collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your 2023 collection recap!  (Read 2415 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Your 2023 collection recap!
« on: December 29, 2023, 08:55:10 AM »
Following on from last year's thread :) what happened with your pony collection in 2023? Any additions or did you downsize? Did you get any grails? Did any get away? What are you hoping to do with your collection in 2024? Let us know! :silly:

Here are the additions to my herd:
Cotton Candy 3D figural keyring (Monogram) (technically the packaging just calls her "Retro Pony" but it's obviously CC XD)
G4 reboot Minty
40th ann. Cotton Candy
Zuru 5 Surprise Toy Mini Brands Fluttershy
Zuru 5 Surprise Twilight Sparkle
Zuru 5 Surprise "Frozen Moment" Twilight
G4 reboot Celestia
G4 reboot Luna (Purple ver)
G4 reboot Cadance
Egmont magazine Sunny Starscout (Winged unicorn ver)
Surprise Drinks standing ponies: main 6 + Celestia + Spike
Surprise Drinks sitting ponies: main 6
Surprise Drinks lying down ponies: main 6
G4 reboot Luna (Blue ver)
G4.5 Pony Friends Pinkie Pie w/ molded hair
G4.5 Pony Friends Rainbow Dash w/ molded hair (bought these two when I was in New York :frolic:)
Zuru 5 Surprise Rainbow Dash (annoyingly mine's been put into the "package" weirdly so you can't really *see* her, anyone know if you can re-position these?)
G3.5 Mummy Rainbow Dash
Egmont magazine Pipp Petals (Raised hoof ver)
Egmont magazine Izzy Moonbow (Raised hoof ver)
Complete set of Basic Fun 40th anniversary blind boxes (6 ponies + Spike)
Celestial pony Nova (White stripes ver)
Egmont magazine Misty Brightdawn
A New Generation Movie Friends molded mane Sunny Starscout
HQG1C Near and Deer + bonus Tradewinds plushie

So that's a total of 48 ponies (and friends), or 49 if you count plushies. ^^ Mostly 'merch' since I don't really collect G5 (so far only the magazine ponies have really caught my eye... although I guess my new Sunny is a "proper" Hasbro G5 so maybe I'm being converted!!) and this year I was either focusing on other collections or saving up for the New York trip ^^

Thrilled to finally cross the G4 reboot ponies off my list (I think I'm done with that part of G4 now!) and I'm particularly excited about getting the full set of Surprise Drinks ponies (and Spike) since I didn't think I'd ever get those. Hoping to pick up the rest of the Celestials and the Midnight Castle set in the new year :) Oh, and the other two Zuru 5 Surprise ponies I'm missing (technically I'm missing three but not bothered about Golden AJ), if I can just track them down for a decent price! I've had a devil of a time trying to find Pinkie and AJ, go fig they're my favourites too!

Excited to hear about your herds! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Your 2023 collection recap!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 10:42:32 AM »
G1s:
Fizzy
Magic Star
Wingsong

G5s:
3 Custom baits
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 06:06:37 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 11:26:07 AM »
My 2023 was very small for pony collecting. My financial situation isn't the best to spend a whole lot on pony stuff, but I did mange to get the following:

-Trickles Rainbow pony
-Pinwheel Rainbow pony
-Sweetness and Lace pony wear
-Prima ballerina mother and baby pony wear

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 11:40:49 AM »
I sold most of my ponies.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 12:17:30 PM »
I sold some ponies and I acquired 2 BF Celestials
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kitcatepic

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 12:33:29 PM »
G1:
Dancing butterflies
Sweet tooth
Aurora
Cotton candy
Blossom
Love melody
Up up and away
Wind whistler

G3:
Pinkie pie
Rainbow dash
Golden delicious
Island Rainbow
Wondermint

G4:
Apple bloom
Sweetie bell
Scootaloo
Pretzel
Lily Blossom
Lyra
Various pets that came with the early g4 releases

Edit: last minute edition I have basic fun tootsie now  :frolic:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 04:12:06 PM by Kitcatepic »
long live chrysalis

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 01:39:33 PM »
I decided to start collecting again and this year was an absolute explosion of re-buying ponies I once owned, plus some.
To make it short,
I added:
81 G4 brushables  :whoa:
3 G4.5 ponies
1 G5 figure
1 Funko Mystery Mini
3 HQG1C ponies
And a highlight of the year of returning to collecting was attending Pony Friends Forever convention.

In 2024 I plan to:
Get the 3 G4 brushables I need to complete my collection (Silver Spoon, Sweet Song, & Princess Cadance (Crystal Princess Collection version)).
Try to attend PFF again
Decide if there are any other ponies I want to add while staying within a pre-set budget
Wash and style all my pony’s hair
Sell the extras I ended up with
Take more photos and do more pony drawings

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 02:14:18 PM »
I didn't expand my collection very much this year ^^'
But I did add a few!

G1:
baby Heartthrob
Princess Serena

G3:
Winter/minty xmas version Minty
Rainbow Bubbles
Styling Cheerilee
Sapphire Shores

G4:
Princess Cadance

I also got my first ever HQG1C pony! Baby Rainbow Twist. She' so precious, I love her a lot!
And I bought some 3d-printed resin earrings in the shape of Mommy Charms from Annie & Sunsparkleandrainbows on IG.

I also finally started organizing my collection - still working out what to do with risers >.< For now, I'm stacking tea cartons and various boxes xD And I got my Crimp&curl salon up on display finally!

For 2024, I hope to... pony more. :) I was going to make a thread dedicated to 2024 pony plans, may I steal that question from this thread? :frolic:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2023, 04:43:32 PM »
Mostly HQG1Cs, Celestials, retro mini figures, & G2 BUILDINGS!!! The big one being G2 buildings!!! This was the year I fond the last of the G2 buildings I needed: the well, the school, the mansion, the ballroom. I don't recall if the castle was this year or last, but it was missing a part which I got this year too.
HQG1C-wise we saw more Baby Boys, a new pose for an adult Boy, & a few new poses I'd been looking for. I look forward to more HQG1Cs next year.
Retro-wise the Celestials were a whole new set of Ponies & I'm by no means alone in getting them ALL, as opposed to the one per set I've been getting to encourage Basic Fun to keep going with these figures. They've started on their plushies too, but these are duplicates of old plushies I already have. The next lot however are exciting. Speaking of, I LOVE the minis!!! The six-Pony set AND the blind box figures (still missing Spike but I keep hoping, asking, searching) are awesome!!! I hope they do more of them.
The remainder, aside from the odd one like Greek Butterscotch, have been my own Customs, mostly taking inspiration from a make-your-own-Custom challenge right here on the Arena. I made a matching Mum & Baby set from Phonies in Pony-like moulds, & the Baby was so cute & went so well I hunted through my other Phonies of that pose to make more Customs. I have some still to make but have done several & they're lovely, & fit well in my Ponyworld.
OVERVIEW:
Accessories: these are the big one. I've made loads of Pony Jumpers & Capes, & this is the year I started crocheting too, so also been crocheting accesssories. Meanwhile I've been buying improv dollhouse accessories, Custom accessories from PKW & so on, & more actual accessories from Gaspode & so on. I even made rockers & am working on some high chairs.
HQG1Cs: Noble, Little Bolt, Conquer, Little Meteor, Kindred, Little Ray, Surfside, Fiesta, Cheerful, Funday, Jamboree, Jubilee, Little Singalong, Little Snowy, Wintery, the four Nippon Babies, Little Apple, Trick Or Treat, Near & Deer, Icy (dragon), Spooky (dragon).
G2: Bonheur, Nid Douillet, the school, the mansion, the well, the ballroom, maybe the castle.
RETRO: ALL FOUR Celestials, 40th anniversary Butterscotch, RAMC minis: Blind Box Cotton Candy, Bubbles, Gusty, Starflower, Ember.
CUSTOMS: Baby Sunbeam, Baby Sunnybunch MGR, Margherita (G3), Hotcake Griddle, Crepe Flipper, Hi-Jinks, Baby Skyrocket TE, Baby Sweetie, Baby Scrumptious, Baby Skippety Doo, Baby Brighteyes TE (by PKW), G3 Spike Dragon.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BabyCuddles

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 05:26:20 PM »
The underlined ponies are the ones I wanted the most:
G1s:
Magic Star
Cupcake
Twinkler
Kingsley
Blossom
Baby Bouncy
Mainsail
Sunspot
Nova (with white stripes)
Basic Fun Plush Moondancer
Polaris
Raspberry Jam
Collector's Pose Bow Tie
Blind Box Moondancer, Spike, and Bubbles
Lofty
Buzzer
First Tooth Baby Lickety Split
Merriweather
Rescue at Midnight Castle Set
Tiffany
Flower Bouquet
Half Note
4-Speed
German Baby Starburst
Caramel Crunch
Magic Message Windy

G2s:
Magic Motion Sundance

G3s:
Cotton Candy I
Baby Honolu-loo
Royal Rose

« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 05:27:53 PM by BabyCuddles »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2023, 08:02:40 AM »
For 2024, I hope to... pony more. :) I was going to make a thread dedicated to 2024 pony plans, may I steal that question from this thread? :frolic:

Certainly! :)

oooh PBW I'm jealous of all the HQG1C boys you have! I'm so behind with them x_x hoping to fix that soon :D

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2023, 03:53:30 PM »
I think I didn't get a single pony this year^^; Not sure if I will in the coming year either. I'm out of shelf space.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2023, 03:14:56 AM »
I got
all the Celestials
the Starshine christmas ornament
a pair of 3d-printed resin earrings and a necklace in shape of the mummy charms made by two long time Swedish collectors.
the Rescue at Midnight Castle 40th anniversary pack and all the little Blindbags/boxes so I could get Spike and Ember as well.

I also got some fleemarket finds, but can't remember who :lookround: and a friend found Majesty and European Tootsie at a thriftstore and bought them for me.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2023, 01:14:35 PM »

Certainly! :)

oooh PBW I'm jealous of all the HQG1C boys you have! I'm so behind with them x_x hoping to fix that soon :D
I still want Daddy Maple, & I've heard of a few others I'm waiting for... but they're very new. The issue is Clipper has hardly touched here or Discord in ages...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline normaleeinsane

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2023, 02:38:27 PM »
I got around 35 ponies in 2023.  :happy:

I got a bunch of G1 ponies and managed to complete the first set of newborn twins and the first set of sweetheart sisters and the glittery sweetheart sisters. I also got more baby sea ponies.

I only got 3 G3 ponies but I did get July Larkspur who has such pretty colours.

I also added to my collection of HQG1C ponies including getting a couple more to customise.  :art:

And finally we got some of the Basic Fun retro releases here, Cherries Jubilee and friends and the pretty soft plush ponies. I also managed to get Celestial pony Aurora.

My collection has reached 897. I've only got room for a few more ponies so I'll be trying to only get ponies I really want.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal