collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!  (Read 245811 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary Collectors ponies - Thread 3!
« Reply #1125 on: August 19, 2020, 01:21:52 PM »
My ongoing saga of trying to buy Gusty on Target's website continues - I checked out of the blue and it didn't say sold out!  So I tried to buy her, but it turns out they won't sell her unless you buy $35+ worth of stuff...I thought, well I'll just think of $25 worth of other stuff to add, but then I had a video conference starting in a few minutes and I couldn't think of anything else to add at the spur of the moment, so I decided to wait until my meeting was over...sure enough as soon as I went back to it an hour later she was sold out again   :lol: :cry:

What? That's so lame! No one should be forced to buy a certain amount of stuff!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 19, 2020, 01:25:11 PM »
My ongoing saga of trying to buy Gusty on Target's website continues - I checked out of the blue and it didn't say sold out!  So I tried to buy her, but it turns out they won't sell her unless you buy $35+ worth of stuff...I thought, well I'll just think of $25 worth of other stuff to add, but then I had a video conference starting in a few minutes and I couldn't think of anything else to add at the spur of the moment, so I decided to wait until my meeting was over...sure enough as soon as I went back to it an hour later she was sold out again   :lol: :cry:

What? That's so lame! No one should be forced to buy a certain amount of stuff!
Seriously lame!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 19, 2020, 04:14:13 PM »
It’s so hard to get these ponies! I tried ordering from Target but it was going to be over $100 shipping to get them to Canada. They never became available on Amazon.ca except through very pricey third parties and Amazon.com only got the unicorn/Pegasus ponies :( The stores in my area only ever got the original 6 collector ponies and original 6 rainbow ponies. It’s been a crazy scavenger hunt trying to get the others and I’m nowhere near having them all.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 19, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »
My Target didn't have any of the Basic Fun ponies. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1129 on: August 20, 2020, 04:38:39 AM »
It’s so hard to get these ponies! I tried ordering from Target but it was going to be over $100 shipping to get them to Canada. They never became available on Amazon.ca except through very pricey third parties and Amazon.com only got the unicorn/Pegasus ponies :( The stores in my area only ever got the original 6 collector ponies and original 6 rainbow ponies. It’s been a crazy scavenger hunt trying to get the others and I’m nowhere near having them all.

What's the shipping like from Amazon UK to Canada? Is it bad? Because the 2nd set rainbows are all still available on there at retail I *think*. I'm not sure what your conversion would be like but the £ is fairly weak at the moment.

ETA - when I checked I could only find Flutterbye at retail :/ I guess they had a run on them during lockdown.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 20, 2020, 05:09:56 PM »
I had looked on amazon.uk in the past and they wouldn’t ship the ponies to Canada. It said something like the item is unavailable for shipping to your location :/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 21, 2020, 06:45:01 AM »
I had looked on amazon.uk in the past and they wouldn’t ship the ponies to Canada. It said something like the item is unavailable for shipping to your location :/

Ugh, that sucks :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 22, 2020, 02:48:03 PM »
Gusty and friends finally showed up here in Georgia, USA.  I passed on Heart Throb and Sparkler.  Thought hard about Sparkler, but the red tail just wasn't enough to warrant another one in the herd (I have three.  Loose, MOC, and a baity one).  I wanted Surprise, but the one at my store had a long smudge on her wing and a defect on one balloon.  So I just bought Gusty, and will watch for another Surprise.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 22, 2020, 03:21:05 PM »
Gusty and friends finally showed up here in Georgia, USA.  I passed on Heart Throb and Sparkler.  Thought hard about Sparkler, but the red tail just wasn't enough to warrant another one in the herd (I have three.  Loose, MOC, and a baity one).  I wanted Surprise, but the one at my store had a long smudge on her wing and a defect on one balloon.  So I just bought Gusty, and will watch for another Surprise.

Congrats Gator

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 23, 2020, 06:00:51 AM »
I have Sparkler and Gusty (now both out of Quarantine) and I have to say that I really love how distinct Sparkler is. There's definitely two shades in the purple section of her mane, as well as the red, and I think she's a slightly different blue shade? I actually haven't had a chance to compare her to my loose one, though.

I only wish they had made her curly, because one thing my collection one doesn't have still are curls. Sparkler is not an easy pony to get here in the UK, so I'm a bit sad they haven't experimented with curling hair for this line. It was their main gimmick after all. The hair there is is not really long enough to do it myself.

I like Gusty too - she's so white, and even though I grew up with painted symbol Gusty (my friend's), I always prefer her having glittery. I think she's a pretty faithful representation, though.

Congrats on getting her in store, Gator :) I am sad I am not able to go hunting for these at the moment.

I will probably get Surprise and Heart Throb but I still wish Powder was gonna be part of this line. We never had this set (aside painted symbol Gusty) in the UK, and Powder will always be my favourite y3 unipeg. Oh well...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 23, 2020, 07:04:46 AM »
I have Sparkler and Gusty (now both out of Quarantine) and I have to say that I really love how distinct Sparkler is. There's definitely two shades in the purple section of her mane, as well as the red, and I think she's a slightly different blue shade? I actually haven't had a chance to compare her to my loose one, though.

I only wish they had made her curly, because one thing my collection one doesn't have still are curls. Sparkler is not an easy pony to get here in the UK, so I'm a bit sad they haven't experimented with curling hair for this line. It was their main gimmick after all. The hair there is is not really long enough to do it myself.

I like Gusty too - she's so white, and even though I grew up with painted symbol Gusty (my friend's), I always prefer her having glittery. I think she's a pretty faithful representation, though.

Congrats on getting her in store, Gator :) I am sad I am not able to go hunting for these at the moment.

I will probably get Surprise and Heart Throb but I still wish Powder was gonna be part of this line. We never had this set (aside painted symbol Gusty) in the UK, and Powder will always be my favourite y3 unipeg. Oh well...

Really? That does sound pretty. I didn't know she had two shades of purple.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 23, 2020, 08:40:10 AM »

Really? That does sound pretty. I didn't know she had two shades of purple.

It reminds me of how Berry Bright's hair is two shades merged together to get the one overall tone. It makes her purple look lighter. I think Jem also did the same with Kimber in the second edition, as well. And it *might* also be what is going on with BF Moondancer having the purple strands through the red if I remember right in her tail...? I can't get at mine to check right now.

Either way I didn't notice them in photos and only spotted it when I got Sparkler out of her box, so it's pretty subtle but I like it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 28, 2020, 04:19:44 PM »
I've given up on finding these in person. My local Targets still have the second rainbow waves and they're not even on clearance. Oh well.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 28, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »
Yes Moondancer has red/purple in her tail.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1139 on: August 28, 2020, 05:18:30 PM »
I've given up on finding these in person. My local Targets still have the second rainbow waves and they're not even on clearance. Oh well.
I only just now found them at my local Target, don't give up hope!

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal