collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 32569 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 12:22:20 PM »
Omg icecreamgirl those are ADORABLE!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 01:14:38 PM »
I am so excited for this swap!  I haven't done a swap for a few years and I miss them.  You guys always send such lovely things and put such thought into the packages!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »
Icecreamgirl those are so cool!! Please take some pics of their offerings while you're there! I'd love to see!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »
Yay Im approved!!
I think I have been doing this swap since it started lol
So onto the questions

1. What colours do you prefer:
I'm getting a new tree this year so any colours really although I don't like red/gold :)
2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:
No to religious ornaments :)
3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?
I really like novelty and unusual decorations I will take a picture of some of my favorite ones and post it here so you get a better idea lol
4. What candy do you like or dislike?
Love all candy and im willing to try anything once (no bugs though lol)
5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
I would prefer one or maybe two but not lots of cheaper ones as my tree is already pretty full:)
6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?
Yes sure! x
7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.
I'm a massive vampire fan Buffy/True blood/twilight. I also love Harry Potter,Disney Alice in wonderland and The little mermaid.
I don't think there is much Vampire related Christmas items >_< but if you find anything that would be super cool same goes for all my likes/collections xx
8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
Nope not that I know of.

Questions from the group:

Favorite Licensed Characters?

Favorite Animals?
Orca,Wolves,Bats,owls
Handmade Items?
as extras yes sure :biggrin: as a the main item no sorry :blush: nearly all handmade decs we have are made by by children xx
Do you have Pets?
I have a cat called Melmin :biggrin:
Allergies?
Nope.
Extras?
Anything really,candy,stickers,pens,blind bags/boxes,socks. items local to you like fridge magnet or postcard honestly anything goes :)
Anything for family members?
No I dont like to share lol
How do you celebrate the Holiday Season?
Traditional mainly:) we celebrate with family/present giving/food galore lol
Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area?
I would love to try some different flavored M&Ms we get peanut and chocolate here any kind of chocolate is always great I like Swedish fish:) I will try anything though so feel free to include whatever you like xx
Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?
As a typical English lady I LOVE tea lol I dont like fruit teas but I do like flavors such as spiced apple. I dont drink coffee but my partner does and he is always looking for new brands to try so some unusual coffee would also be mos welcome.
Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)
Are cookies the same everywhere? I love fruit and nut and chocolate chip lol xx
Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Bittys?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ )
Oh my these are cute,I love Rainbow bright ones,and the R2DS is adorable. I have never seen these before x
Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/
These are cute although not really my thing  ;)
Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? (What are these?: http://shop.hallmark.com/all-itty-bittys/?prefn1=ittyBittys&prefv1=Ornaments
So these are like the others in size but not teddies yes? either way I love them :) Ariel and Iron man are awesome! x
Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain?
Im more than happy with a plain box,if you want to decorate it than please do but its not something I expect.
Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?
Again Ill get you a pic(tomorrow when the sun is out) so you can see my favs xx
Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?i haven't bought an ornament in over 2 years, so if it's a more recent release, no i wouldn't have it.
Who are your favorite ponies?
Quackers,pinkie pie
What countries do you like treats from?
Where ever your from is good:)
Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of?
I have a cat but I wouldnt want a ornament of him x
How do you feel about Halloween candy?
Sure candy is candy lol
Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?
Full size x
Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?
Yes sure I trust your judgement.
Would you like to link to any social media so we can get a better idea what you are like/pics of pets, etc (you of course do not have to do this if you feel uncomfortable doing so).
no x
Advent calendars
These are cool:) I have not had one since I was a child lol,I just brought my girls one eac.Make up for the teenager and playdoh for the toddler.
Whats your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?
Elf is great fun
Die hard (that a Christmas movie yes?)
Jack frost
nightmare before christmas
if you can incorporate these than sure go for it:)
i got something, but the more i look at the auction pictures the more i think... oh crud this might be a knock off. do you still want it? or should i try to return it?
also how do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments?
My answer for both these questions is.... Partner I completely trust your judgment as long as it looks good than go for it!
There are always lovely holiday themed mugs around this time of year. Would you like something like that?
Yes I love mugs xx
Partner, are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?
every year I look at the custom made mr pointy(buffy stake) tree ornament on ebay but as it has to come from the us I never get round to ordering it lol
Partner, are any of the Disney store ornaments of interest to you this year?
I adore the villain shoes,Alice teapot and beast in the bath :)
What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid?
I dislike floral scents other than that I like most things,spiced apple,vanilla, chocolate,wood scents,cinnamon.
Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?
I love lush lol its always welcome here:)
What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?
nothing I can think off.
Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving?
any g4 pony would be welcome here lol xx
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:02:09 PM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »
Is there a way to request a partner from a different country, just because it would be cool to get things we don't see often?  Just wondering  :)

Post Merge: October 17, 2015, 04:02:57 PM

1. What colours do you prefer:
  I love pink, lime green, yellow and gold.  I also like rainbows, and really I am not picky about colors.  My tree is white, so I would prefer ornaments that aren't all white. 

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?: I am not religious at all.  However, I do celebrate Christmas in a strictly secular way.  I still like angels and stars, but things like crosses or Jesus aren't things I am interested in. 

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?
I enjoy snowflakes, mittens, cocoa mugs and similar cold weather themes. I love peace signs, rainbows, candy-themed items, fruit-themed items (especially citrus slices) palm trees, cats, glittery things.  One theme I forgot to add is that I love British and Irish themes.  I am a huge anglophile and am part Irish so anything related to either country would be awesome!

4. What candy do you like or dislike?  I enjoy chocolate: milk and white, not dark. I like peanut butter candies I also like fruity candy.  I would prefer candy that isn't really hard to bite into or really chewy and gummy since I have a sensitive jaw ( that sounds weird, I know).  So things like toffee or gummy candies are hard for me to eat. 

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? Something in between, I would probably prefer one or two quality ornaments that will last a few years at least. 

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?
As long as they are packaged well I would be happy to get them

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.  I collect MLP: G1, G3 and G4.  I would prefer G1 items, I am mostly interested in merchandise from that collection.  I also collect and love vintage Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite.  In terms of the new Hallmark Rainbow Brite merchandise I already have the RB ornamant.  I have the Twink plush and the Twink, RB, IQ and OJ itty bitty plushes.  But any other things would be awesome. I don't have any SSC ornaments and if there are vintage style ornaments or merchandise that would be great too. I do have the anniversary retro SSC from Target.    And yes, I would love these things reflected in ornaments and extras.   
8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? I am in the US, apparently Kinder eggs are not allowed.  I am not sure of other restrictions

Favorite Licensed Characters? G1 MLP (favorites are Sherbet, Peppermint Crunch, Starflash, Up Up and Away, UK Loving Families), Vintage Strawberry Shortcake (not a fan of the newer versions), Rainbow Brite, Harry Potter

Favorite Animals? cats

Handmade Items? Sure

Do you have Pets?  no

Allergies?  no

Extras? I love stickers, they are one of my favorite things.  I also love magnets. Figurines, keychains are great too.  If all I get for extras are candy, stickers and/or magnets I would be pleased as punch. 

Anything for family members? No thank you, I live alone

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season? I spend time with my family at my parents house and at our cabin, eating lots of food, opening presents, and just relaxing and being together. 

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area?
I would love to get candy and treats from other countries.  I don't have any kind in particular that I want, but local favorites from my swap partner's area would be fun. 

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?

I don't drink tea and I don't often drink coffee, but I do drink hot cocoa once in a while.  I wouldn't mind getting some in a swap. 

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)

I am trying not to eat too many cookies (it doesn't always work)

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Bittys?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ )

The only itty bittys I don't yet have but would like are the Rainbow Brite: Indigo, Red Butler, Hammy Sprite, Romeo Sprite

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/

no thank you
Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? (What are these?: http://shop.hallmark.com/all-itty-bittys/?prefn1=ittyBittys&prefv1=Ornaments
 If they get any Rainbow Brite ornaments I would be interested

Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain? Decorated would be adorable

Yes.  I have many G3 MLP ornaments.  I also have the Rainbow Brite Hallmark ornament from last year as well as the Cotton Candy G1 retro ornament from last year's Hallmark collection. 

Sherbet, Peppermint Crunch, Up Up and Away, Starflash, UK Loving Families, all the Big Brothers and Mountain Boys, Tropical Ponies and Tropical Babies. 

I love Swiss chocolate, but I am excited to try treats from any country.  I would love to try new things. 

I think I would prefer Christmas candy

Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?  I have two mini trees.  I don't have room in my apartment for a full size tree. 

Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?  If it was related to the themes I mentioned,  that would be fine

Any ornaments out right now you want or plan to buy?
I am planning on waiting to buy ornaments until after the swap is finished. 

So I guess... lets say you live in America, and knowing that currently kinder surprises contain ponies, would you like your partner to risk sending them to you?  Or just no don't do that?
  Don't risk it. 

Favorite Christmas movie?  I don't have one favorite I like many.  Elf, Love Actually, The Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th Street, etc.  They don't need to be reflected in my swap package. 

Partner, are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?  I don't have any Harry Potter ornaments, and I would love one.  The Marauder's Map is one I would like, or anything Gryffindor or really anything. I would love anything British as well. 

Are you interested in any Disney ornaments? Not particularly that stand out

Partner- question.
i got something, but the more i look at the auction pictures the more i think... oh crud this might be a knock off. do you still want it? or should i try to return it?

also how do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments?
trying to get a good variety of stuff, but some of the ornaments i'm finding aren't as cute as the figures i can turn into an ornament. but if you wouldn't be happy with them. i obviously won't get them.

I think I would be ok with a figure being turned into an ornament as long as the figure stays intact.  As for the first question, I am not sure, I would trust my partner's judgement.

Holiday Mugs?  If it features one of my favorite characters or anything British, that would be great

What scents do you like? Anything to avoid?
I like musky fragrances like amber, also lemon

LUSH products
No thank you

Materials to avoid?
Not really

Any MLP items as extras?

I am only collecting G1 right now, so anything like that is fine

Dear secret partner, do you like traditional German glass ornaments like the ones pictured below? (If any of the sample ornaments appeal to you particularly you're welcome to tell me! ;))

I think those ornaments are pretty, and if they have ones associated with the likes I posted, that would be great.  in terms of hooks or ribbons, I don't have a preference. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:22:27 PM by BethyVic »
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »
Hi guys! Here are some more questions:

I can't get Laffy Taffy in my area and I have to go hunting in the city to find Airheads. I've also started having trouble finding Darkside Skittles.

Here is a link that shows a bunch of treats we can get in Canada that are harder to get in the US: http://ibackpackcanada.com/ultimate-canadian-candy-list/

I adore tea, especially fruit teas (blueberry, pomegranate, peach, etc.), white tea (which often has fruit when I buy it) and Chai. The only tea I don't really like that I've tried is camomile. My grandma use to love it but its not for me.

I also really love hot chocolate: plain, with marshmellows, or in more unique varieties. My favorite is hot chocolate with mint. For some reason that just works.

I ask because I think they compliment hot drinks well. I love cookies with chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, covered in chocolate, with cream in the center... (Are you getting a pattern here? :lol: ) I'm especially fond of Milanos (they're called Minacos up here, it turns out.) So far I've had the double chocolate ones.

I love Yoda with the Santa hat and Christmas Chewbacca. :heart: I'm also collecting the Inside Out ones. So far I have Disgust.

I find these really cute and they are great for holding tea, candy or washi tape. I'm particularly in love with the Rudolph and Gingerbread Man ones that are out for Christmas.

I like Ariel, Elsa, R2D2 and Batman. :heart: Those must've just been posted. So cute!

My boxes tend to wind up at the post office, so they can be sent either way without any risk of being stolen.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:38:49 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Princess Lala

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2015, 07:26:37 PM »
Funny ever since I joined this swap, we are all of a sudden getting our colder weather! Its supposed to be almost 2* C next week for the low!! Yup, it actualy snows every year here in Texas too! If its not melting the sidewalks its either flooding or inches of ice on the road.  "leeet the swaap goooo ooooon, the cold needs to get here a.s.a.p.!"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:29:54 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2015, 09:49:29 PM »
Funny ever since I joined this swap, we are all of a sudden getting our colder weather! Its supposed to be almost 2* C next week for the low!! Yup, it actualy snows every year here in Texas too! If its not melting the sidewalks its either flooding or inches of ice on the road.  "leeet the swaap goooo ooooon, the cold needs to get here a.s.a.p.!"
Lol, it's still summer here. Highs were in the 70s, which, admittedly, is pretty cool for my area.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 12:02:13 AM »
Yay, I'm in! I love how many questions there already are!

Those ornaments are so cute, icecreamgirl! I really hope my partner likes Disney too, as I'm headed to Disney World in November and I could always use and excuse to buy more at Disney's Days of Christmas.

Here are all my questions and answers!
1. What colours do you prefer: I'm open to any colors. I love the traditional Christmas pairings, like red and green, green/red and gold, blue and white, blue and silver, but my tree is full of ornaments of every color.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?: I am not personally religious, but I still appreciate the beauty and traditions of all the various religious elements of the holidays (I even put up a nativity scene despite no longer adhering to the belief system). I don't think I would like ornaments with scripture or other religious quotes on them, but I'm not apposed to a religious depiction if you find something lovely you want to share.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)? I love Santa (and his many forms)! I also love wintry scenes, poinsettias, and icicles, animals trying to keep warm, and characters from fiction enjoying the holidays. I also really like snowflakes, but since that was my wedding theme, I've been given quite a few snowflake ornaments in the last couple of years. 

4. What candy do you like or dislike? I like just about any candy, but I don't like mint and chocolate mixed (they are fine separate). I love all the flavors associated with Christmas!

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? I'm open to wherever your heart takes you.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? Sure! They can fragile, but equally lovely.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box? I collect G4. I also collect some Disney 1/6 scale dolls (especially Frozen dolls),  and I'm quite the fan of Disney. If you would like to add this to your inspiration to the box feel free!

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? Not that I know of (United States)

Questions from the group:

Favorite Licensed Characters?

Basically any Disney character (favorites include Mickey, Belle, Beast/Prince Adam, Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, Rapunzel from Tangled, Eeyore from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mulan and Shang from Mulan, Star Butterfly from Star Butterfly vs the Forces of Evil, Chip and Dale, Jack and Sandy Claws from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Elsa and Anna from Frozen, Joy or any character from Inside Out, 101 Dalmatians characters), any character from Harry Potter, Minty, Rarity, Luna and Twilight from MLP, Octonauts, Ice King from Adventure time, Game of Thrones Characters (favorite Daenerys), Harley Quin from Batman, Eeevee and eeveelutions from Pokemon, any classic Christmas character (especially from the stop animation classics)

Favorite Animals?
pigeons, deer, reindeer, forest animals, cats, birds, rats

Handmade Items?
Sure! I love the idea of something on my tree or in my home that's OOAK

Do you have Pets?
Together my roommates and I have 3 cats. Mine is named Kwazii

Allergies?
No

Extras?
Anything Christmas is amazing in my book!

Anything for family members?
I will likely share anything that's not chocolate (the chocolate is mine! :lol:), so if the mood strikes you, I'm sure anything you think of would be fine. One of my roommates and my sister's favorite pony is Applejack, and my other roommate and my husband's favorite is Pinkie Pie, if you find that information useful.

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season?
I love the decorating and gift giving most of all! I love working all day long over a couple of days to put up all my decorations, and I love thinking and planning out gifts for my loved ones. I also really enjoy watching all the classic TV shows and movies as well as listening to the music that comes on every year.

I love trying new things, especially if they are related to others' Christmas traditions. I'm not aware of something in particular however.

I love hot drinks, have a whole cabinet dedicated to tea and teacups! I love all kinds, and I even have a Keurig if there's a K-cup you like. Again I don't particularly like mint combined with chocolate, but otherwise I like all kinds of flavors especially traditional Christmas ones like peppermint, nutmeg, eggnog, gingerbread, cranberry, etc.

Again, I like just about anything!

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box?
Sure, they are really cute! I don't have any yet, but I like the Inside out ones, the Disney ones, and the little Joker (maybe one day they will have Harley!).

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box?
They are kind of neat, but they don't particularly grab my interest.

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one?
Sure! I like their kind of chibi look.

If you feel inspired to decorate the outside, feel free!

G4: Rarity, Luna, Twilight, Fluttershy
G3: Minty! and the other Winter Ponies
G1: Merry Treats, Baby Stocking, Windy

Eastern European Countries (and they have some of my favorite Christmas traditions and imagery) and Japan but anything that you can't find in America would be interesting

What is you favorite ornaments you possess?
This is super hard to answer. So many of my ornaments hold a special place in my heart. There are ones that are associated with a special memory that probably top my list; I have a silvery snowflake that was used as a part of my wedding veil, a clear glass ball that has pieces of my wedding invite I helped design curled up, and a snowy teardrop-shaped glass ornament you can place a light in that my grandmother let me pick form any ornament on her tree when I was little (I love ornament that you can put a tree light in). There are also ones that just are so fun, like my Nightmare Before Christmas, Frozen, and Rudolf ornaments that play a little song.

I have a lot of snowflake ornaments. I'm likely to buy any Beauty and the Beast ornaments I see. I have quite a few Nightmare Before Christmas, Disney and Rudolph ornaments, but they make so many of those it may be hard to accidentally send me a duplicate.

Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of? (If you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see.)
I used to have pet rats that would be cute as ornaments. I also have a pet cat and two roommate's cats that I love like my own. Feel free to pick any one/s that most inspire you.

Here are some pics:
Spoiler
Rats
Bisby one of my first rats in a pair. She was such a sweetie, and I actually have a tattoo of her.

Misa the second of my first pair of rats. An albino scaredy-cat with poor vision who lived to be so old!

Athena, a dumbo gray caped rat.

Nanako, a black caped and masked dumbo rat and sister to Athena. She was probably the best rat ever! Sweet, cuddly, currious, and clever. Nanako and Athena were in a "dalmatian" litter and both have a couple of small spots on them. She and her sister knew how to high-five.

At one point all the girls lived together in ratty bliss!

Naughty boy rats; this group of three weren't as affectionate with us and didn't bond well with us. We still loved them. We got them about a year after our last girl died.

Kamina (dark brown hooded with a white body) on top with Ratholomew (full tan/blond) on bottom

Ratholomew crushing his slightly lighter colored brother Simon (Simon was super shy and sweeter than his brothers, perhaps due to his poorer vision. He would be identical to Ratholomew but is just a shade or two lighter.)

Cats
Our cat Kwazii (Named for the cat on Octonauts), an orange tiger cat with green eyes and long legs. He loves to be petted anywhere for any length of time, but is always skittish when not higher up.

His butt is fat

And he always knocks the cats' stockings down!

Our roommate's cat Rybek, a dark gray tiger cat with browns, whites, and blacks mixed in. He has cute white socks. He is such a weirdo, always laying in weird positions and folding his arms weird, especially on the arm of the couch.

And Fuku, our other roommate's cat. She is super reclusive and tiny. We thought she was grey/brown maine coon when she was a kitten all those years ago, but she is our super tiny senior kitty. That step is just the size of an average foot.

I like Halloween Candy, but I think it might ruin the feel of the box to add it. However, the citizens from Halloweentown were able to take their Halloween aesthetics and make something beautiful for Christmas. If you can manage to make it looks like something from Nightmare before Christmas's "Making Christmas" scene, feel free.

Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?
I actually have both. Most go on the full sized tree, as my mini one I have been making themed from my wedding. (We had a Christmastime wedding.) My full-sized tree is super big, very realistic looking, and has light settings that can be white, colored, or twinkling back and forth between the too. I also have a spinning tree stand with a fairly high weight capacity. Let's just say I am really into the tree. :lol:

Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?
I love Etsy and supporting local artists is awesome. :)

Would you like to link to any social media so we can get a better idea what you are like/pics of pets, etc?
Here's my Pinterest page that I keep adding to: https://www.pinterest.com/aintnobuffalo/christmas-pinstration/  See the spoiler under the question about pets for pet pics.

What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?
This is a hard one for me! I love all the classics. Rudolph is one close to my heart as well as Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I love "Pluto's Christmas Tree", and I have a cute ornament from the scene where Chip puts out Dale who was lit while posing as a Santa candle. All the Chip and Dale shorts are so cute. As far as live action, I love Elf! If you find a way to incorporate this into your swap, feel free!

And some I forgot about that others' answers reminded me of; All the renditions of A Christmas Carol! Especially Disney's; one with Mickey characters, one with Jim Carrey, and one with the Muppet's (Oh, how I love the opening song "Scrooge"!!). I also love the first two Home Alones. And, The Grinch has been my favorite since early childhood where I would torment my parents by getting it from the library out of season. I watch all my favorites out of season.

Any ornaments out right now you want or plan to buy?

Here are ones I plan to buy:
From the Disney Store; Beast in the bathtub, clear Inside Out orb, tanning Olaf, probably Pascal in a dress (Per your request, I won't buy any more Disney store ornaments!) (Already bought:) 2015 Mickey Mouse Ornament (and the singing Elsa ornament is the same as last year, which I have)
From Hallmark (Already bought); Heat Miser (to go with my Snow Miser from last year!), Cozy Coupe, Vintage Holiday Bubble Lights Ornament, Oogie Boogie, "Jack's Lament" singing ornament, Eeyore "Weeds are flowers too", and I may end up buying Daryl Dixon since I started to get into Walking Dead (I'm on season 3)

I would like just about any ornament out right now! I love ALL the Disney Store ones, but the princesses in fabric dresses don't call out to me.

Lets say you live in America, and knowing that currently kinder surprises contain ponies, would you like your partner to risk sending them to you?  Or just no don't do that?
Use your best judgement. I have always wanted to try a kinder egg, but don't take the risk if you feel any kind of uncertainty about it.

Advent Calendars?
Sure, I would love an Advent calendar! If it arrives after the first, bonus day on arrival where I would get to open up the old dates! I love things like that are traditions in other cultures.

Thoughts about a potential knock off?
Unless you feel the quality is awful, feel free to include it. :)

How do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments?
Every year I am so temped to turn many of my figures into ornaments! Feel free to do so!

Holiday Mugs?
I really like mugs, but I probably have too many. If you find something amazing, I could always make room. :lol:

Partner, are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?

Great question! To be honest, I feel this way about so many ornaments I see in person. I have always kind of wanted a TARDIS; I loved Doctor Who for a while, but have fallen away from the show with the latest season.

Partner, are any of the Disney store ornaments of interest to you this year?
I love ALL of them! I already have the Mickey and Minnie 2015 and the Elsa singing ornament is the same as last year, which I have.

What scents do you like? Anything to avoid?
I love all the Christmas scents! Gingerbread, pine or other woodsy scents, pumpkin, cranberry, apples, cinnamon, orange, cloves, nutmeg, or anything sugary/spicy! Mint and peppermint are also fun scents, but not my favorite.

LUSH products?
I'm not familiar with this brand, but it sounds interesting, so feel free. Love all the Christmas themes! My bathtub isn't currently great for baths (just showers), but it should be fixed up with a new lining before too long.

Any materials you dislike?
I can't think of any!

Any MLP items as extras?
I mostly collect G4, so you may be able to find quite a few options for this right now. Feel free to include anything you find interesting. My want list in my sig might help guide you to my interests, but keep in mind, I'm in the $15 swap and could potentially get items from this list. I also customize frequently, so feel free to include baits as a cheap extra, if you like.

Dear secret partner, do you like traditional German glass ornaments like the ones pictured below? (If any of the sample ornaments appeal to you particularly you're welcome to tell me! ;))

I love German glass ornaments, and tend to go to the Chicago Christkindlmarket almost every year! I like all the ones pictured, but my favorite is the Owl and Hummingbird.

I'm not very picky, and I love everything about Christmas, so I'm sure just about any box created with a Christmas mindset will delight me!

Here's some interesting links:
Answers for Sock Swap: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,373828.msg1473760.html#msg1473760
Answers for Custom Swap: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,373791.msg1472073.html#msg1472073
Answers for Card Swap: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,374130.msg1473777.html#msg1473777
Pinterest Christmas Inspiration Page: https://www.pinterest.com/aintnobuffalo/christmas-pinstration/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:56:27 PM by aintnobuffalo »
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2015, 02:39:28 AM »
Icecreamgirl those are so cool!! Please take some pics of their offerings while you're there! I'd love to see!

Sure will, their Christmas displays are beautiful!  :biggrin:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2015, 05:07:53 AM »
Added all the new questions to the first page.  You guys are super keen this year.  If we go a few days without any new sign ups I may start early.  There are a few people who have done the swap every year that haven't signed up this year.  I wonder if those people are still around and have seen it posted?

Is there a way to request a partner from a different country, just because it would be cool to get things we don't see often?  Just wondering  :)

I will do my best.  I try and take things into account like whether you are willing to ship internationally or not (you are so that's fine), but also what kinds of things you like.  I try to match partners a little by their likes because I personally find it more fun and easy to shop for people who like the same things as me.  But I also try and match people who might have better access to buying the kinds of things their partner might like.  So, for example, this year as I'm in Germany I'll probably give myself someone who likes more traditional ornaments because they have awesome Christmas Markets here that sell fantastic traditional ornaments.  I definitely wont give myself a partner who only likes Disney Ornaments because I don't have easy access to that kind of thing.  If someone said they really like say, Doctor Who, I'd try and give them a partner who also liked Doctor Who or who lives in the UK, because they'd be able to get Doctor Who things more easily. 

Does that make sense?

Anyway, I won't make any promises, but if I can I will give you an international partner.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 05:23:15 AM »
Yes, thats it, Germany does not get these fancy character ornament... ive never seen any like these in stores here. :/
(But I saw funny ones like flying cows with christmas hats and dancing christmas ballerina frogs and such, lol)

Princess Lala

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2015, 05:49:34 AM »
Lol, it's still summer here. Highs were in the 70s, which, admittedly, is pretty cool for my area.

Ha-ha! I'm so dumb, I thought you meant 70* in Celcius for a second! xD I serioisly forget all the time US has farenheight! I was one of those weird kids at school that liked to use Celcius because my family uses it LOL. It's been around in the 70's F here but its dropping down to the sixies and fifties with lows in the med thirties!!! Texas weather is random and could change by then LOL. But last night it got to be 48* F which was shown on my phone as 8* C I was like whaaaat!? I usually don't see that until closer to December! I stepped outside to check and aaaaaaaah! ^___^

Oooooooooooo someone said something about other countries!? Neeeeew Question! How about listing some of our favorite countries!? Because some of us might have international food markets with awesome goodies that would make amazing gifts! I have a candy store that sells literally most candies you can think of across the world! We seriously so many shops here in DFW omg from Japanese to Norwegian to Indian to Australian! I will be sure to try my best to get foreign yummies as extras for my partner! 100% can hook partner up with Norwegian candy, Japanese Meiji chocolates, and Yowie +Tim Tams if interested!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:31:29 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2015, 06:29:20 AM »
What ornaments do you already have?

Most of my family's ornaments are things we've had for decades. Lots of shiny colored balls, traditional Christmas stuff, bows, handmade crafts my brothers and I did as children, etc. I thought it would be fun to add a few more themed ornaments now that we are older. If my ornaments try to take over my mom's tree down the road I'll get a mini tree for my room, but for now all the ornaments are going to play nice and she thought the swap sounded fun, too.

I'm from a tiny little town that doesn't have shops that cater to international treats (that I know of) so I really don't have a lot of experience with this. I received Tim Tams from Saja in the Little Swap and those were lovely. I also got some lovely UK Cadbury treats from Icecreamgirl over the summer and of those I believe my favorite was Wispa. I'm totally game to try new things I haven't had before where candy and chocolate are involved. :) Getting new to me goodies is something I look forward to in swaps.

New Question:

Who are your favorite ponies? (This could be helpful for crafty ornament makers, people who decide to handmake their greeting card, etc.)

G1: Princess Serena / Cherry Sweet (yes, Serena has competition. :lol: ) G2: Copper Glow, G3: Twilight Twinkle, G4: Rarity Honorable Mentions: G1: Gusty, Pretty Beat G2: Princess Silver Swirl, G3: Desert Blossom, Secret Wish, G4: Fluttershy, Dewdrop Dazzle.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:34:51 AM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2015, 07:57:31 AM »
Updated my answers in my original post :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal