collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help me Negative or Neutral at a loss Photos included  (Read 2986 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Help me Negative or Neutral at a loss Photos included
« on: April 02, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »
I purchased a pony from someone.  They shipped it to me in holiday paper.  Basically, all they did was wrap it a couple of times in holiday paper.  The printed part of the holiday paper was exposed to my pony.  There was no zip lock bag and no bubble wrap.  So, the holiday wrap design and color rubbed off on my pony causing her to turn green because she was a SS pony.  I paid very little for the pony, but this has upset me a great deal.  My message to the seller was to ask them to not do this again, but they did not offer any sort of compensation/return.  I understand people are in a hurry and mean well.  I like to think ever seller has some good in them when they are selling ponies, but honestly if you are going to sell ponies please put them in a zip lock bag.  Take the time to buy a mailer and ship them nicely.  Maybe you think you are saving a buyer lots of money shipping something a cheap way, but it doesn't save money when the buyer has to purchase this pony again.
Just about the time I think I have seen it all someone does something that just really surprises me. So, not only am I at a loss as to what feedback I should leave, but I also want to make sure people see this and think about using those plastic bags before you put a pony in anything.  It is one little bag that can save a buyers purchase from many postal problems.  Please don't use Christmas/Holiday paper only.  This is just not a professional way to ship an item someone has bought.

I have decided to keep the pony because it was very inexpensive. I have had to use clorox so once again I have a SS pony that is ruined in places due to a reason that could have been avoided.  I guess I will just deflock her.  She will become Cat Pee Pony's best friend Christmas Wrap Pony. :mad: :mad:

I just wish everyone knew this kind of thing would happen.

:pout:

Rant over..sorry pony peeps

Is it just me or does this pony look sad too?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

See all the red and green stains.  :cry:
Here is the shipping wrap.

The pony body.  -_-
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:56:07 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
Re: Help me Negative or Neutral at a loss Photos included
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:06:53 AM »
Personally, I'd leave a negative feedback. The pony you received was not as described in the photos- it will show the seller that they should not do that again. Especially since they did not apologize or take responsibility for this. If they had apologized/offered some form of refund, I'd leave neutral.

If you do choose to leave a negative feedback, I'd message the seller first. Let them know how you feel, and maybe you can get it sorted out without having to leave the negative feedback. Did you show them the pictures?

I'm very sorry that this happened to you  :huh: 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »
Negative feedback. The seller was the one at fault for not protecting the pony properly. It's one thing if something unavoidable happens once the item is out of the seller's hands, but another thing entirely of the seller ruins something out of ignorance or just not caring. Research is their friend and the fact that they didn't even offer you a refund is bull doodoo. Don't let these people run you over roughshod anymore Tula, seriously.

Poor tulagirl. Poor Buttons.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:49:18 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »
Well they said the were sorry and that it has never happened to them before and hope the pony wasn't too damaged and that was about it.  I will send photos later.

I am just so tired of this kind of thing.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »
I would leave a negative. As a seller and one of my buyers was upset, I would do what I could to make them happy. I have had a similar situation where I bought a lot of ponies and they wrapped them in brightly colored tissue paper and it rubbed off on the ponies. They just said sorry and that was about it. Fortunately, I was able to salvage some of the ponies. The others had to be baited. I left a neutral since I was able to use some of the ponies and the lot was cheap. This was a long time ago when sellers were able to leave neutrals and negatives, too, so I was worried she'd leave me retaliatory feedback if I left a negative.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »
I'm not even sure how someone gets the idea that wrapping paper is suitable shipping packaging, as others have said this is entirely the sellers fault. It costs only 8$ to get 100 poly mailers...

I agree with everyone else, negative feedback and let other buyers know this seller doesn't ship safely.

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »
If you do choose to leave a negative feedback, I'd message the seller first. Let them know how you feel, and maybe you can get it sorted out without having to leave the negative feedback. Did you show them the pictures? 
^I second this; you can ask for a partial refund and see if they are eager to do that and help make it right. Maybe they're not an experienced seller and they didn't know how to respond, besides saying sorry, when you sent your disappointed message. We can hope, right? I would recommend, though, even if you leave a positive, mentioning that the seller initially shipped the item in a way that damaged the item but gave you a partial refund; then future buyers can know what happened.

It looks from the second photo like they sent the pony wrapped in wrapping paper with the green side touching Buttons and then put her in a mailer of some type? It's *possible* that they were trying to make the package both more secure and nice-looking and didn't realize that the green paper would rub off on her. Sellers sometimes ship items to me wrapped in decorative paper for presentation's sake, though usually not with the colored side touching the item. And when I first started selling several years ago, I would wrap my ponies in colored tissue paper (and then of course put them in a bubble mailer); then somewhere I heard that this could rub off on ponies, so I stopped doing it (thankfully no buyer ever had a problem with the tissue paper, maybe because I used pastel colors). Nowadays I just ship ponies in a Ziploc bag and bubble mailer (unless, of course, they're wingers or otherwise fragile). Anyway, in the best case scenario, maybe this seller honestly didn't realize what could happen to a pony exposed to wrapping paper. Hope you can get it sorted out!

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 01:48:31 PM »
^I second this; you can ask for a partial refund and see if they are eager to do that and help make it right. Maybe they're not an experienced seller and they didn't know how to respond, besides saying sorry, when you sent your disappointed message. We can hope, right? I would recommend, though, even if you leave a positive, mentioning that the seller initially shipped the item in a way that damaged the item but gave you a partial refund; then future buyers can know what happened.

It looks from the second photo like they sent the pony wrapped in wrapping paper with the green side touching Buttons and then put her in a mailer of some type? It's *possible* that they were trying to make the package both more secure and nice-looking and didn't realize that the green paper would rub off on her. Sellers sometimes ship items to me wrapped in decorative paper for presentation's sake, though usually not with the colored side touching the item. And when I first started selling several years ago, I would wrap my ponies in colored tissue paper (and then of course put them in a bubble mailer); then somewhere I heard that this could rub off on ponies, so I stopped doing it (thankfully no buyer ever had a problem with the tissue paper, maybe because I used pastel colors). Nowadays I just ship ponies in a Ziploc bag and bubble mailer (unless, of course, they're wingers or otherwise fragile). Anyway, in the best case scenario, maybe this seller honestly didn't realize what could happen to a pony exposed to wrapping paper. Hope you can get it sorted out!

^ I agree with Haruna's comments. I would only leave a negative if you feel you've exhausted all avenues of resolving the issue with the seller and they seem unwilling to do anything.

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 04:11:47 PM »
i would thoroughly discuss it with the seller, as others have said, and send them photos. if they see how bad the damage is, perhaps they will be more likely to give you a refund, or at least a partial refund. if they repeatedly refuse to give you any compensation for the damage, only then would i give negative feedback.
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 10:12:45 PM »
Oh, gosh, poor Buttons :(  So sorry this happened to you (and the pony!)

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 09:40:41 AM »

It looks from the second photo like they sent the pony wrapped in wrapping paper with the green side touching Buttons and then put her in a mailer of some type?

No there was no mailer, its just Holiday wrapping paper and the ebay postage sticker on the outside with some tape.  The reason it is shiny there is because that tape is holding on the postage paper.  Believe me shocking as it is..only paper.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »
Wow! I can't believe this seller was so cheap they couldn't even go down to the dollar store and buy a bubble envelope!!! I'm sorry, but there is no excuse! I would leave suitable feedback for sure and it definitely wouldn't be positive.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
Well I am hoping they just didn't know and it was an honest mistake. I have received a full refund and they were nice about it. 

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »
Well I am hoping they just didn't know and it was an honest mistake. I have received a full refund and they were nice about it.

I am glad to hear you were able to work something out with the seller and that they were professional about it.  I know it is still disappointing to have received the pony in that condition though.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 11:42:23 AM »
Yes, but at least i have my money back.  I will eventually get a good Buttons.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal