collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Parcel arrived in NZ - all good now thanks  (Read 1800 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: International postage tracking through strange countries
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »
I agree with everything that has been suggested. Ironically I have a package right now that went to Austria, when it was supposed to be going to Mexico. It has made it's way back to New York, so we will see what happens?  :blink:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 03:04:17 PM »
You guys are all great! Thanks for the support! I've never had this happen so I was a little scared at first, now with all the stories of the same thing happening to others and everything turned out ok I'm not so worried (at least in the sense of my package turning up). I do wonder about what type of people work in the sorting facilities though.. they must see so many parcels and letters that they go blank.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »
I sent my sister's birthday present from UK to Denmark. When it finally showed up three weeks later it had been to Australia lol

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »
Right so update: The tracking has been saying departed Miami 1st December which was a week ago. Even with the slowness of the post at the moment it shouldn't take a week for something to reach NZ. I contacted the seller previously about the tracking through the weird countries but they haven't gotten back to me, I have now asked them (politely) to recheck with the post office to see what the hold up is...

Am I being too impatient? In the mean time I've had other lots arrive that I bought/paid for at the same time as this auction so I'm starting to get even more worried than before....

My want list.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 05:51:43 PM »
While your seller is responsible to make sure your item arrives safely, they have no control over our postal service here. Yes, they can most certainly check into it but it is not going to move your package along any faster. It just happens to be caught up somewhere along the line for whatever reason. It's really hard to say  :huh:

As far as their communication...well they could shoot you back a quick email . It only takes a few minutes to give you a piece of mind. I would perhaps send another email to them with your concerns. They hopefully will get back to you.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 08:04:02 PM »
The weird scans could possibly be an error with the USPS system. When I ship internationally, I have noticed several times the packages scanning as being in both Chicago and New York at the exact same time, which is obviously impossible. I think I remember reading awhile back that tracking numbers get recycled so it could be old data that is showing up by mistake (not 100% sure on this one).

May I ask what method the seller shipped by (for example, First Class/Priority/Express)? For USPS First Class or Priority I am not surprised that you have not received the package yet as both can be very slow at the best of times. It looks like they originally mailed the item close to the Thanksgiving holiday, which can cause delays, and is now having to compete with the high volume of Christmas/holiday packages. I agree with ponylady, this really isn't something that the seller can control. I also want to mention that even though US packages often come with a "tracking" or customs number, it frequently only tracks within the US. Once it leaves, depending on the country, you may not get any more scans on the item until it reaches you. I would not worry about the package yet, I generally don't worry until it has been about a month since an item shipped from overseas.

Hopefully the item will turn up soon :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:08:51 PM by flying_narwhal »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
I recently had a couriered item from South America for some reason go through the US, Europe and Asia? I'm thinking it was a mix-up with the data, because it got to me incredibly fast. I personally wouldn't worry about it, it seems to be happening a lot lately - you might even have the wrong tracking #.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 05:23:28 AM »
I've heard of quite a few ponies going touring before reaching their destination. One went from the US east coast on vacation to Hawaii before heading off to where it should have gone - which was not far from the seller if I remember rightly :P  Whether these ponies actually get sent off on the wrong delivery or whether its just that the scanning thing goes weird sometimes is a mystery. I wouldn't worry though - at least you do have tracking and all of the funny touring pony stories I;ve heard have had a happy ending where the pony arrives safely eventually  :hug: 
If your buyer is worried then they should contact you. It's not your fault if the pony really did get sent to the wrong place first and is now a bit delayed either

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 03:51:25 PM »
Right so I contacted the seller on the 2nd December to get them to check with the post office, which they said they'd do and get back to me. On the 7th December I hadn't heard anything so asked again, just to check that things were all good - nothing back from them. Yesterday (11th December) I asked again, politely asking them to check that my parcel had indeed left the states like the tracking says. My parcel isn't meant to be delievered at the latest by the 17th but I've had 3 other pony parcels that I bought and paid for (and had been posted) within 2 days of this one having been posted for the second time from Miami.

Question is should I be worried yet or should I let the 17th pass before trying to contact the seller again?

My want list.

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 11:48:48 AM »
Update:

The parcel is meant to arrive in 2 days (on the 18th) but the tracking still hasn't changed since the 1st of December, I've also check with my post office tracking in case it has entered NZ but nothing. I heard back from the seller a week ago saying the post office are sure that the package has left Miami but it shouldn't take almost a month from leaving country of origin to arrive at destination - usually it takes 2 weeks at most from the time the seller ships to arrival at my house.

As this has never happened before, I take it I re-ask the seller to check and get back to me? Or do I go straight through eBay to open a enquiry?

My want list.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Parcel due in 2 days and hasn't left country of origin since 1st December
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
I really think the mail is just incredibly slow right now. I'm just on the other side of the border and a package I ordered almost 4 weeks ago from the usa finally showed up today. Typically parcels from there to here are only 7-10 days. Tracking isn't always up to date either, especially if its just delivery confirmation or if the workers haven't scanned it in.

Hopefully it arrives soon :)

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »
Don't get too stressed, It's obviously taking longer than expected due to the mis-sorting.

You should let the seller know your concerned. However, I think you should wait until at least the shipping arrival date passes before opening a case. If you do decide to open an ebay/paypal claim (as you need to do that before 45 days) just let the seller know before you do it. It sounds like the seller has done everything correctly so just opening a case without any warning may cause some tension to the situation.

If you do decide to open a case, let the seller know your doing it as you're worried the item might be lost and of course you will close it as soon as the item has arrived, this will go along way in keeping an opening and understanding communication between you and the seller. Definitely something you will want to have if the item does indeed go missing.

It might be the case that the item is returned to the seller, and keep in mind that happens sometimes and is not her fault.  At least if you keep your communication open and friendly you can make a new arrangement, most likely she will ship again at her cost, and you still get your lovely pony you're after.

Of course, its disappointing as you expected to have your new pony by now, but unfortunately sometimes post gets mis-handled and can be slow at christmas time. Keep and eye on your 45 day deadline and keep in touch with your seller. I have my fingers crossed that your pony makes it home to Kiwi-land soon xx

*edit spelling mistake
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:09:02 PM by squishy turdl »

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »
Thanks guys!! I'll definitely let them know before I do anything!! I always think that if the situation was reversed how would I feel if I did... Yes I realise that it's a busy time but even now it shouldn't take this long should it? Maybe I'm just anxious to have Hollywood and a pretty pony bag in my hands. I've emailed the seller and asked them to check again with the post office to see what's going on.

My want list.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2014, 04:01:59 AM »
:hug:  unfortunately things really do take this long - even without your tracking issue/possible misdirected parcel- at this time of year especially. I'd say 4-6 weeks , sometimes longer  :(  In one way its a good thing as it might mean your pony will arrive safely anytime now, in another way its still a stress because you *may* have to open a case to protect yourself - do this if it gets close to your Paypal deadline and your parcel still hasn't arrived/update etc.  But as ST said, if it comes down to that, contact your seller and let her know your concerns and why you had to open the case, but that you will close it if/when then pony arrives -  and if the seller has to refund you due to the case but your pony arrives later, then you will resend payment :awake: .   Good communication is always very important - especially when things like this happen - so keep open and polite communication going with your seller and hopefully all will work out well in the end :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 03:30:48 PM »
Alls well that ends well. My package has finally reached NZ so I'm hoping for delivery sometime next week if I'm lucky. You guys are so awesome and full of advise, thanks for helping!

My want list.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal