collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!)  (Read 43921 times)

Alzatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!!!)
« Reply #600 on: November 03, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »
Potential $27 for Sunbutt really makes no difference for me. I think the ponies are even a couple bucks more expensive here than on the mainland. Sunbutt + outfit probably equals to about $40 for me.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 08, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »
I spoke to the manager of the Build A Bear in Oxford today and he told me that the arrival date of Celestia for the UK is the 12th of December.

I got my girl reindeer Cupid today :D gonna try and overlook the tinsel because her colouring and lil white socks are so much cuter than the "boy" one  :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 26, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »
I went out yesterday to have a look at Celestia in person (she's gorgeous, and the tinsel is thin and flexible, it doesn't make her mane frizzy or scratchy) and ended up having a very informative chat with a person working there. I told her that I'm collecting the ponies, she told me about the upcoming releases and showed me a book she had behind the desk that had photos and approximately when to expect them. Princess Luna, Princess Cadence and Shining Armor are on their way! :cheer:

The book said for release potentially around March 2015. Luna is a dark navy blue and comes with a cape similar to Celestia's except instead of swirls it has circular moon shapes, and is darker purple and magenta coloured. Cadence I didn't look too closely at, but she looked pale pink with pink wings, and her dress was goldy coloured, possibly her wedding gown. Shining Armor comes with his red guard's coat, which is what I was more focused on. A boy pony, in merch form, with appropriate accessories! :inlove: I couldn't see much of his hair from the angle of the photo so I'm unsure if he's got a mohawk or not. I'm so glad they're doing the whole royal family, a complete collection of them is going to look AWESOME! I asked her if I could take a photo of the book page but she said no. The photos looked similar to the first images we saw of Applejack/Apple Bloom/Trixie/Zecora, where they were stood on a kind of conference table. Now I wish time would move faster, March seems forever away :P

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 26, 2014, 02:53:11 PM »
I went out yesterday to have a look at Celestia in person (she's gorgeous, and the tinsel is thin and flexible, it doesn't make her mane frizzy or scratchy) and ended up having a very informative chat with a person working there. I told her that I'm collecting the ponies, she told me about the upcoming releases and showed me a book she had behind the desk that had photos and approximately when to expect them. Princess Luna, Princess Cadence and Shining Armor are on their way! :cheer:

The book said for release potentially around March 2015. Luna is a dark navy blue and comes with a cape similar to Celestia's except instead of swirls it has circular moon shapes, and is darker purple and magenta coloured. Cadence I didn't look too closely at, but she looked pale pink with pink wings, and her dress was goldy coloured, possibly her wedding gown. Shining Armor comes with his red guard's coat, which is what I was more focused on. A boy pony, in merch form, with appropriate accessories! :inlove: I couldn't see much of his hair from the angle of the photo so I'm unsure if he's got a mohawk or not. I'm so glad they're doing the whole royal family, a complete collection of them is going to look AWESOME! I asked her if I could take a photo of the book page but she said no. The photos looked similar to the first images we saw of Applejack/Apple Bloom/Trixie/Zecora, where they were stood on a kind of conference table. Now I wish time would move faster, March seems forever away :P

That sounds amazing. :O

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 26, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
Celestia has...tinsel? Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. I will be glad when they get sick of using that awful crap, glad to hear it's not as irritating as some forms of it.

Celestia's release has been moved to this Friday, but I think I'm due another £5 off so I'll wait (and I'm busy anyway). I don't really understand why they changed the release again. Black Friday isn't really a thing here and Celestia isn't included in their Black Friday offer so it just seems a tad unfair on the employees that they have to deal with the Black Friday stuff AND Celestia's release on the same day.

ALL MY EXCITE FOR LUNA AND CADENCE, THOUGH. Except, now I have to find SPACE for them D:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #605 on: November 26, 2014, 03:49:54 PM »
OMG!!!! :frolic: :green: Shining Armor!!!! A boy pony! That is amazing! I had stopped buying BAB ponies but this might be the one to bring me back...especially if he has a mo-hawk. That would look so cool.........this post has made my night. :biggrin:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 26, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »
So they're releasing Luna, Cadance and SA all at the same time?  :shocked: :blink: Goodbye money.....

Do we have a US release date yet for Celestia?

sailorstitch

Offline MonsterMania44

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 28, 2014, 09:06:47 PM »
I hate to barge in on this conversation.  :blush: I was just wondering if maybe anyone here can give me any information on BAB Trixie. I am desperately trying to find one for my little girl for Christmas. I drove 2 hours to our nearest BAB and they were all sold out of her. The website is also sold out. I emailed BAB and they said she is retired and will no longer be available. A store clerk however said she should go back in stock after New Years. I am so confused!  :blink: I saw online the uk website still has her... sadly they don't ship here.  :cry:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 28, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »
I hate to barge in on this conversation.  :blush: I was just wondering if maybe anyone here can give me any information on BAB Trixie. I am desperately trying to find one for my little girl for Christmas. I drove 2 hours to our nearest BAB and they were all sold out of her. The website is also sold out. I emailed BAB and they said she is retired and will no longer be available. A store clerk however said she should go back in stock after New Years. I am so confused!  :blink: I saw online the uk website still has her... sadly they don't ship here.  :cry:

Wait, what? I was seriously planning on getting a Trixie for Christmas. :( I'm so sad!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline MonsterMania44

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 28, 2014, 10:00:23 PM »

Wait, what? I was seriously planning on getting a Trixie for Christmas. :( I'm so sad!
That's what I am saying! I am so confused. Zecora is still available so why wouldn't Trixie be? Then I am getting different information from two different people. My little girl wants Trixie so bad and I wanted to get her for her for Christmas. I'm getting desperate. I don't know what else to do to get her for her.  :cry: I live so far away from Build A Bears that I can't afford to take a trip to risk another miss. I wasted $25 in gas going to the last one.

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 29, 2014, 06:26:20 AM »

That's what I am saying! I am so confused. Zecora is still available so why wouldn't Trixie be? Then I am getting different information from two different people. My little girl wants Trixie so bad and I wanted to get her for her for Christmas. I'm getting desperate. I don't know what else to do to get her for her.  :cry: I live so far away from Build A Bears that I can't afford to take a trip to risk another miss. I wasted $25 in gas going to the last one.

I'm good friends with the regional manager who works in mine- I was just talking to him about her a few days ago. I noticed when I was in the shop spending some coupons for AJ that they were out of her (this store is one of the best stocked ones around) but they still had her voice box and cape, he said she was all gone. They are doing limited numbers of the non-main 6 characters so they when they sell out they can be done with them and move on to making different ones. According to him Zecora is still in stock only because she is selling less (likely due to her higher price) but the same number of Zecoras and Trixies were made.  He has provided me with really reliable info about future releases in the past so I'm inclined to believe him.

some stores might still have her in though- I recommend you call ahead as anyone working there can easily tell you if they have her and save you the drive.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 29, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »
Zecora is likely still available due to her being more expensive and an online exclusive, which is also why Trixie is still available here in the UK (unlike BAB US, the UK website has no free shipping promotions so you're stuck paying £6 in postage >:( ). I imagine that, as Trixie has been out for a few months now they've stopped sending new stock as they're getting their Christmas bears in (Frozen x 3, reindeer x4) and soon Celestia. I would recommend emailing their online customer service as they may reintroduce Trixie as online-only, as they have with the retired ponies in the UK (I saw a banner on the UK website a while ago saying Trixie would be "back soon" so I think she did sell out at some point maybe).

Speaking of online exclusives, I really hope neither Luna or Cadence are online-only....

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #612 on: November 29, 2014, 08:30:34 AM »
I was thinking that if they made any of them online only it would probably be Shining Armor........

I just checked ebay for Trixie and there is an auction going on right now and she is up to 80 already :shocked:

Offline MonsterMania44

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 29, 2014, 11:56:57 AM »
Both my husband and I emailed Build A Bear and we were both told to different things. He was told she was retired and they have no plans in bringing her back. Then I was told she will briefly be available again in December.... So pretty much they have no idea what's going on. Looks like someone needs to get organized that way customers can get some correct information.  :huh:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #614 on: November 29, 2014, 11:59:51 AM »
Called about Trixie to one of the shops and they said Retired for good, Celestia coming in the middle of December,I was thinking she was going to be released this weekend .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal