collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SCAMMER ALERT !!! nasty ebay transaction  (Read 3991 times)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: IF you are this buyer.... I want to know = nasty ebay transaction
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 11:03:33 PM »
I wish it was "accidentally" goldenlambpony, but it just now doesn't seem likely at all...

worse is the weirdness that happened - read the link in kitkatvintage's thread - to save that seller from being scammed to sell that princess when it was originally listed in lot for like a dollar... seems the seller is so thankful (?) she goes on to scam whoever wins the separate auction that is the result of her avoiding a scam herself = too much 

My wondering now is if there was anyone else who was informing her of that value of that pony and again - the seller "wanting to do a good deed (?) sort of thing" - commits to helping that buyer regardless of the outcome of the auction. 

Admittedly I was not chatty with the seller other than asking if it  was OK to ship to the US, so  I dunno...

yah, maybe there was an element of this seller needing money-for bills or whatever- and it makes sense the seller would have to come up with a delay tactic for getting my money off hold, as I thought ebay puts a hold on funds while an item is in transit - but not sure of that policy.

here's the response I got from ebay:

RE: Your question about eBay Buyer Protection - SR# 1-4552788775

Hello Monica,

Thank you for writing to eBay Customer Support regarding the seller that you're having issues with. I understand that you want your seller to be banned from eBay.

Monica, what I did for you is I have reported this seller for possible Non Performance case here on eBay.

If proven that your seller violates eBay rules, in result your seller's account may be put on hold or much may be suspended and can no longer list an item here on eBay.

Relevant Department will be handling the report against your seller and rest assured we'll be keeping you posted for whatever result it may be.

Let me assure you that keeping eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell is our top priority as this is essential to the future of our business. We respond to every report that we receive and, if necessary, take appropriate action against members' accounts.

As soon as a buyer wins an item, by being the highest bidder in an auction or using Buy It Now, the buyer and seller enter into a contract. The seller must sell the goods and the buyer must pay for them.

The seller may not refuse to accept payment or fail to deliver an item for which they have accepted payment. They may not send an item different to that described or pictured in the listing.

What will eBay do with the seller?

eBay does not tolerate fraud activities, your complaint will be noted in the record of the eBay member you reported. If we find this member has violated our policies, we will investigate and take appropriate action. If this occurs, you may be contacted in the future about the status of this complaint.

I trust this information helps and I wish you all the best on eBay in the future.

So seems the outcome is that the seller will likely loose her ebay store ... still dunno how easy it is to start up a new "identity" as a seller, maybe she already has several accounts so best I can do is just once again plug the arena over ebay in regards to doing safe pony sales

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 12:53:00 AM »
Meh, they should ban also the buyer to be so .....  :enraged:
I don't believe the thing of a second offer, after so few days of the auction and again looking at their feedbacks they seems dishonest as well

Doesn't ebay block IP addresses to prevent people make a new account? Just asking, I think they should do it, it's too much easy for a scammer to open a new shop and keep the evil job.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 04:55:54 AM »
Even if they did block an IP address, it isn't that hard to change your IP address. You can just reboot your modem or even download a program that scrambles it.

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 05:38:05 AM »
Even if they did block an IP address, it isn't that hard to change your IP address. You can just reboot your modem or even download a program that scrambles it.
Yeah Maniah, sure we can do it, because we know how to do but not all people is able, for sure it would at least limit the scammers, the more ignorant ones would be out  :P

I just really wish that Maycrest get back her $$$ and find another Princess maybe cheaper too and to see this scammer burned once and for all  :)

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
Re: SCAMMER ALERT !!! nasty ebay transaction
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 01:59:59 PM »
OK = well I know the stupid sun hat made its way back to the UK... dunno if the seller is gonna just refuse to sign for it/pick it up.

I alerted ebay of the same and I wonder if this is a loophole/problem = I mean seriously, no one is forced to pick up their mail... I hope the policy is just showing proof that it was returned

will keep everyone posted and let's just hope this seller cannot come back to sell whatever goods - or at least if he does, than it should be trackable so you all can update your block-seller lists...

anyhow, fyi =

RE950009157US

First-Class Mail International

Processed Through Sort Facility

September 10, 2012, 5:01 pm

GREAT BRITAIN

Registered Mail™

Processed Through Sort Facility

September 08, 2012, 8:11 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Arrived at Sort Facility

September 08, 2012, 8:10 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Dispatched to Sort Facility

September 05, 2012, 6:15 pm

GERMANTOWN, MD 20874 

Acceptance

September 05, 2012, 3:10 pm

GERMANTOWN, MD 20874 

just so glad the colombians I went and turned around and treated myself to (nyah so there ebay a better option in my book) decided to end their party with gypsy's piggy and came outta hiding :-) = thanks to all the arena good vibes on that = I need some good vibes these days!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »
I need some good vibes these days!

^^ I think we all do!   Thank you for the update hun :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 11:13:56 AM »
well predictable but still a tad annoying ending on the ebay transaction:

Hi shoppergrrrl,

Good news! We issued you a full refund of GBP 190.00 on Sep 22, 2012. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping and has been credited to your PayPal account. Please log in to PayPal and view the History page if you don't see it in your PayPal balance.

Decision:
This case has been decided in your favor.

Comments:
You received the wrong item. We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase, and we're issuing you a refund for this case.

♥VINTAGE MY LITTLE PONY-PRINCESS PONY-MOON-RARE-1987♥

Item # :

Sale price:

GBP 180.00

Quantity:

Sale date:

Aug-11-12 14:04:00 PDT

Seller:

heavenlee-fashion

Case #:

Case opened:

Aug-30-12 03:34:40 PDT

Case closed:

Sep-22-12 21:03:20 PDT

View purchased item

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email reference id: [#97878b0ca8ee499ba0182216c7ce2a28#]
Please don't remove this number. eBay customer support may ask you for this number, if you should need assistance.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm thankful the case was decided in my favor.  I just think it is way too easy for the seller to pick up another online identity and keep on chugging and it kinda sucks that we can't just see a regular brag thread from whoever "bought" that princess since I am pretty sure there are enough posts about the whole mess of it all, so it's kinda sad to have  that all go underground ...

just so bizarre the seller turned around like that... that's all I can say :-/

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 12:13:18 PM »
That's great news that they decided in your favor.

As far as whoever got that pony we may never know  :huh: and with that we will probably never know what the heck even happened????
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 12:29:25 PM »
I know = kinda ironic it's a princess pony to end up "locked away" of sorts...

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 01:52:11 PM »
Ah finally, that's great that you got your money back Maycrest! I am really happy for you  :)
Well not good for the pony you lost but well at least you have the money, maybe soon you will find another one and in better conditions from a nice seller, you never know!  :)

And I completely understand your feelings about the seller and ebay, I also think that ebay should do something more against those scammers as it's true that those ones come back with other accounts and keep the evil job...guess we just have to keep our eyes open and help each other in the community to avoid scams  :huh:

If I had this princess I would have sold to you as I am not collecting anymore regular ponies but sadly don't have her, hope someone else here has one for you!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:53:55 PM by Izrabeth »

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 04:24:04 PM »
ha ha that's true = time to update the wanted thread again = been getting dragons so now down to just a princess Glow-y, Crash and Amber with coral hair (and has a tail) - pink, blue and yellow - one for each kid ;-) so it's all good

(gotta love that there are a-l-w-a-y-s ponies to hunt for!)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 06:15:05 PM »
I'm happy to hear you finally got your money back :hug:  I hope that you'll be able to buy another Princess pony soon to make up for the one you lost. Its such a pain that the seller gets away with this though :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal