collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag ponies?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Blind Bag ponies?
« on: January 23, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »
I've a friend who wants me to customize a couple blind bag g4's. Being the glutton for punishment that I am I can't just leave well enough alone and settle for a repaint. So here is the question. How would I go about removing parts such as mains and tails so I can resculpt?

Thanks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Blind Bag ponies?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »
well I'm not sure -how- you would remove them, however it is possible to maybe remove the head...

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,284670.0.html <--- what happens when they don't put enough glue where it needs to be... but you can at least see how the head is here XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »
If you can pop off the head it's easier.  Otherwise you will need either a dremel with a saw bit, or a small pair of wire cutters.  When you cut the tail out it makes the legs uneven so expect to have to sculpt and smooth them out.  As to the head depending on which style when you cut the hair out sometime you lose an ear.  Make sure to fill in the peg hold where the hair inserts to the side of the pony.  All and all it's an annoying process with much cutting, comparing, and sanding. If you want you can check out some of my DA for the ones I have done. :)
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »
x-acto knife. Boil the pony to make it soft, then slice away.

Offline ElectricLamb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:46:49 AM »
I just use an x-acto with a nice sharp blade (new blades are cheap!) and saw away.  I recommend keeping a thimble on the index finger or thumb of the hand holding the pony; the BB ponys are so small that it's almost impossible to keep from having a finger behind where you're cutting, so I've found it best to protect my bracing digits.  On a related side note: the first time I cut the hair off a BB pony, I found out that my wife had purchased MLP-themed band-aids.  :|

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 06:25:53 AM »
I will finish some more commissions and then I plan a session of blind bags. Thanks for the hints. I'm sure they will come in handy...

Besides, my friend tried to get the colors off the easy way and soaked them in Acetone. It ate the plastic away, so you better be careful with them. Unless you like round blob ponies without snouts and ears. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:57:53 AM »
I just use an x-acto with a nice sharp blade (new blades are cheap!) and saw away.  I recommend keeping a thimble on the index finger or thumb of the hand holding the pony; the BB ponys are so small that it's almost impossible to keep from having a finger behind where you're cutting, so I've found it best to protect my bracing digits.  On a related side note: the first time I cut the hair off a BB pony, I found out that my wife had purchased MLP-themed band-aids.  :|

Lol mine are camouflage and Elmo.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:02:27 AM »

Lol mine are camouflage and Elmo.

Mine are Angry Birds band aids.  Lol. 

Customizing Supplies: X-acto knife, acetone, cotton swaps, cool band aids.  Check. LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal