collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 245817 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #1365 on: March 10, 2021, 08:54:30 AM »
Is there any news with these ponies, anyway? Will there be any new releases this year?

It's confirmed on FB that there will be new "Rainbow Ponies" out this fall if retailers pick them up.

The assortment includes:

Sky Rocket
Fizzy
Sweet Stuff
Gingerbread

I really hope they are Twinkle-Eyed versions. But I wouldn't be sad if they weren't either. Lets just hope someone picks them up so they are made.

As for CJ and co, I think theyve only been found at Meijer and Paper Source in the US so far. I heard a rumor that Target discontinued the retro MLP line and won't be carrying them anymore. But lets hope that isn't true.

Oh this isn't good news. I hope Target continues to carry them. I can't imagine why they wouldn't; despite their odd, obscure shelf placement amid non-MLP items on random endcaps, they fly off the shelves at our Target locations. I have a Meijer within an hour of me, but it's way off any beaten path that my normal life takes me, and I've never even heard of Paper Source before. I'd sure love a new-looking Gingerbread and Sweet stuff though, if I can manage to get my hands on them, whether they are Twinkle Eyed or not.

My nearest Target is an hour away.  The nearest Paper Source is 2 1/2 hours away.  If you order online from Paper Source you don't get to pick which pony you get, which doesn't help me to find the ones I need.  :(

Can you order online from Target for delivery?  That's how I got my Gusty.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 10, 2021, 08:58:54 AM »
Is there any news with these ponies, anyway? Will there be any new releases this year?

It's confirmed on FB that there will be new "Rainbow Ponies" out this fall if retailers pick them up.

The assortment includes:

Sky Rocket
Fizzy
Sweet Stuff
Gingerbread

I really hope they are Twinkle-Eyed versions. But I wouldn't be sad if they weren't either. Lets just hope someone picks them up so they are made.

As for CJ and co, I think theyve only been found at Meijer and Paper Source in the US so far. I heard a rumor that Target discontinued the retro MLP line and won't be carrying them anymore. But lets hope that isn't true.

Oh this isn't good news. I hope Target continues to carry them. I can't imagine why they wouldn't; despite their odd, obscure shelf placement amid non-MLP items on random endcaps, they fly off the shelves at our Target locations. I have a Meijer within an hour of me, but it's way off any beaten path that my normal life takes me, and I've never even heard of Paper Source before. I'd sure love a new-looking Gingerbread and Sweet stuff though, if I can manage to get my hands on them, whether they are Twinkle Eyed or not.

My nearest Target is an hour away.  The nearest Paper Source is 2 1/2 hours away.  If you order online from Paper Source you don't get to pick which pony you get, which doesn't help me to find the ones I need.  :(

Can you order online from Target for delivery?  That's how I got my Gusty.

When I've tried in the past the site has told me that it can't deliver those items to my address but they can deliver other things.  Apparently just not ponies.  It's highly annoying.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 10, 2021, 09:40:09 AM »
That's so irritating!   :mad: I did have to order at least $35 worth of items, but at least they would deliver it to me.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 10, 2021, 09:43:19 AM »
Target's website is the worst. Not all items are able to be delivered to your home, and the ones that are often require a minimum $ amount purchase. Some items can be paid for and then picked up in the store, but not all. Other items they claim to be in stock in the store, but won't let you pay for it and pick it up, you have to just go to the store and hope it's actually there. I've gotten screwed over at least twice this way; the website said it was in stock (not ponies; it was kids clothes once and a different toy item the other time), so I schlepped an hour away to the store that claimed to have it with infant twins in tow, only to find that it wasn't there. The employees couldn't figure out why either, only that their info claimed that there was one in the store, but 'unavailable for purchase', meaning possibly an employee had claimed it before it had had the chance to hit the shelf. I don't know why they can't make their website more efficient/reliable, and their mode of distribution consistent.

Sorry for the rant. But yes, at one time, some Basic Fun ponies could be ordered from their website. I'm not sure if they can now; I checked their website a couple months ago while I was actually in their store, because I couldn't find any BFs in the store, and there were none listed online. I did, however, eventually find them in the store; they had just been moved to a different area.

Post Merge: March 10, 2021, 09:47:15 AM

That's so irritating!   :mad: I did have to order at least $35 worth of items, but at least they would deliver it to me.

Yes! I had to order $35 worth of stuff just to get a $10 baby outfit...but I was desperate to get the outfit so I did. So frustrating!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:47:15 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 10, 2021, 10:33:50 AM »
Generally I just make a trip of it on my day off to go looking.  And since the Michael's where I live shut down (because their rent got raised to an unreasonable amount), I have to go to the same town (an hour away) if I want to go to Michael's.  I'll usually hit a few thrift stores on the way if I have to that far anyway.

So I never know if they'll actually have what I want when I go but sometimes they do.

Spoiler
The sad thing is that we were supposed to get a Target years ago but the people selling the property they were going to buy found out it was Target and raised the price so they pulled out.  The people up here are just plain greedy and they think they're higher class than they are and it has cost us a lot in what merchandise we can get at a reasonable price.  Then the local business owners complain about people buying online.  Well...what do they expect us to do?  They don't carry it and won't let companies that do carry it into the area.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 10:36:12 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 12, 2021, 10:56:12 PM »
I hope Target does continue to carry them. At the moment though in the last week as I have been out shopping, I have noticed at multiple Targets near me the MLP tag has been removed completely from the retro end cap.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 13, 2021, 06:15:39 AM »
At my Target the  sale/clearance sticker for the ponies is still there but the ponies are missing and the space for them has been filled by Strawberry Shortcake.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1372 on: March 14, 2021, 09:21:33 AM »
So I got Lickety Split today. She was a late birthday present - she got caught up in transit. I mention it because her box is in 3 languages and I haven't seen one like that before - French ,Spanish and English. There's some disagreement whether she came from Germany or Switzerland - she was definitely shipped by DeutschePost though. But there's no German on her box...

Is this a European release or ..?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 14, 2021, 12:02:16 PM »
Could it be they are taking a break to give Strawberry the spotlight since they are made by the same company and MLP is currently in a lull?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 14, 2021, 12:31:30 PM »
So I got Lickety Split today. She was a late birthday present - she got caught up in transit. I mention it because her box is in 3 languages and I haven't seen one like that before - French ,Spanish and English. There's some disagreement whether she came from Germany or Switzerland - she was definitely shipped by DeutschePost though. But there's no German on her box...

Must be the perfect Lickety-split for you, since you are both multi-lingual.  ^.^
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1375 on: March 14, 2021, 01:40:53 PM »

Must be the perfect Lickety-split for you, since you are both multi-lingual.  ^.^

It does mean she can demand Ice Cream in 3 languages mind you ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 14, 2021, 02:48:34 PM »

It does mean she can demand Ice Cream in 3 languages mind you ;)

Does this mean she has eclectic tastes?

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 14, 2021, 07:53:53 PM »
I'm still dying for Lickety over here in California - still no luck at Target of late. Ugh.

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 14, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »
Paper Source filed for bankruptcy.

But yes, I haven't seen ponies at Target in a year now. It's very disappointing. I caught a few before last Easter at a TJ Maxx, but I haven't seen any anywhere since.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 14, 2021, 08:41:16 PM »
Paper Source filed for bankruptcy.

But yes, I haven't seen ponies at Target in a year now. It's very disappointing. I caught a few before last Easter at a TJ Maxx, but I haven't seen any anywhere since.
Paper Source?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal