collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advice about Barnacle  (Read 464 times)

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Need advice about Barnacle
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:43:06 AM »
I'm new to customizing  :blush:
But today I got a baity Barnacle with badly cut dry and frizzy hair. I'm thinking about rehairing him or maybe even customizing ;) And I'd like some advice about what hair color would suite him? Or maybe what custom theme would be nice and not to hard to do? ;)
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Need advice about Barnacle
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »
If he doesn't have cancer or regrind, and you want his original hair color, I think Dollyhair lists it as Brilliant Firebird.

"MLP matching info: I was going to order the non-brilliant (I'll explain what "brilliant" means in a second) version of this color as an exact match for Barnacle's color. Color-wise, this is exactly the same color that Barnacle had when he was NEW, but this color, on the Barnacle ponies, has been known to lose its flourescence over time, so it may not be an exact match for your pony, if his hair has faded. Now, the fact that it's "brilliant" means that the strands of hair are VERY shiny... almost metallic. Barnacle's hair does not have this "brilliant" attribute, so if you want the non-brilliant version of this color, look at "firebird" below."

From the website

If You just want to customize him into something else, just pick something that you would enjoy :)

If his body is still good though, you might want to stick to a restore. He's a little on the expensive side, IMO. I got one with bad cancer to customize and he cost me $17.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »
Welcome to the world of customizing!  So many fun options.  Do you have any interests that you would like to portray on a pony?  Favorite colors?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 01:35:51 PM »
Barnacles hair is firebird with a stripe of yellow. I cannot confirm the yellow match as nothing I have in stock quite matches it - but I am almost sure it is lemon drop.

If you don't want to go original, just get whatever colors you like!

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »
*Maniah - I thought that being baity would really decrease his value so that's why I thought of customization  :blush: He doesn't have cancer just some orange spots especially on his hooves, symbols are faded, one is badly rubbed, one blush is rubbed, there are also some eye rubs but just minor and a deep scratch to his eyebrow. I don't have any Magic erasers so it's the best I could clean him for now :) But that hair... For me it's terrible.
So I'm a bit torn between giving him his original color but just longer than they should be or making some experiment with colors because I don't think that this red suites his body's blue.  :lookround:
But that metallic red... sounds tempting ;)

*Colorscapesart - thank you :) I never thought about pony customs (I just looked at them and was astonished how beautiful they are) till now when I looked at Barnacle - liking his manly posture ;) but feeling not quite happy with his colors. I'd like to keep him so maybe I'll get the idea what to make out of him :) Someday ...
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 06:55:23 PM »
I feel a massive pang of pain at the thought of a Barnacle not being a Barnacle anymore, but I LOVE the idea of alternate color Barnacles :D I own a pink Barnacle! Why not try different hair and even symbol repaints in alternate colors?

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »
Barnacle's hair matches is Firebird and Lemonade if you were wondering what the original colors were :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal