collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it common for funko ponies to be in this bad of shape?  (Read 1112 times)

Offline loser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Is it common for funko ponies to be in this bad of shape?
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:21:03 PM »
I recently caved and received my first funko, & i'm really disappointed to say the least?  :sad:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It didn't show up very well in the picture, & i don't want to unbox her for better pics because i will definitely be sending her back, but Sweetie Drops has scratches on her legs & face & she's absolutely coated in factory dirt ... It's especially bad on her face and around her cutie mark, but it's literally all over her. :( Not to mention that a section of her tail is looks cracked and i'm afraid if i unbox her, it might fall right off!
Is this common of funkos, or did i just get unlucky? I'm not really a picky collector, so things like some paint misprints don't really bother me, but this is just really disappointing. I was so excited to start collecting these, too. :sad:

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:24:29 PM by loser »

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is it common for funko ponies to be in this bad of shape?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:25:52 PM »
I recently caved and received my first funko, & i'm really disappointed to say the least?  :sad:

It didn't show up very well in the picture, & i don't want to unbox her for better pics because i will definitely be sending her back, but Sweetie Drops is absolutely coated in factory dirt... It's especially bad on her face and around her cutie mark, but it's literally all over her. :( Not to mention that a section of her tail is looks cracked and i'm afraid if i unbox her, it might fall right off!
Is this common of funkos, or did i just get unlucky? I'm not really a picky collector, so things like some paint misprints don't really bother me, but this is just really disappointing. I was so excited to start collecting these, too. :sad:

All of mine have the tail thing like that, that's just the way the mold is, it won't break off.
A few of mine were slightly dirty, but it came right off pretty easily! Also, the boxes have nothing sealing them closed, so if you wanted to take her out, you can easily put her back in, and you wouldn't have to break any packaging or tape to get her out. I take mine out all the time, and you'd never even know I removed them!

Edit:

Here's some pictures of the tails.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:34:04 PM by melipuffles »

Offline loser

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:47:42 PM »

All of mine have the tail thing like that, that's just the way the mold is, it won't break off.
A few of mine were slightly dirty, but it came right off pretty easily! Also, the boxes have nothing sealing them closed, so if you wanted to take her out, you can easily put her back in, and you wouldn't have to break any packaging or tape to get her out. I take mine out all the time, and you'd never even know I removed them!

Ah, so am i just overreacting a bit? I don't want to make a fuss and send her back if it's really not that big of a deal.  :blush:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
They are actually pretty easy to get out of the box-  the box doesn't seal so you can take her out and put her back in without anything worse for the wear.

She actually looks pretty good-  I don't mind random dirt that washes off-  I have more of a problem with some of the eyes- that are poorly painted or smudged.  Yours actually looks pretty good.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »
I got sweetie drops, and saw a few more at Toys R us.. all their tails look like that, with the little crack. I think it's just the way she's made. I unboxed mine, and the tail seems pretty sturdy.
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline dori86

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »
It's not only Funko ponies, EG dolls with the ponies set as well , I had to look carefully bcoz they have some dirt on them!!! Same with the bakery set!!!   >_<

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
they are never perfect, but got to say that the last batch I received was the worst ever, I did not feel like reselling my extras at the end, I return them to Hot Topic ,I felt i was going to have people who are new to the Funkos complain and be in trouble for their blemishes :( , eyes damage,gaps and the patches of glue here and there , it was hard finding a pair to keep

Post Merge: August 20, 2013, 01:19:29 PM

It's not only Funko ponies, EG dolls with the ponies set as well , I had to look carefully bcoz they have some dirt on them!!! Same with the bakery set!!!   >_<
any pics of your Bakery set,  i have not found that one here yet
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 01:47:49 PM »

Ah, so am i just overreacting a bit? I don't want to make a fuss and send her back if it's really not that big of a deal.  :blush:

I think Bon Bon's tail is a bit more noticeable, but I believe it's because of the shape of the tail. :) They're VERY sturdy, I dropped my Fluttershy a bunch of times,she has the largest tail gap of mine, and she's like a brick (seriously, they hurt when they fall on your foot...OUCH!).

The dirt should easily come off, but I've also heard the quality of the plastic on the latest batches is not the greatest. I can't comment since I haven't received Bon Bon or Spitfire yet, nor have I bought Pinkie or Lyra yet, but I hope the quality has not gone down too terribly badly. For collectible figures of their price, they seem to be pretty good imo.

Offline dori86

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »
they are never perfect, but got to say that the last batch I received was the worst ever, I did not feel like reselling my extras at the end, I return them to Hot Topic ,I felt i was going to have people who are new to the Funkos complain and be in trouble for their blemishes :( , eyes damage,gaps and the patches of glue here and there , it was hard finding a pair to keep

Here :) I will post it again :) this pics was in my "last" brag post :D

they were looking weird at me when I was checking all available boxes with this set, but I don't care, I want to have clean ponies :)

one more thing, you can see that the box is also not well done...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:56:18 PM by dori86 »

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 01:58:28 PM »
I think it's terrible to buy a MIB toy and have it already be dirty. That is just gross! :mad: Shame on those companies/packing/shipping departments. Seriously, no parent wants to buy their kid a dirty brand new toy, and that's just insulting to collectors.

Offline loser

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 02:08:38 PM »
The fact that factory filth is so common on them still kind of unnerves me... (Huge phobia of germs) but ill just have to suck it up if its unavoidable. I still think they're cute and I'd like to have a few of them regardless, but I'm still really squeamish about how dirty she is   :X

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 02:30:16 PM »
If you're unhappy with it then I would see if you can get an exchange and maybe email Funko expressing your dissatisfaction with the dirt and scratches? These are supposed to be collector's items, after all, and I sure wouldn't be happy to receive a new item that needed cleaning up.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
The fact that factory filth is so common on them still kind of unnerves me... (Huge phobia of germs) but ill just have to suck it up if its unavoidable. I still think they're cute and I'd like to have a few of them regardless, but I'm still really squeamish about how dirty she is   :X

I believe the dirt is unavoidable in a lot of toys and collectibles...which really sucks.
I work in the toy department in Wal-Mart, and I've gotten boxes COVERED in nasty black soot, and normally, the toys and packaging inside have some kind of dirt on them as well. I don't know if it's the shipping companies or the packing companies, but either way, I'm always filthy when I'm done unpacking toys.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »

I believe the dirt is unavoidable in a lot of toys and collectibles...which really sucks.
I work in the toy department in Wal-Mart, and I've gotten boxes COVERED in nasty black soot, and normally, the toys and packaging inside have some kind of dirt on them as well. I don't know if it's the shipping companies or the packing companies, but either way, I'm always filthy when I'm done unpacking toys.
  i guess dirt from the warehouses and the trucks transporting them ,I think the toys are left with oily residues from the factory and then the dust on the road covers them :( or they have dirty hands when packing them :( , oh well , pony spa for any loose pony is in order :) another reason sometimes to leave them mib or open them LOL either way

Post Merge: August 20, 2013, 02:52:29 PM

Here :) I will post it again :) this pics was in my "last" brag post :D

they were looking weird at me when I was checking all available boxes with this set, but I don't care, I want to have clean ponies :)

one more thing, you can see that the box is also not well done...
been hunting for this one , not found so far, Target website show is it on stock at local stores but nothing there so far
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »
I passed up on Spitfire at TRU today because she was dirty in the box. Even the seams of her goggles had dirt jammed in them. But I picked up a Funko POP Rainbow Dash at the same TRU and she's perfectly fine.

(And for the glitter hunter up there, I spotted Princess Twilight and RD in sparkliness at TRU.)

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal