collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you voting?

I'm voting on Election Day
36 (32.7%)
Cast an early / absentee ballot
32 (29.1%)
I'm eligible to vote but I won't be voting
7 (6.4%)
I live in the USA but I'm not eligible to vote
3 (2.7%)
I'm not eligible and don't live in the USA but I wanted to click something
32 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: US Presidental Election - Did you vote?  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Re: US Presidental Election - Did you vote?
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 06:19:34 AM »
Texas sickens me....I'm not surprised though.  :pout:

We're not all Trump supporters.  Myself and most of my friends who live here are disgusted and afraid right now.
I know we're all not, i'm sure as flaming heck not! But Texas is a Republican state, so it doesn't surprise me that the state went for Trump.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 06:22:18 AM »
I, um... Feel bad for you. Honestly, I was sort of secretly rooting for Trump, because I'm afraid Putin would have gone to war against Clinton, and Russia is scary close to Norway  :yikes:
But listen, I've got a nice pair of spare bedrooms... You're all welcome to come live with me once Trump starts a war.

Considering Trump wants to stop paying the fees to UN and dislikes Nato and talked about leaving, chance is he wont do a thing if Putin decides to invade Finland and the Baltic countries. Hillary was the safe haven, not Trump.
Don't forget arming Japan with nukes. Here comes WW3, it's just a matter of if it starts in East Europe or East Asia at this point.

I was less than a year too young to vote. I feel so helpless.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 06:25:53 AM »
I, um... Feel bad for you. Honestly, I was sort of secretly rooting for Trump, because I'm afraid Putin would have gone to war against Clinton, and Russia is scary close to Norway  :yikes:
But listen, I've got a nice pair of spare bedrooms... You're all welcome to come live with me once Trump starts a war.

Considering Trump wants to stop paying the fees to UN and dislikes Nato and talked about leaving, chance is he wont do a thing if Putin decides to invade Finland and the Baltic countries. Hillary was the safe haven, not Trump.
Don't forget arming Japan with nukes. Here comes WW3, it's just a matter of if it starts in East Europe or East Asia at this point.

I was less than a year too young to vote. I feel so helpless.

Living in Texas, you would still feel so even if you had voted. Just like I, living in Oklahoma, feel incredibly helpless even though I did vote.

The entire state voted Republican again. My Bible Belt state has revealed to me that they have no values.

|My Collection|

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 06:26:20 AM »
I work in healthcare and see the disaster Obamacare is on a daily basis. I have to do precerts. My patients are again dropping ins because of cost but now having a fine!! My ins is insane!! I work and it's nuts! My deductible is five grand. I pay something like 200/check to. And prices go up this year. Just got the pack but haven't looked.

So yeah. People that get completely free ins may have seen some improvement. Those that pay for it were screwed. Those are the people that came out and voted. We are not women hating racists. I work with this stuff every day. I used to volunteer for the Democratic Party for gods sake!! They made a joke of themselves this year!!

And talk about being a bully!! The way the dnc ran their campaign was disgusting. All they did was act like it was a big click of celebrity and if you vote for him you are a women hating bigot. What?! Give me a break. That backfired on them. I see the failure at work everyday. I don't care what Beyoncé tells me to do. Sorry but I care about my patients and what is killing them and services they can not get and this year many are not going to have ins again. It's a disgusting system. And don't even get me started on all different kinds of assistance fraud that "doesn't exist".

Obama care is the biggest joke the US has ever had to deal with. Most people in my area can't even afford insurance myself included. And those that can probably won't be able to after the raise in the premiums. My area relies heavily on coal and Mr. Obama felt the need to destroy the coal industry Because to him coal is a dirty resource. It seems that most people wanna take their country back. They are sick of seeing it be run into the ground day in and day out. And I'm gonna stop there.

I also wanna say that not all people that voted for Trump are bigots, masochists and racist.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016, 06:27:53 AM »
I work in healthcare and see the disaster Obamacare is on a daily basis. I have to do precerts. My patients are again dropping ins because of cost but now having a fine!! My ins is insane!! I work and it's nuts! My deductible is five grand. I pay something like 200/check to. And prices go up this year. Just got the pack but haven't looked.

So yeah. People that get completely free ins may have seen some improvement. Those that pay for it were screwed. Those are the people that came out and voted. We are not women hating racists. I work with this stuff every day. I used to volunteer for the Democratic Party for gods sake!! They made a joke of themselves this year!!

And talk about being a bully!! The way the dnc ran their campaign was disgusting. All they did was act like it was a big click of celebrity and if you vote for him you are a women hating bigot. What?! Give me a break. That backfired on them. I see the failure at work everyday. I don't care what Beyoncé tells me to do. Sorry but I care about my patients and what is killing them and services they can not get and this year many are not going to have ins again. It's a disgusting system. And don't even get me started on all different kinds of assistance fraud that "doesn't exist".

Obama care is the biggest joke the US has ever had to deal with. Most people in my area can't even afford insurance myself included. And those that can probably won't be able to after the raise in the premiums. My area relies heavily on coal and Mr. Obama felt the need to destroy the coal industry Because to him coal is a dirty resource. It seems that most people wanna take their country back. They are sick of seeing it be run into the ground day in and day out. And I'm gonna stop there.

I also wanna say that not all people that voted for Trump are bigots, masochists and racist.

Beautifully stated!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2016, 06:29:51 AM »
Please remember this is OT. The land of rainbows and cotton candy. I know this is a topic with a lot of emotion and it's hard for everyone to stay positive. However, if you can't, please go to the WYP thread and keep OT happy. Thank you.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2016, 06:35:07 AM »
Oh I love the sound of that the land of cotton candy and rainbows.  Perhaps we should all just grab some ponies and head there together for a fun day of full of pony goodness.  It is just the kind of thing we all need. 

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2016, 06:58:44 AM »
Twilight sparkle for president in this land of rainbow and cotton candy!
:happy:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2016, 08:00:43 AM »
please. we have no presidents in the land of rainbows and cotton candy. we don't need them. everyone is happy and gets along all the time.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2016, 08:37:31 AM »
Wow. Hillary won the popular vote.

It's 2000 all over again... Al Gore, the President that should've been, but never was. :cry:

Can we please do away with the Electoral College? It's a horrible system.
Instagram / Want List

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2016, 09:30:33 AM »
oh sorry kaoskat for my part I didn't even realize this thread was in OT...

Everyone happy and gets along all the time in the land of rainbows and cotton candy?...sounds like a G3 paradise!

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to [the land of rainbows and cotton candy] like the sesame street song.  As a kid I always wondered why no one would answer that question for us and now I really really need to know!

As to the substantive issue....the only thing I can think of that explains what happened is that a lot of people must have fallen into that terribly unfair gap in Obamacare. 

Rainbowrific Renia, the electoral college is never going away and is doing exactly what is it intended to do but I can't really elaborate on it without further violating the rules of off topic....there is absolutely no electoral college in the land of rainbows and cotton candy.  Hey I want some cotton candy!

***watches hopes for the universal basic pony allowance fade...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:36:27 AM by lostpony »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2016, 09:50:08 AM »
Did all the votes get tallied up?  I know Hillary was leading but it was soo close that it could shift either way.

Regardless of what happens unity should hopefully be the main goal right now <3

couldn't help but notice that Hillary was wearing purple today--red AND blue ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2016, 09:55:16 AM »
Did all the votes get tallied up?  I know Hillary was leading but it was soo close that it could shift either way.

Regardless of what happens unity should hopefully be the main goal right now <3

couldn't help but notice that Hillary was wearing purple today--red AND blue ^^

It ended about 1-2AM EST, Trump won.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2016, 09:55:30 AM »
Things get odd now.  Technically, Trump hasn't won MI, PA, and WI.  They are votes that will take longer to process because they're provisional or absentee.  It could take days for them to process.  It's possible those states could even flip.  At which point we'll be in complete chaos as suddenly it's President Elect Clinton.

Also, in those states, Jill Stein's votes would have tipped MI and WI to Clinton if they were votes for her.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal