collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I may have been a bit hasty...  (Read 705 times)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I may have been a bit hasty...
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:26:17 AM »
This related to a pony purchase I made on the 1st July of a MIB Plumsweet which was the start of my goddaughters Christmas box - she has the mane 6 now and wants different ponies.  This was through ebay UK

I hadn't received it yet, the expected date of arrival was the 4th July - was shipping within the UK, I wanted to contact the seller to ask where it had gotten to since it was 6 days after the expected arrival date, and I picked the *item not received yet* option thinking it'd send an automated message to the seller.  Oh how wrong I was, I seemed to have accidentally opened a case against her.

Anyway, literally 15 minutes after I had accidentally opened the case up, the doorbell rang and it was the pony arrived.  Naturally I closed the case straight away with a comment saying item had arrived, sorry about accidentally opening the case.  I checked the package and noticed that it was posted out on the 8th July!! That's 1 week AFTER I had paid for it.

There was no communication about delayed shipping or anything.  I can understand that there are things which get in the way, a simple message saying thanks for your purchase but I only post on such and such a day, or even a message when it was posted saying sorry for the delay, xyz happened would have kept me happy.  Anyway, I have now given feedback, positive with full stars apart from the quick shipping one, which I have given 4 stars for.

Was I maybe a bit hasty in this??

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: I may have been a bit hasty...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:47:08 AM »
I don't think so. I'd have only given the seller one or two stars if they had posted that long after the estimated delivery date without saying anything.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 09:54:23 AM »
To be honest, to know that, you need to check their estimated arrival/shipping date. How long does it take them to dispatch? I personally can only make it to the PO certain days, and I would be disappointed that people left me less stars if I have clearly stated that. I know it's happened to me before, and I just think people are being ignorant.

In your case, I think you did the right thing. Sounds like they were being slightly negligent with your item. Sorry you had to wait so long!

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 10:08:34 AM »
Cheers, I am sat here waiting for the inevitable flaming email asking what the **** I was doing  :(

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:40:59 AM »
Cheers, I am sat here waiting for the inevitable flaming email asking what the **** I was doing  :(

Seriously, don't worry! You closed it, and that's what matters!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 01:18:17 PM »
I wouldn't worry  :hug: Ebay just recently started opening cases automatically if you choose anything other than "OTHER". So it was an honest mistake and at that point you did have reason to be concerned where your package was.

I also wouldn't worry about them contacting you as the star system is anonymous. Yes, there is a way to figure it out but the seller would have to run a report everyday. They also are not allowed to contact you in regards to the star rating you left. It can land them in some hot water. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »
Thanks! Feeling a bit better now  :satisfied:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »
I wouldn't worry  :hug: Ebay just recently started opening cases automatically if you choose anything other than "OTHER". So it was an honest mistake and at that point you did have reason to be concerned where your package was.

I also wouldn't worry about them contacting you as the star system is anonymous. Yes, there is a way to figure it out but the seller would have to run a report everyday. They also are not allowed to contact you in regards to the star rating you left. It can land them in some hot water. 

You know there is no logic in ebay doing that. Now a bunch of sellers are going to have accidental cases opened against them over and over.  Shakes head.  I usually don't ding the stars for shipping unless I don't get it for a month.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 03:10:33 AM »
Dont worry about it  Rhubarb - it was an honest mistake, and you messaged the seller and closed the case right away anyways :hug:   The shipping time did seem a little slow without the seller letting you know there were any delays  (unless the seller put in their listing that they ship within say a week, or that they only ship once a week on Saturdays or something like that) so I wouldnt worry about giving them 4 stars for shipping time either

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal