collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: star wars rebels advice....  (Read 330 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
star wars rebels advice....
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »
ok don't know how many people have seen it, but i will ask if you're totally against it. please still be kind.
everyone is allowed an opinion, but things like "you're wasting your time watching disney... " whatever won't help. (heard all this before in the real. so yeah. moving on)

it is currently my favorite show. and i've been watching it over and over again.
so i thought i would break down and buy the season on digital on google play, which so far is the only place i've been able to find it.
itunes is not an option, so if they have it there... yeah no go.
its 20 for the first season, which isn't bad, but when i went to buy it i found that this was the sd version.
this is the lower quality version for phones or basic computers etc. the hd is 30$

the twenty i could easily justify, as "no pony or doll purchases for the month" but 30 just seems like so much more.

i don't know if waiting would do me any good. i don't buy dvds anymore unless they offer a digital copy of the movie as well. and i'm concerned that the printed release of this won't include the digital or will be much higher in price.
my "TV" is my phone 90% of the time, so i can't watch most of my older movies i only have on dvd etc.

so what should i do? wait and take my chances that the dvd will have the digital, or just get the 30$ hd digital version?

would love some advice thanks-j

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: star wars rebels advice....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:07:14 PM »
First of all, I'm sorry you've gotten questioned for watching the show. I haven't watched it, myself, but I was really invested in Tron: Uprising when Disney was still putting that out. Cartoons aren't just for kids! Disney X D especially has had some awesome content, but that's besides the point.

Now, not knowing much about this show, I've gotta ask; have they ever officially confirmed a DVD release? I only ask because it seems a lot of the X D shows only make it to digital download format like Amazon or Google Play. I know from buying Disney movie DVDs that if you want a digital download, it usually comes in a 3-pack with the DVD, BluRay, and the download. And I'm not sure if they even do that for shows.

I'd say buy it on Google Play, if that's the format you know you'll get the most use out of. But it's ultimately up to you!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »
oh that's good to know. i haven't bought many of the shows before, but own a lot of the movies.
many of which i've been repurchasing when they digital come out.

yeah i guess i'll go with google play. amazon doesn't really work for me. as i'm an employee at Barnes & Noble and well.
i try not to openly support amazon.

i've heard about the tron show, but haven't seen it. worth watching?
as far as rebels go. well the last episode of the season is supposed to air on monday. so excited.
it's funny though. most of the people who make fun of me for watching it are more upset at the idea that there are more star wars being made besides the original 3. personally i think the story is interesting and i love the characters.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:44:38 PM »
If you really like it, $10 isn't really THAT much more. When hubby is waffling on buying something, I always ask him how much would it hurt if he missed out on getting it completely? Usually once you have an answer to that, you know whether you should buy it or wait.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 06:48:09 AM »
oh that's good to know. i haven't bought many of the shows before, but own a lot of the movies.
many of which i've been repurchasing when they digital come out.

yeah i guess i'll go with google play. amazon doesn't really work for me. as i'm an employee at Barnes & Noble and well.
i try not to openly support amazon.

i've heard about the tron show, but haven't seen it. worth watching?
as far as rebels go. well the last episode of the season is supposed to air on monday. so excited.
it's funny though. most of the people who make fun of me for watching it are more upset at the idea that there are more star wars being made besides the original 3. personally i think the story is interesting and i love the characters.
Yeah, as I said, I'm not sure how often Disney even releases physical copies of their shows anymore. They're really been pushing digital downloads, even with movies, so I'd say go for Google.

I can't really give an unbiased opinion about Uprising since I'm obsessed with the franchise in general, but I'd say it's worth a watch :P You'd only have one season to get through, at least. The art style itself makes it worth checking out an episode or two, but I thought the story was great, too. You just have to accept that it'll probably never have a resolution lol

And I love when people complain about extending or bringing back old franchises. Fine, be bitter, but don't take away from other people's enjoyment of something.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal