collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Was Your First Nirvana? And What's Your Favorite And Your Grail Nirvana  (Read 6211 times)

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
First Nirvana:
My childhood Macau Cotton Candy which came with my beauty parlour (unusual isn't it).

Actually the Macau Parlor is not all that unusual and seemed to be part of the normal European Release in some Countries
 It had the names of the Macau Ponies and there have been several come out of Germany for sale on the open market as old toy stock.

Here is a picture of the one I had
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It came with Peachy/Folly
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
But mine was a cotton candy, not a peachy and all the ponies had their french names, except that the names and the symbols on 2 of the cards were switched, but I can't remember which ones ;)

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
But mine was a cotton candy, not a peachy and all the ponies had their french names, except that the names and the symbols on 2 of the cards were switched, but I can't remember which ones ;)

Interesting, I have also had the French and Belgium and Dutch Parlors and all of those came with Italian Peachy. 
The French and Belgium Parlors were in French for pony names.
All the parlors I had in my Collection were New in the box, most with the plastic still around the ponies Head.
There was also two released version in Spain, one with NC Peachy and one with Piggy Peachy. 
Not sure though about the Spanish pony names as the parlor I received had Piggy names but a NC Peach inside.
 I have never heard of a parlor coming with any sort of CC. 
Was the parlor new in the Box when you received it?
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Oh yes, it was a christmas or birthday gift and it was new but I think, but I'm not sure since it was a very long time ago, that I was quite surprised/disappointed that the pony in the box was not the one pictured on the box.

Here's a recent picture, the cards are not displayed but I can fix that  ;)

My Want List

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Oh yes, it was a christmas or birthday gift and it was new but I think, but I'm not sure since it was a very long time ago, that I was quite surprised/disappointed that the pony in the box was not the one pictured on the box.

Here's a recent picture, the cards are not displayed but I can fix that  ;)

Very Nice and the fact you still have the play set and pony, Special
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
Interesting, and how cool that you have kept your original Parlor. Maybe Hasbro just had some leftover Cotton Candy and/or Parlor stock to get rid of.

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
It bothers me that I'm not sure! I think it was Macau Jenny...

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Interesting, and how cool that you have kept your original Parlor. Maybe Hasbro just had some leftover Cotton Candy and/or Parlor stock to get rid of.

That's very possible, especially since they were several waves for its release and I got one of the first editions, because my cards were limited to the first CPs, although my sister first pony was parasol and she got her before I got the parlour. I may have had one leftover from the first edition ;)

My Want List

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
What was your first ever nirvana (feel free to include back story of getting her/him if you wish)?
Peru Baby Bowtie

What is your fave nirvana that you own?
Argentina Coolbreeze!

And what is your nirvana grail?
Greek Baby Minty  :inlove:

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
yay, I love this sort of thread :P

my first nirvana was macau peachey, which I didn't even realise at the time. I got her in a lot with about 5 other ponies & the lullaby nursery from a girl at the stable yard where I used to work back in about 2006. she wanted a fiver for the whole lot  :blink: so of course I bit her hand off, sold the ponies to my friend who was also collecting and it was only when looking at them to see who I had that I thought something didn't look *quite* right with peachey, she was too shiney...  then I saw macau on her foot, thought ''eh??'' and looked into it...  and thus the slippery slope to nirvana goodness had begun ;)

my grail nirvana was always mexico medley, but I got her last year and my whole world was complete :silly: 

until the venezuelean lot came along and grail's changed...   :|

obviously i'd like a south African medley but pkw made me a custom til that day comes ;)

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
What was your first ever nirvana (feel free to include back story of getting her/him if you wish)?
If we're counting UK ponies, the non-BBE Baby Gusty was probably my first.  If UK ponies are too common, I've got a Mexican Twilight (the pony that came with the Perfume Palace.

What is your fave nirvana that you own?
Mexican Medley

And what is your nirvana grail?
Mexican Firefly - Medley needs a sister!  Also, I need to expand my Bow Tie army with some variants.  I've got a few of the Euro CP Bow Ties and a Mexico version, but I'd looooove to get one of the alternately colored ones in my display case.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal