collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Candles  (Read 8525 times)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Candles
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2023, 08:39:04 AM »
I got a Goose Creek candle to try when I saw them at Walmart in the Christmas section! It’s called Winter Splendor. I think it’s a dupe to B&BW’s Winter. Their Strawberry Sponge Cake is definitely a dupe of B&BW’s Strawberry Pound Cake. I almost bought This Is Christmas (which I believe is another dupe of possibly Tree Farm or The Perfect Christmas, but I own a couple TPC’s already.) Classic Christmas Tree was like Fresh Balsam or Tree farm. White Christmas Cake was like too buttery or waxy or something for my liking. Anyway, I hope I see more GC scents roll out to Walmart! I like to sniff before I buy.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2023, 06:57:27 AM »
I've gotten some more Yankee jar candles from Amazon, they're only $15 compared with Yankee's $35 or whatever they are. One of them was a scent I was after for a while, Lavender and Oak. It smells great but it doesn't spread around the room very much. Not like Goose Creek or Bath and Body Works.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2023, 06:39:14 AM »
Goose Creek has their single wicks for $4.99 and 3 wicks for $10 for today only.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2023, 10:14:44 AM »
I love the atmosphere that candles create!

As for scented candles; I try them every now and then, but I have yet to find one that doesn't require you to stick your nose in them to get a wiff of the scent they're supposed to fill the room with :/

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2023, 10:42:58 AM »
Both Goose Creek and Bath & Bodyworks have candles that fill the whole room :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2023, 03:13:50 PM »
I second the Goose Creek and BBW 3 wick candles. just be sure to wait for a good sale to buy. i find a lot of the pricier candles don't have as good of a throw. the Sunday Forever mega candles do. they're huge and pretty expensive. I have the tanlines one and it will probably take me a couple of years to burn it out.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2023, 08:44:51 AM »
Never heard of Sunday Forever and I want one now :lol:

I placed another Goose Creek order with mostly winter themed candles. B&BW is going to have a super special sale for one day starting tomorrow. I'm assuming candles will be part of the sale (it didn't say in the email). So check it out and see what's up.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 08:46:43 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2023, 11:35:06 AM »
B&BW is going to have a super special sale for one day starting tomorrow. I'm assuming candles will be part of the sale (it didn't say in the email). So check it out and see what's up.

Tomorrow is the start of Candle Day at Bath & Body Works. AKA their big candle sales event. Candles are rumored to be $9.95 this year. Stack on coupons and exclusive releases, and it becomes a big to-do. I’ve been participating in their Candle Day event each year since 2016. This year they’re marketing it as rewards members (people who joined their app) having “Early access” to the sale online and in store tomorrow, and then “everyone” can shop it on Saturday and Sunday. I’m doubting they’ll actually turn away sales from non-members in store tomorrow, but that’s my personal opinion. It just wouldn’t make business $en$e. In my area, stores have been known to open as early as 4am for the event; however I checked online, and they’re starting at 6am in my area tomorrow. As for online sales… Good luck. It’s notoriously bananas with people getting in a tizzy about not being able to place orders, carts being emptied, and after the fact orders being cancelled, lost, and/or delayed. That being said, I HAVE placed an online order on Candle Day with success in the past. I’m just relaying what I’ve heard from other members of the candle community. I *think* that’s why they’re advertising this “Early access” sale: to try to slow down the masses and not create as much fallout. I personally go in store to avoid that whole online headache, but I understand it’s not an option for everyone! Proximity to stores, physical demand of holding crates of candles while you stand in line, and crowds are all factors.

Then probably the week after that, they’ll have Body Care Day(s)!  :lookround: That’s a newer event. Yay, capitalism!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2023, 03:08:36 PM »
Yankee is having Candle Day today, the large jars are only 12 bucks each. I'm totally broke though :cry:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2023, 03:15:41 PM »
It's Candle Day weekend at BBW. :D  I really hope we get confirmation on the price soon.  I still have a lot of candles I need to use, but I'm hoping to get at least a couple of them.

One year I felt like the employees looked down at me a little because I wasn't buying as many candles as the people around me were. I think it was just about 4 or 5 when some people were buying 12 or more.

The price is $9.95 for each candle. :D  I'm a little confused by the early shopping in store for Rewards members.  The email says you can either sign in to the app and show your barcode or give your phone number at checkout, but on Facebook they say that you have to be signed in to the app and show your reward barcode.  Whenever there's a big sale, the app always has problems so I'm thinking about maybe skipping Friday and just shopping on Saturday instead so I won't have to deal with the app even though I have it. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 06:53:14 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2023, 05:42:07 AM »
Ugh, Goose Creek also has a Candle Day, $9.95 each. I placed my order too soon but it finally shipped.

I don't understand why I need to wait in a virtual line to shop B&BW? Are their servers crappy or something?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2023, 07:09:46 AM »
Ugh, Goose Creek also has a Candle Day, $9.95 each. I placed my order too soon but it finally shipped.

I don't understand why I need to wait in a virtual line to shop B&BW? Are their servers crappy or something?

It's normally super bombarded, but Candle Day at B&BW has been so chill this year!! Normally I stand in a long line of like 50+ people before the doors open. Today I parked 2 minutes before the doors opened and it was only me & 2 other ladies. Hahaha, so nice. And no one had to show membership as I suspected.

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2023, 02:55:59 PM »
I suspect they have a virtual line to build up more hype. it could be a server capacity thing i suppose. maybe they can't handle too many orders at once?
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2023, 03:22:33 PM »
The servers always get overloaded on Candle Day.  There's been a lot of complaints on Facebook about the website not letting people check out, the app not working etc...   I know I might miss out on some candles because  I didn't go on the first day, but I feel that's better than forcing people to use the app.  I heard that some stores were letting people just use their phone number for the Rewards membership, which is fine, but I didn't want to take any chances with an app that's buggy when there's a big sale.

Edit:  I went today and there was still a large variety to choose from. The store was a little busy, but there was plenty of room to walk around and shop.  Sometimes you had to wait for another person to finish looking at the candles before you got a chance to look at the same ones they were looking at.  They were also giving away the free canvas tote bags at the entrance with the candle crates already inside.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 10:59:41 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2023, 07:06:05 AM »
Nice picks, Ponyfan.  ^.^

Here's my candle day haul!

I had absolutely no wait time at the 3 stores I visited which is unheard of. Every year there's normally a queue. Anyway, I was able to get the tote and use my coupons, so I'm a happy camper!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 07:08:41 AM by shockponie »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal