Pony Talk > Off Topic

Yoga! Yoga yoga yoga~

(1/4) > >>

lemontwist:
I went back a few pages and it seems there's no recent discussion on it so here we go.

I just started taking it seriously a few days ago, before that I would just do some ~yoga stretches~ every once in a while. I'm on a 30 day challenge to do yoga for at least 15 minutes every day. It's harder than it looks! Most people think that yoga is tough because you're not flexible, but truthfully it's so much to do with strength as well. Like all those comics and shows that jokingly show someone all twisted up like a pretzel and stuck.... that pretzel is so not even going to happen until you have the strength to hold it! It's crazy.

My yoga mat is coming in the mail soon hopefully so I'm not dying on my hard linoleum floors. There's a lot I can't do just because I don't have the cushy mat to protect things like my knees and my spine.

So yeah, anyone around here do yoga? For how long? Anything you're aiming to accomplish currently in your practicing? Anyone just curious/ considering starting yoga? Anyone think it's totally silly? Discuss about it here you guys, I'm on a yoga kick  :P

Saja:
I used to do Yoga alot after my last child, it was great, and yes super dooper hard, I used 2 mats! But then I tried Pilates, and that is more fun for me, to keep my back issues in control, I do pilates every day, a 25-30 min work out. My back thanks me for it!
Goodluck with your Yoga!

Levengale:
Oh, I looooooove yoga! I really haven't done it in a while though...need to get back in the habit.  :P  But it's true, it really does require a lot of strength!

Ponytails:
Try using a big towel or 2 regular bath towels instead of a mat till you get yours. 

Yoga is tough, I'm always sweating at the end of my 45 min sesions almost as much as my 1 hour gym sessions!!

Eviecorn:
I used to do quite a bit of yoga ... I must start again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version