collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65730 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1290 on: December 09, 2023, 09:27:55 PM »
I'm at my hotell and my alarm doesn't go off for another thirty minutes. My shift starts around 8 am so I get to eat the hotell breakfast today! and since it's sunday I'm gonna have pancakes! :yippie:

I finnish around 1 and then I'll go home and eat some lunch. Around four I'm gonna meet the person I'm a contact person to and we're gonna see the Songbirds and snakes movie. I've read the book and liked it so I hope the movie is good. The movie theatre (aka my old workplace) turns 30 years today so all movies are just 93 sek and there's gonna be quizes and surprises. I'm a bit apprehensive about the crowd and how my person is gonna cope but she wanna go.

Wont be doing much more than this, I have a very early shift tomorrow.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 10, 2023, 09:51:37 PM »
Beldarna sounds like a fun day!!!

I FINISHED the project!!! Now just to fit it in the box but that has to wait a bit.
I've stuck a few tile stickers & fish stickers on parts of the bathroom, currently a few small parts of the wet wall, the water tank of the WC, the stand-alone cabinets, & the shower control cover have some tasteful stickers on which make them look nice without interfering in function. Future decoration has to wait a bit, because I still need paint done...
I MUST get my card out!!! And unlock the door again. And check if I'm getting a painter before Christmas...
Once the card is out I can take piccies...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1292 on: December 11, 2023, 07:08:14 AM »
I was so tired yesterday, I slept all day.

Today is really cold! This one is sticking around for the week. 75 is the high. Considering it was 80 the other day, that's nice.

I'm going to try doing some housework. It's the same things I've been wanting to do; break down boxes, gather trash, vacuum by my desk.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 12, 2023, 01:09:18 PM »
BC hope you manage, & hope things go well where you need them most xxx

Things I've managed to do: put the card out!!! Of course more has arrived since but I got ALL the paper & card out up until Monday Morning.
Provide a DVD to the film day people watched & enjoyed!!! It was Paddington & they loved it. Next week is also one of mine: Billy Elliot.
Have a shower!!! Heated the bathroom while at the film day & then got sorted for the shower. It's a new thing showering at home!!! Back years ago I used to pay hotel room money for that privilege...
Go to coffee morning!!! It was lovely & I saw many of my coffee pals there, & everybody who can go is looking forward to Saturday.
GET MY LATEST LOOT!!! Although I know I have to budget with it I think I've hacked it well enough so yaiy!!!
Get the bus to town!!! I have two towns near me: one in each direction, both within 12 miles so half an hour's bus ride. Two weeks ago I went one way, today I went the other.
While in town, Find a source of the paint I want!!! My budget won't let me buy it yet, but I know where to get it from when I CAN spend more on it!!! (It's not cheap though, coming in at over £40 for a decent tub)
Post the package for my box-exchange friend!!! Project included. It went off recorded delivery. I can't wait until my friend gets it & the special prezzie I made her!!!
Stick within the budget set by my bank balance!!! And that includes: a load of food, some sticky hooks & sucky hooks for the bathroom, a big load of electricity credit, glue, & a couple of wee treats for myself!!!

Things I still have to do: the laundry!!! Since I've showered, I have all the clothes I was wearing before the laundry, as well as the kitchen cushion, which got messy due to me giving the air fryer a good once over (it needs it now & then, especially as I now have to cook veggie burgers in it).
Show up at Wednesday night, Thursday lunch, Friday morning, & Saturday afternoon, as well as find out when the last of Thursday lunch is (I think it may be next week before everything closes for Christmas).
The dishes!!! Like the laundry I need to get them done tomorrow.
The next project I'm working on. It's waiting for more yarn of that colour as I got 2/3 through & ran out. I found two it might be on eBay as neither the local shop nor town had the colour in question. So I have to wait until that arrives & move back to that big blanket

Things which are really frustrating me: NOBODY has been about my bathroom work since the joiner came & did what he needed to do, & I NEED the painter in for their thing, especially as paint is not cheap!!! I know there's one thing delayed: the fan outlet, but aside from that I JUST WANT THIS DONE!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 12, 2023, 09:55:27 PM »
Today is Lucia! :heart: Unfortunaly I'm at work so wont be able to watch the Lucia-performance on TV at 7am but hopefully I'll be able to stream it later. My train is having issues so I don't know if we'll even get to our final stop :shrug:. I hope I'll get home in time because..

Simba has an appointment at the vet today. Even if John is capable of taking him by himself I would very much want to be there as well. We need a new urine sample so we locked him in my office over night again. Hubby texted me earlier and said Simba had not peed so he's gonna continue to be locked up until he do. I feel terrible for him  :(.

Yesterday I baked a lot of saffronbuns and I was to take one with me to work as it's tradition to eat them on Lucia but I forgot it. I did remember my breakfast though.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 13, 2023, 08:47:50 AM »
Beldarna I hope you get finished on time for the vet visit xxx

Well I did the big blanket & as I thought, I didn't have enough yarn for two rounds, so after finishing one I finished off. If need be later I can buy a third ball of the yarn & add it in.
The first half of the laundry is complete too, & once I've done my thing here I'll get some food & do the dishes. I have another load to do soon.
I also want to take some more piccies, as well as go to a meeting tonight. I think it's 7pm start...

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: December 13, 2023, 11:53:49 AM »
Me and mom were going to clean up my sister's room for when she got home for Christmas, but- SURPRISE! She came 2 days early :lol: Honestly I don't know how I didn't expect it from her.
Also feeling a little under the weather again. I don't know why. My stomach has been hurting and my throat is scratchy again  >_<

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 14, 2023, 10:16:01 AM »
Cowboy get well soon!!! And enjoy your time wi your sister xxx

Not managed to take more piccies yet, but I'm back on little crafts as I wait for one specific yarn to arrive.
Have put a few more tile stickers up in the bathroom. Still just decorating the wet wall.
I also got the dishes done, had some quick eats, & made last night's meeting. It was fun, we had a load of food, & there were carols!!! And I found somebody else there who had a sharky like Bakana (though she hadn't brought hers). I of course brought Bakana & she met the pal she hadn't yet, as well as the fellow sharky fan xxx Got a doggy bag of treats to take home. May munch on them later...
Also made the soup thing today & they had delicious bread to go wi it!!! I got some of that bread & said I had a few crackers for next week.
I've put the other half of laundry on hold as I want another shower tomorrow after the noisy coffee, before Saturday's carols & fun.
Still no sign of any painters, but the planning permission notes are through for the external fan work (needs it as listed building)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1298 on: December 14, 2023, 11:02:35 PM »
Hello all, today we are going to have a quiet morning and then go to the library for baby singing. I just bought some streamers and balloons for the house. I wasn't going to but the house looks a bit bare. Mum and Dad are coming for Christmas day and the baby's birthday is in early January. So far I've managed the tree, a wreath for the door and two working strings of vintage lights (I'm 'allergic' to most LEDs so this is quite a feat). However, I think we've exhausted re-using, re-purposing and using natural stuff from the garden, now a bit of bling is needed.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 15, 2023, 05:05:06 AM »
Artie the baby singing sounds cute xxx And using garden décor is worth it!!! I bet it's lovely

Put a few more stickers up in the bathroom. Still sticking to the wet wall for reasons.
Went to noisy coffee & spent half of it chatting with pals so that was awesome xxx Practically had breakfast there as I scored a bagel!!!
Working on my small crafts until the right shade of yarn arrives.
GOT HOLD OF SOMEBODY RE LACK OF PAINTER!!! Also told them about the planning permission notes arriving. They say they'll talk to people to find out what's happening
Going to have a shower & put on a laundry load soon...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1300 on: December 15, 2023, 08:40:21 AM »
I was up late playing a game so I slept in today. I need to pick up the kitchen, bags and boxes on the floor, and put some items away in the pantry. That's about it.

I should probably work on ponies today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 16, 2023, 03:19:33 AM »
I spent the morning donating money to a number of charities. Since I don't have to buy any christmas presents for my siblings anymore I use the money I used to spend on them on charities every year. Three siblings, three organisations. This year it became four, one emergency donation a couple of days ago for an abandoned cat in dire need of expensive medical attention. I made that one in the name of my Angelcat Tarzan. I save up for this througout the year.

I've also been to the mall today and bought some items for a christmas game we're gonna play on christmas (we adults don't exchange gifts (except me and John and I made a thing for mom) so we buy these small trinkets and wrap and then we play about them with a couple of dices). I thought I was gonna celebrate on my own this year but grandpa didn't want to travel so mom and younger brother is coming! I get to spend some hours with them after work which made me so happy! The price was a challange though. I want to get something useful but we're just spending about 2-3 dollars on each thing so the options were limited. I managed though. I also got a 2024 wall calendar, an adult couloring book with mandalas and new christmas stickers.

So for the rest of today I'm gonna listen to come christmas music, do some wrapping and prepair the calendar for the coming year :coffee:. I have a big mug of tea and a bowl of potatochips and cheese doodles and some chocolate to go with it :). I'm also on a mission to see as many Chritmas carol movies I can. So far I've seen three. Gonna try to get two more today :biggrin:.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1302 on: December 16, 2023, 07:27:43 AM »
Man, am I tired this morning. I'll probably take a nap later.

I got everything done except the vacuuming yesterday. It's nice not to have a pile of empty boxes in my living room :lol: and all the dishes are done and everything is in the pantry. I can see my counters again! The litter boxes were also cleaned and refilled with fresh litter. And I managed to cook dinner for myself.

Today I'd like to put all the cardboard in the bedroom and get it out of the kitchen until I can hire someone to take it away. I'm also going to make the tacos today and have mine, then tomorrow when I visit my mom I can heat hers up and bring it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 16, 2023, 08:17:15 AM »
Beldarna that's some awesome festive stuff you're doing!!!
BC you're not alone in tired xxx And yaiy for clean home!!!

Yesterday's yarn wasn't the correct shade but today's was perfect!!! My box from my pal arrived too!!!
On the bathroom front EVERYTHING is on hold for the planning permission to go through.
I took a LOT of naps so only managed a few small craft bits.
I had the shower I wanted to have though, & also made the carol singing!!! As part of it we get food & it's enough to have lunch from!!! As a veggie I don't do sausage rolls but the ladies got some veggie munchies for me, & there were apple pies & cranberry pies as well as the traditional stuff. I got to take a few of the sweet things home afterwards. We also had quizzes & a raffle, but I didn't win anything, because I couldn't figure out two of the songs & some of the jokes...
For the rest of the day I'm knitting that last bit of what I needed to buy the yarn for!!!

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 17, 2023, 11:29:10 PM »
Me and mom were going to clean up my sister's room for when she got home for Christmas, but- SURPRISE! She came 2 days early :lol: Honestly I don't know how I didn't expect it from her.
Also feeling a little under the weather again. I don't know why. My stomach has been hurting and my throat is scratchy again  >_<
agh its gotten worse.. I'm coughing so much worse and my throat feels so dry  >_< thankfully my kitty has been spending time with me and that helps me feel better

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal