collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there a Macy's Near You? (Then there'll be TRU, too!)  (Read 121 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Is there a Macy's Near You? (Then there'll be TRU, too!)
« on: July 20, 2022, 01:27:37 PM »
Back with the business news...
There's some good news for Toys R Us this year in that Macys agreed to let them have a seasonal store in EVERY Macys because (apparently) when they tested it last year or something it did well. TRU opened up that 1 like 'flagship' store in Mall of America but really everyone can't be expected to be near it or go to it or anything...but most people at least know where a Macys is in their town and can go.

But don't go yet because it only starts on October 15th and runs thru the holidays.
They say the TRU areas will be pretty big too, so it's not like going for some dinky shelf either.

https://www.mytotalretail.com/article/macys-and-toysrus-expand-store-in-store-partnership-for-the-holidays/#ne=0065d23431c01fcbd798f468b360e9ac&utm_source=total-retail-report&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=2022-07-20

I guess they seem to feel this is a 'return toward brick and mortar' for them, which is great for nostalgia and their supposed new focus which is "just toys & areas to play with it" instead of when they were trying to be a catch-all with boring non-toy stuff too.

But are there ponies?
Yes, they'll have G5 for sure and probably 4.5 if their website is any indication.

The "Just toys" angle is important because they'd mentioned earlier carrying toys from the non-giant brands too, and also not just chasing fads alone---which means a good possible outlet for Basic Fun to get back into retail where you'd expected it to be (unlike expecting ponies in restaurant Cracker Barrel of all the odd things...) Hopefully this is good news for the holiday season and they do really well and get encouraged because I would love to find pony in the toy aisle of an actual toy store again. 

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a Macy's Near You? (Then there'll be TRU, too!)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 05:16:54 PM »
ooooh fun!  happy shopping for the holidays everyone!  XD
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 06:10:31 PM »
Good news
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 09:27:32 PM »
I recently visited my Macy's TRU and it was mostly very common toys. No Basic Fun Ponies :( Hopefully they will get some for Christmas. There wasn't much character stuff in general and it's quite small.
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 03:52:49 AM »
This is exciting! I will definately  be heading over there and making some purchases when they open. TRU was always my most well-stocked and dependable toy source and collecting has never been the same since they disappeared.  So we need to show them lots of love and support so maybe one day they'll become a permanent shopping fixture again!

I would love to see them eventually graduate to thier own independent store in shopping malls. Without KB Toys as a potential threat, it makes perfect sense that they would!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal