collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay seller re listed item :(  (Read 863 times)

SDstang

• Trade Count: (0)
ebay seller re listed item :(
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:31:36 AM »
Hi, so I bought some shoes on ebay for a great price.  I haven't been able to pay because the seller didn't put in a shipping option and is to give me a shipping price.  I requested the shipping total a day after the action was over and haven't heard from her since.  I then looked at her things for sale and see my item re listed for $5 more then what I paid for!   the thing is I can't resolve a problem because I haven't paid for the item, and I am not sure how to report this.  I want to do the right thing because this is very upsetting and I know if she does this to me she will do this again!

please any help will be greatly appreciated!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: ebay seller re listed item :(
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »
That indeed seems very strange?? And she never opened a NPB case, just relisted?? I am curious though how many days elapsed between the original transaction date and the time she relisted?

Unfortunately the only option you really have is to report her as a non performing seller.  I am providing the link below. And that is if she has broken any of the rules listed.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/report-trading.html
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »
  If they do not ship to the USA and you bid anyway, that could be the issue.  If its not international then perhaps the shipping was free?  Just pay the total then you have paid for your item.  Its not your fault if they didn't put in shipping.  If its international though, you need to find out if they even ship to your country.  Just because shipping information is not there, doesn't mean you can't pay for your item. If you requested an invoice for multiple items and they are not willing to combine the shipping there isn't much you can do but just pay and avoid that seller in the future.  Since I don't really know about all the facts in your case, I have just put some basic information here.

Post Merge: April 07, 2013, 04:06:37 PM

Oh I wanted to add that I would contact ebay by phone.  Do not pay if the item has been relisted.  A lot really does depend on facts we do not know in your original post.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:06:37 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SDstang

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 05:22:17 PM »
thank you guys!  she is in the US and ships in the US, and paypal wouldn't let me pay because there was no shipping method put in by the seller.  I sent a payment request the day after I purchased, since I always make my payment within 24 hours.  I only purchased the shoes on the 4th and I am pretty sure she is just upset that she didn't get a higher price, as she relisted yesterday.

should I try and contact her once more? I don't want to cause a problem if there is something I am missing.

edit: I did send her another message asking for what's going on and that I will report her since she is going against eBay policy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:35:27 PM by SDstang »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 07:36:11 PM »
Hmmmm, I think before I would contact her about violating an ebay policy, I would certainly discuss this situation with ebay.  They usually will not tell you how they choose to handle a case.  I feel its in your best interest to contact them by phone immediately so she doesn't try to pull a non paying bidder on you.  While you have proof the item has been relisted...I would call ebay.  This idea you have about getting a higher amount for the item sure sounds plausible.  At this point as Ponylady said this is all you can do.  I didn't realize a seller could list without shipping information.  How is that possible? Its always been part of my listings and I have never seen a way around it.  I guess there is a way, but its very unusual.  I don't think I have ever encountered a seller without shipping information.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:43:09 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 03:27:38 AM »
How annoying! :(  Did they respond to your latest message?  if they still ignore you then definitely report them to ebay - talking on the phone to someone on ebay is usually the best option. It does sound suspiciously as though she wanted more money for those shoes ... :throw:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »
I would be very upset if I found something that I really wanted and the seller did that to me. I hope you can get it all figured out!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »
I am really surprised that ebay let her go through with the listing with no shipping info???  They usually flag that up before you post your listing. I actually just tried it and it would not let me proceed without specifying a shipping rate?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SDstang

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »
ya I don't know how they let her list without a shipping method.  she has not contacted me and I am going to call eBay. basically I want to cancel my order without hurting my feedback since I have done nothing wrong. 

thank you for all the advice guys! I will let you know once I have it taken care of.

edit: so I contacted eBay and they said I need to request the cancelation from the seller, so I sent her another message asking her to cancel the order.  the lady on the phone did give me a reference number just in case the seller decides to open a claim on me, that way I can prove I have done nothing wrong.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:24:27 PM by SDstang »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »
I hope it all goes well for you, and I'm glad you've covered yourself just in case.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 05:23:57 PM »
Glad you were able to get an answer from Ebay!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shavaun88

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »
Hello, I haven't been on this site very long to really know how to use it!
My name is mikaela and I'm a tea bunny collector! I have just recently finished my collection! Finally got my petunia petal! Paid a little more for her cause she's so rare!
I saw on an old post you have a petunia petal! Has everything but her hat?
Right now on eBay there is an auction that has two bunnies plus an extra hat. The hat belongs to petunia petal!
Anyway I know how rare she is and thought you'd like to know!

Also I was wanting to know your name? I'm mostly on Facebook and if you are too, it might be an easier way to get ahold if you.
My name is mikaela Duncan! Hope to hear from you soon!
:happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal