collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which are your least favorite chores?

vacuuming
65 (6.5%)
dusting
86 (8.6%)
scrubbing the floor
85 (8.5%)
taking out garbage
65 (6.5%)
cleaning the bathroom
139 (13.9%)
cleaning the kitchen
47 (4.7%)
washing dishes
136 (13.6%)
laundry
55 (5.5%)
yard work
103 (10.3%)
cleaning pets and their messes
66 (6.6%)
decluttering
73 (7.3%)
cooking meals
60 (6%)
other
23 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 308

Author Topic: You load sixteen tons and what do you get?  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
Re: You load sixteen tons and what do you get?
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »
I'm not a fan of any of the deep cleaning - kitchens and washrooms and the like.  Luckily I'm able to outsource that these days!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blog

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
Cleaning the bathroom.  I'd rather clean the entire apartment than that one room, or really just the toilet.  Then there's decluttering closely followed by washing dishes by hand.  If there's a dishwasher around, that's not a problem.  I don't like doing laundry, which is why I do it about once a month but I spend the day watching tv and waiting to put the next load in and folding while catching up on tv.  I'm supposed to be decluttering my desk right now, from the end of school, but here I am, in the Dark Playground with my Instant Gratification Monkey.  Thanks, SDS, for introducing me to another thing to do instead of what I'm supposed to do.  :biggrin:
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
I'm supposed to be decluttering my desk right now, from the end of school, but here I am, in the Dark Playground with my Instant Gratification Monkey.  Thanks, SDS, for introducing me to another thing to do instead of what I'm supposed to do.  :biggrin:

All part of the service! *salutes*
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

MyLittleLambie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2014, 10:46:34 PM »
No dishwasher, so that's the chore I loathe most.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2014, 09:38:45 AM »
DISHES! I hate the smell and looking at water on food :drunk: I hate touching things that other people have stuck in their mouths :yucky: So forks and spoons are the worst! My most hated things to wash - Containers that have had beanie weenies, potato salad, and tuna fish in them. I also hate milk in cups and ketchup and other condiments on plates. And my biggest pet peeve is when people leave straws and disposable silverware in the sink!! :yucky:

Next one would be yard work. I hate everything about the outdoors XD Heat, bugs, pollen, nature in general... So yard work is horrible for me :faint:

And the last one would be cooking because I'm terrible at it :lol:
My Wish List

Offline sleepyowl

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2014, 10:51:15 AM »
I voted other because while I don't like doing any household chores, the worst is cleaning windows and mirrors. I don't know why, I just hate it.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2014, 01:36:51 PM »
I love doing yard work. Though if it's hot the heat kills me. One thing I dislike about outdoor chores is the weed whacker/eater. I don't use them because I hit myself with dirt clods,stones,debris. Nor am I in the area if someone else is running one because I still get hit. Not on purpose, the stuff just finds me.  :blink:

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
I hate bathrooms, I hate the amount of hair I loose and finding it everywhere.
On the other hand, decluttering, lol what is that? I find myself decluttering all the time but stopping an playing with things I find along the way, declutter one area to clutter another usually.
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2014, 05:24:42 AM »
Dishes. Out of 3 siblings ( all are which obese, different father diffefent genes) I was in charge of dishes all my childhood-and we didnt have a dishwasher machine! I was the dishwasher! So my siblings EVERY day would just come home and eat, dirty every dish in the kitchen just to cook ricearoni or mac and cheese. Every day they would purposely pile them up and eat eat eat! O____o Even when im finished I go to my room and sleep before my mom came home. By the time she would get home that sink would be overflowing!! Id get yealled at, explain the situation, and my mom would tell me I was lying. She would also tell me my siblings are growing and thats why they eat a lot. Id be like, "MOM. They are growing horizonatally!! They eat EVERYTHING!" Ive had to deal with that 17 years of my life. Now that m married I absolutely refuse to do dishes in my own home. My husband is ithe one in charge of dishes!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2014, 05:33:52 AM »
I HATE dishes, I only selected cooking food as a second because it makes dirty dishes!!

I will eat cereal  from a measuring cup to avoid washing a dish.....

this, even though i do like cooking but... you know its bad when you just start eating straight from the pot, or WOW i can actually fit some cereal in this old mug i never use. xD (i have a problem)
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2014, 06:25:33 AM »
On the other hand, decluttering, lol what is that? I find myself decluttering all the time but stopping an playing with things I find along the way, declutter one area to clutter another usually.

Omg this!!!!! When I sweep the bathroom I find all my shed hair stuck to my broom and holy crap I swear I must be shedding or something! xD

Nohpny

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2014, 06:52:45 PM »
I hate doing the dishes. When water mixes with food, it just makes it look very gross and icky and smell terrible. I have to wash my hands after I touch the dishwasher even if the dishes are clean, and after I wash dishes I wash my hands. I also hate mopping. I have a younger brother who tends to sweep and then I mop, and he can not sweep what so ever. Only recently I got out of mopping by being a better sweeper than him. I can only sweep better because my dad use to make me sweep 3 or 4 times over and over again because I missed this random speck. I'm lazy so I rather do things once then twice or thrice.

I only dislike taking out the garbage to the street because we have a very large rolly trashcan that can only  be rolled down when a car isn't in the drive way. If a car is there we have to drag, not roll, it through the rocks, onto the concrete wall thing and down to the side walk. Not fun when it's full.

I don't mind doing anything else. I'll clean the bathrooms and kitchen. I've been doing my own laundry since middle school (going to be a freshman in college in the fall), and we don't do yard work often since we have rocks. We only have to rake the leaves in the winter. We don't have a tree, but the neighbors have one that drapes into our yard so we get the majority of the leaves. We don't have any pets. I don't like clutter even though I can tend to clutter. xD So I'm always decluttering. I like to cook, but I don't like dishes!

Sorry for the wall of text >_<

Post Merge: July 06, 2014, 06:54:17 PM

Omg this!!!!! When I sweep the bathroom I find all my shed hair stuck to my broom and holy crap I swear I must be shedding or something! xD

I agree with this! My mom has REALLY LONG hair, so it's either hers or mine and we can never get it all off the ground. It makes it horrible to mop!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:54:17 PM by Nohpny »

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »
I've owned my own house for 4 years now. I love it and I don't mind most of the work. Except I don't like dusting or yard work. My yard is pretty crazy right now. There's a fern forest going on in the side yard, the grass in the front and back is super long, and the other side yard is just... I don't even know. I was thinking of putting in some raised garden beds or something but I'm afraid I would forget to water the flowers/vegetables.
I live in WA and it rains so much, I never need to water the grass or anything in the yard but that might not work for a flower/vegetable garden.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 06:34:25 AM »
Dishes... I HATE doing dishes.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 04:45:09 AM »
Dishes/washing up is my number one most loathed chore  - ugh!!!!!! :yikes:
 I love cooking and so the rule in my house is that if I cook - which is almost always - then I dont wash up (we dont have a dishwasher) ! someone else gets to do that  :good:   so i can avoid my least fave chore alomst all of the time these days :accomplished: ;)
I also hate taking out the garbage (generally an icky job)  and doing the laundry (how does it always turn into a mountain almost as soon as you've cleaned it all??!!!!  :faint: )
I'm useless at decluttering too.
I quite like other  housework as long as I can have music on  and sing at the same time - oh other than ironing - boooooring!!!! :zzz:  and cleaning the vacuum since both myself and my mom have very long hair which tangles around the vacuum brushes and .... *shudder* 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal