collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The MH Q&A/help thread  (Read 10847 times)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
The MH Q&A/help thread
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:34:31 PM »
I figured it would be nice to have a place to ask all the questions about MH...need help with customizing? have a question about who is coming out and don't want it lost in the discussion thread? did your doll get broken, and you need advice on the best way to repair it? all those random questions that crop up, ask them here!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: The MH Q&A/help thread
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:38:29 PM »
Help! Hemlock needs hair! But I dunno what colors!!! She wants to know if you'll help me figure it out so she doesn't have to stay bald!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:42:36 PM »
Hmm... I think she wants mint green hair!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
ooh i think she would look adorable with a light purple -- maybe some mint green streaks?

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:32:22 PM »
I'd go with green and lilac :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

CoverGoth

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
I'm wanting to put together an OC with the CAMs. I'm really preferring the sea monster for her color and face mold and everything, but I don't want her tentacles. I don't have a set yet, so I'm just wondering if I'd be able to slice them off with an exacto knife or if that would leave a hole on her arms and legs. Does anyone know? :)

Oh! And also...do Cupid's wings clip in the same way CAM wings do on the torsos, by chance?

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »
Help! Hemlock needs hair! But I dunno what colors!!! She wants to know if you'll help me figure it out so she doesn't have to stay bald!

I think you should go with violet :)
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
I like the Mint and Lavender idea...that would be gorgeous!!  Will be adding more to this post or making another soon, lol.  I need ideas and help as well! 

TheLoveCat

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »
I'm wanting to put together an OC with the CAMs. I'm really preferring the sea monster for her color and face mold and everything, but I don't want her tentacles. I don't have a set yet, so I'm just wondering if I'd be able to slice them off with an exacto knife or if that would leave a hole on her arms and legs. Does anyone know? :)

Oh! And also...do Cupid's wings clip in the same way CAM wings do on the torsos, by chance?

Im sure you could slice off the parts, though the plastic is pretty hard.... it might be easier to use the other CaM's forearms and legs and just paint them to match...

Also, Cupid's wings clip onto her back (or neck?) over her clothes, unlike the CaM wings which pop into the little holes onto he torsos. So sad :(

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »
Paint questions:

What brand of acrylic paint do you use on your dolls? (I need to fix a few)

My Dotd Ghoulia's shoe paint is badly scuffed, would car model paint (like testors) work?

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
Also, what do you use to paint on MH bodies and faces?  I am going to do two faceups/complete redos, and I have heard pencils, paints, a whole assortment of things, so I may attempt to do something along those lines. 

TheLoveCat

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »
When I paint torso's or arms/legs, I always use Apple Barrel Craft Acrylic. Its about 70 cents a bottle, and comes in hundreds of different colors, and mixes very well. I water it down a tiny bit, and paint several layers. (You can find at walmart in the craft section)

Those are good for bold flat colors on faceups too, though I've ever done monster high faceups. When I did custom Pullip dolls, I always used a mixture of Acrylic, Prismacolor colored pencils, and soft chalk pastels. The pastels are great for gradiant/blended looks, and the acrylics are perfect for big strokes of color and the eye parts.

Whenever I paint body parts I use a product called Testor's Dullcote to seal it. It works great on Pullip faces and MH bodies, so I'm positive it would work for their faces too. It is just a very nice matt sealer, in a spray can. Its about 5 bucks at Micheal's or ACMoore.

I hope that helped!

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
Yay! Love that we have this thread! Thanks jupi <3

Im sure you could slice off the parts, though the plastic is pretty hard.... it might be easier to use the other CaM's forearms and legs and just paint them to match...

Also, Cupid's wings clip onto her back (or neck?) over her clothes, unlike the CaM wings which pop into the little holes onto he torsos. So sad :(

Ever since The Gory Gazette (the official MH tumblr) confirmed that Cupid was not a deity, but a monster adopted by Eros, I've fanwanked that her wings are part of her uniform, so to speak. Sort of like her bow and arrow. The diary that comes with her re-release strengthens this belief, although it's never directly stated.

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 05:07:24 AM »
quick question - does anyone else have dolls that have fairly stiff heads? My SS Clawdeen looks up and I can't move her head so she looks down. Is there a fix for this?

Come visit my blog!

CoverGoth

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 08:19:58 AM »
Ever since The Gory Gazette (the official MH tumblr) confirmed that Cupid was not a deity, but a monster adopted by Eros, I've fanwanked that her wings are part of her uniform, so to speak. Sort of like her bow and arrow. The diary that comes with her re-release strengthens this belief, although it's never directly stated.

I haven't read her diary, but that does make sense considering how the wings attach. Lol, I had to look up "fanwank" but feel more internet-savvy now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal