collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

(NEW) Next Theme?

(G1) Merry Marshmallow Ponies
(G1) Bubblegum Beauty Ponies
(G1) Sugar & Shine Ponies
(G2) Cosmic Kiss Ponies
(G1) Scent-sational Swirl Ponies
(Takara) Sweets Cafe Ponies
(G1) Mountain Boys 2nd Set

Author Topic: Crystal Dreams of Pony Design...!  (Read 26248 times)

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Crystal Dreams of Pony Design...!
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2023, 07:51:09 AM »
Spoiler
FINALLY! I've had a lot of stuff happening recently, so this set took longer than usual (also kept hitting an artistic block) but here they are!
Merry Marshmallow Ponies are very much inspired by the Candylocks doll series by Spin Master, as well as the Perfume Puff Ponies and the Cotton Candy set in Tonka's Cupcakes doll line...!
Basically, they have Perfume Puff-style hair twisted into sections meant to resemble marshmallow rope! They are also scented <3
Their wintery background was due to the suggestion by Artemesia's Garden that this could be a winter-themed set, which I thought was a great idea! This also found its' way into their backstory <3
I hope you enjoy!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Omygosh I'd totally buy that set! They're gorgeous, I wish they were real!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 07:53:22 AM by Griffin »

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2023, 01:03:52 PM »
I may dislike marshmallows but I LOVE these Ponies!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2023, 05:22:11 PM »
Amazingly beautiful ponies! Really lovely, even though I'm not a fan of marshmallows! :lovey:
:zzz:

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2023, 08:09:45 PM »
Spoiler
FINALLY! I've had a lot of stuff happening recently, so this set took longer than usual (also kept hitting an artistic block) but here they are!
Merry Marshmallow Ponies are very much inspired by the Candylocks doll series by Spin Master, as well as the Perfume Puff Ponies and the Cotton Candy set in Tonka's Cupcakes doll line...!
Basically, they have Perfume Puff-style hair twisted into sections meant to resemble marshmallow rope! They are also scented <3
Their wintery background was due to the suggestion by Artemesia's Garden that this could be a winter-themed set, which I thought was a great idea! This also found its' way into their backstory <3
I hope you enjoy!

Omygosh I'd totally buy that set! They're gorgeous, I wish they were real!

Aww haha thankyou so much! Isabelle (customsbypandabear) has confirmed she will make these guys at some point so you may get the opportunity to in the future! :heart:

I may dislike marshmallows but I LOVE these Ponies!!!

Aww thankyou! :heart:

Amazingly beautiful ponies! Really lovely, even though I'm not a fan of marshmallows! :lovey:

Ahh thankyou so much! I'm surprised how many people aren't a fan of marshmallows though haha  ^.^
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline Meadowhaven

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I love Blossom!
    • View Profile
    • Meadowhaven
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2023, 09:36:49 PM »
Oh man, I LOVE those Bubble Belle ponies so much, and the Merry Marshmallow ponies are glorious! Your designs are so pretty and fun, I would have collected these ponies for sure if they'd been released! <3
I'm an artist collecting Blossom merch and unique customs! Occasionally selling ponies and other geekiness at https://www.mercari.com/u/330010669/

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2023, 06:09:18 AM »
Oh man, I LOVE those Bubble Belle ponies so much, and the Merry Marshmallow ponies are glorious! Your designs are so pretty and fun, I would have collected these ponies for sure if they'd been released! <3

Aww haha thankyou SO much! :heart:
You might get an opportunity in the future - customsbypandabear has said she will be making some of my achievable designs in custom form (although sadly this doesn't include the Bubble Belles due to their composition) and there is a possibility they may become HQG1 one day as well! :)

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2023, 02:31:11 AM »

Aww haha thankyou SO much! :heart:
You might get an opportunity in the future - customsbypandabear has said she will be making some of my achievable designs in custom form (although sadly this doesn't include the Bubble Belles due to their composition) and there is a possibility they may become HQG1 one day as well! :)

Yes I will do any of the designs but some of them like the Bubble Belle and Rock Candy ones are transparent and we got only glittery baits from HQG1C. Also the original ponies had no transpaent ones.

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2023, 07:39:34 AM »
Introducing my most ambitious set to date, the Sweets Cafe Ponies!

I’ve always LOVED the Takara ponies but they only lasted a year and we didn’t get to see what they could have become, which in turn was my inspiration for this set!
This is specifically my take on how Takara would have done the ‘scented pony’ concept!
Each character is based on a different dessert/drink that’s somewhat iconic to 80s Japan (as far as I can tell with my research anyway lol) and of course, being cafe based, I had to create a playset for them too!
It was also pretty interesting trying to learn to emulate the art style, as it’s so different from what I usually draw!

This is the playset sans ponies, as I'm proud of the amount of detail I managed here with the slightly unwieldy 'rough pencil' brush :P

And here are the individual character artworks! :heart:

Fizzy Cream Soda - しゅわしゅわ クリームソーダ (Shuwa Shuwa Kurīmusōda)

Bubbling Ramune - ぶくぶくラムネ (Buku Buku Ramune)

Fluffy Strawberry Shortcake - ふわふわ いちごのショートケーキ (Fuwa Fuwa Ichigo no Shōtokēki)

Bouncy Pudding - ぷるぷる プリン (Puru Puru Purin)

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did creating them! <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2023, 09:51:24 AM »
I love these!!! The playset is delightful & I'd buy it if it existed!!! As for the Ponies, how good of you to go the Japanese route with them!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2023, 07:13:44 PM »
I love these!!! The playset is delightful & I'd buy it if it existed!!! As for the Ponies, how good of you to go the Japanese route with them!!!

Aww thankyou so much! Hopefully I can make it real in the future, my other half is trying to teach me 3D modelling and a playset like this seems feasible to create lol :P
And yes, Takara ponies are some of my favourite MLP ever, although I don't think I'll ever be wealthy enough to own one haha, my hope is HGQ1 will make Takara blanks one day...!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2023, 11:04:39 AM »

Aww thankyou so much! Hopefully I can make it real in the future, my other half is trying to teach me 3D modelling and a playset like this seems feasible to create lol :P
And yes, Takara ponies are some of my favourite MLP ever, although I don't think I'll ever be wealthy enough to own one haha, my hope is HGQ1 will make Takara blanks one day...!
They already have the Nippon babies in, so far four colours... They're quite cute!!! I think they'd need an adult fakie to do bigger blanks though, & even they are HTF

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2023, 05:41:52 AM »

They already have the Nippon babies in, so far four colours... They're quite cute!!! I think they'd need an adult fakie to do bigger blanks though, & even they are HTF

Yes I've seen the babies and they're definitely cute but I much prefer the adults! XD
I assume you would take either a fakie or a legit adult and 3D scan + clean up the scan because they're wayy too valuable to be sent off to be cast from tbh - or at least that's how I'd do it  :lol:

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2023, 07:50:17 PM »
So I can confirm the Spooky Season Ponies are currently being made by the wonderful pandabear_chan!

https://www.facebook.com/pan.da.9693001/posts/pfbid0qmShGNxkQcu5H8YJ9c9CWfNw8zCVnF2FzQmVkYQypqnhStaPPqgi8j5ghAdJ4NVEl

Cauldron Candy and Spooky Surprise are already spoken for, but Candycornucopia and Pumpkin Patch will be available!
They will have glow-in-the-dark manes and symbols :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2023, 09:03:45 AM »
 :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:
I LOVE that they get glow-in-the-dark hair & symbols!!!

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2023, 07:21:13 PM »
In anticipation of the Spooky Season Ponies being revealed in the next day or two, here is a redo of their artwork!

The main difference is the fonts and readability, although the original image also used a 'grain' image (the pixel-ey overlay that makes it look 'aged') by someone else, and I wasn't entirely comfortable potentially profiting from it, so the new image uses the 'noise' filter function on Photoshop (which I didn't have access to when I drew the original)  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal