collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93815 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #705 on: June 18, 2023, 05:37:22 AM »
I'm sad today. It's Father's Day and my dad isn't here. He was always so hard to buy for, sometimes I dreaded this day or his birthday and Christmas. Now I wish I could have a hard time trying to think of something, just so he'd still be here.

On top of that, I had a horrible nightmare that made me cry, about both my dad and sister.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 18, 2023, 05:39:52 AM »
I'm sad today. It's Father's Day and my dad isn't here. He was always so hard to buy for, sometimes I dreaded this day or his birthday and Christmas. Now I wish I could have a hard time trying to think of something, just so he'd still be here.

On top of that, I had a horrible nightmare that made me cry, about both my dad and sister.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #707 on: June 18, 2023, 05:51:19 AM »

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 18, 2023, 07:06:04 AM »

*pony hugs*  My dad's birthday was Father's Day.  He has been at peace for 12 years now. 

Cherish some happy memories!  <3
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 18, 2023, 07:12:40 AM »

BC   :hug:  :hug:

One of my personality flaws is I sometimes tend to become worked up over things that in the end I didn't need to be so worried about.  I've always been a worrier and now that I have a major medical procedure coming up it's gotten worse.  Just because trying to renew my membership at the bookstore didn't work out like I thought it would, I've been obsessing over it a bit, worrying if it will renew by itself like the email said it would or if the credit card won't let the charge go through etc... 

My mom says that means I'm not worried about the medical procedure, but I think it seems like such a big deal to me because of it.  I was trying to get it taken care of early so I wouldn't have to deal with it right after my medical procedure.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 07:47:27 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #710 on: June 18, 2023, 08:44:00 AM »
@Ponyfan. :hug:

i relate to that a lot. for me it's less worrying about something that seems trivial and more if i have a lot going on at work or there's family drama i'll get obsessive about organizing the pantry or the garage. i think for me it's more about having control over something when other stuff is out of my control. i can't control much about my job or family stuff but i can organize the house. i can't just sit and worry about something i have no control over. i'll just shut down.

today my complaint is that it took multiple tries to order some books. i'm really trying to move away from buying stuff on amazon it's hard when other sites just don't work. i did finally get an order to go through though so i have a lot of books on the way :) now that i have reading glasses maybe my eyes won't get as tired.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #711 on: June 18, 2023, 09:50:13 AM »
:hug: to all who find today difficult, also :hug: to ponyfan, it's natural to try and offset stress for a big thing onto little things. I'm sure it will work out fine and good luck with the procedure.

I'm annoyed with my tooth.

I had the new inlay put into it ten days ago. It came out today. This is meant to be stronger than a filling, but...my teeth have form. And so now I have to try and go see my dentist again next week. I am not even sure if she is in tomorrow. Fortunately I have the thing itself and it's intact, so I hope she'll just be able to stick it back in.

But I don't really have cash lying about to pay for something else. Even given it's an NHS dentist.

...Also, it's just started THROWING it down with rain outside.

I suspect storms will be next.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 18, 2023, 11:01:23 AM »

:hug: :heart: :hug:

---
The flu continues and the pain is still on the right side, below the chest. :unsure: The cough may have calmed down a bit. My spouse keeps telling me to call the doctor, but I don't want to go yet.  :poke: (I'm really stubborn and only go to the doctor when absolutely necessary.)  :biggrin:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #713 on: June 18, 2023, 09:39:04 PM »
Oh, BC. The first year is always tough with a lot of first things happening without them. The birthdays are rough tho, and keep being tough no matter how long it has been. :hug:

I suffered from heat exhaustion yesterday. It was a hot day and because I had water with me I took a long walk home from town instead of the airconditioned bus during the peak of the heat and it was a stupid idea. After a lot of water, eating a whole bag of salty potatoechips and laying for five hours with an ice bag on my head I started to feel better. But that headache though.. it was rough. And I started to freeze in the midst of it, and suddenly I was under two blankets!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #714 on: June 18, 2023, 11:59:04 PM »
Thanks everyone. I feel better after looking at some pictures and remembering the good times. Like the year I made him a treasure hunt style interactive card. He loved it :)

:hug:

Beldarna, oh no! I'm glad you are feeling better.

HoM, go to the doctor! You have had back to back flu! You don't want to get bronchitis.

My complaint at the moment is very trivial. Steam is down and I can't log in. I checked Down for Everyone and it's been going on for about 40 minutes. It looks like they usually fix things in about an hour though, so I'm hopeful.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 19, 2023, 03:16:30 PM »
Thank you everyone. I can't really put in to words how much it means to me to have a space like this.  :hug: I know my mom tries, but sometimes she gets annoyed at me for getting obsessed over things. 

I've been thinking about starting a WYP thread about my medical procedure and health in general,  but every time I've tried I end up not posting it.

Taffeta, I hope you were able to get your tooth fixed today.

Beldarna, I'm glad you're feeling better.

HoM, I'm sorry you're sick again.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 07:24:05 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 19, 2023, 07:29:59 PM »
I slept funny last night and I've had issues moving my shoulder all day.  I can only hope that a hot shower will help but if I sleep funny again I don't look forward to how much my shoulder will hurt tomorrow.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 20, 2023, 06:47:06 AM »
I hope your shoulder feels better soon, Pokeyonekenobie.

My mom and I still aren't getting along.  She got super annoyed at me about talking about the bookstore membership all the time and says that we can't talk about it anymore.  I realize that I was annoying her, but she doesn't seem to understand that talking about stuff a lot is sometimes how I process things and telling me that I can't hurts my feelings.  I tried to explain it to her, but it always in up in an argument and a "what I say goes" attitude from her.  :cry:

The bookstore was one of my happy places and now I don't even want to go anymore. :(  I know I will go back eventually, I'm just overemotional right now.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 10:37:46 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 20, 2023, 10:35:00 AM »
*big :hug: :hug: :hug: to everyone*

Ponyfan - I totally get where you're coming from. IDK why things have to screw up when you're already worried about stuff... I get why your Mum might be annoyed with the topic and that's fair enough, I suppose, but there's better ways of saying things, you know? Like... idk what your medical procedure is but she does, and I know you always explain your feelings well (ironically idk if I worded that in a way that made sense ^^' Hopefully you get what I mean), so she must know what you're going through right now?? Gah. I ramble too much about stuff sometimes but it's just to clear my head out, I think it's better than letting your brain get all clogged up with worries and such.

Well, you can always talk to us guys about it, anyway :) :hug: I hope everything works out for you soon.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #719 on: June 20, 2023, 10:55:26 AM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan :hug:

I agree with the above. I don't like how your parents seem to push you around or ignore your feelings. You don't seem to have a lot of independence either. Just from the things you've talked about, it seems kind of toxic :huh: I hope you don't take that the wrong way. My parents were toxic too, stuck in old fashioned ways. I was a child that was "seen and not heard". So I know how it can be when you aren't acknowledged and shut down.

I know I've said this before, but I really think you would benefit from medicine and therapy. Or at least therapy. You can find therapists online now so you don't even have to leave the house.

Of course, like Carrehz said, you can always vent here and talk to us :hug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal