heart, my things mean a lot to me. The things I surround myself with makes me happy :) There are some stuff that I don't want to part with... at all! So, even though I like the idea - and I am doing my best to live by the concept - I would never be able to truly commit to it! I mean - only 100 things? That is....impossible! :shocked:

But I do like the idea of introducing this in its mildest form when I have kids. I don't want my children to have too many toys or too much stuff.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »
I have seriously considered selling quite a few of my collections so I can get my house back.  I am not a hoarder but I do find it stressful that I have ended up with so many things.  Its just insane.  I wish I could move to a new home though and do it slowly.  Its hard for me to work for long periods of time on clearing things out.  I need to do it though and I am almost there.  I will pick my favorites and get rid of the rest of what I have.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 05:06:14 PM »
Thank you everyone that has posted on here. I like to see and read what you all have to say. I also do not like to have a lot of things around me also. I did list something over the last few month that I was not looking at or using anymore. The first round I made almost $500!!!! Of course my car needed some work and that all went to her. This second time around I have made almost $500 again and have nothing to spend it on. Its all going into savings.....well some of it might go to pay off my CC that I need to get rid of. But it does feel good to not spend. I did break down yesterday and bought the new Collectors Guide, but it was just a few dollars :) 

It does feel good to get rid of things. My mom brought over a lot of my child hood things last year and I really did not want it all. But I put it down stairs and did not look at it.   We had a rummage sale last month and I put almost all of it in there. I could not believe that I sold all of it! And the good thing, I did and do not miss it anymore :) I think it was harder on my mom then me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal