collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Are Your Best Care Bear Memories?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
What Are Your Best Care Bear Memories?
« on: September 17, 2015, 12:25:23 PM »
So let's take a walk back to memory lane.
What's your best care bear memory?

:accomplished:

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your Best Care Bear Memories?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »
Watching the show as a kid. I loooved it!
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 05:02:46 AM »
Watching the show and movies are a given! But really--for my 1st birthday I had a cheer bear on my cake. I still have that poseable so seeing the pictures of me and the cake and then playing with cheer and my other toys are the best memories. Best adult memory-my godmother was clearing out her cake cabinet and she had a mib birthday bear poseable that she said I could have (she never ended up using it on a cake)! And let's throw in the TRU display of singing bears that my hubby liberated...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 11:56:38 AM »
Watching the Care Bear Movies...Care a Lot, We care a lot! *clap clap - clap clap*  ^.^ :biggrin: :satisfied: :P

I remember my mom and I finding Share Bear and working Secret Bear at a garage sale in the late 80s... I still have them.  :)

Also, my Care Bear themed birthday party.. I turned 3 and had a pina colada traditional rectangular cake with Tenderheart on it..there is a famous picture of me with it somewhere in the family photos..hehehe. Now thinking about it makes me want to dig up old pics!  ^.^

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »
Watching the Care Bear Movies...Care a Lot, We care a lot! *clap clap - clap clap*  ^.^ :biggrin: :satisfied: :P

I remember my mom and I finding Share Bear and working Secret Bear at a garage sale in the late 80s... I still have them.  :)

Also, my Care Bear themed birthday party.. I turned 3 and had a pina colada traditional rectangular cake with Tenderheart on it..there is a famous picture of me with it somewhere in the family photos..hehehe. Now thinking about it makes me want to dig up old pics!  ^.^

I'd like to see it :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 06:03:28 PM »

I'd like to see it :)

Hehe, I will try to find it..

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 08:12:49 AM »
Oh I loved the Care Bears as a kid <3
One memory is from New Years Eve when I was little. Im not sure about the exact year, I might have been 1990 or 1989 ... my parents were away for a music festival and I visited my grandparents! As I was a little grumpy about "my parents letting me down on new Years Eve" my grandma had a plan to cheer me up. She invited my uncles (especially one of them was my idol as a kid) and bought lots a silly stuff to give me a good laugh. One was a set of Christmas crackers (we dont use those for christmas in germany but for New Years eve) and it had Care Bears on them! Each featured a different Care Bear (and its primary color), so for example one was yellow with Funshine Bear on it, one was green with Wish Bear on it, one was featuring Friend Bear and its color was orange... and so on. Sadly there werent any Care Bears items in there, just the normal silly stuff like a plastic fly or random glitter pieces and so on.
Still, I loved them! I wish I had saved at least one... they were sooo cool!

I sadly didnt have much merchandise or toys featuring Care Bears... but I vividly remember collecting stickers for the album. I still own it today and it has this really old and beautiful artwork I like best <3 so cute...
I also remember watching the movie and the TV series! I enjoyed both a lot!! I my imagination, CareBears and My Little Pony both had they habitat in the clouds and I assigned each CareBear a pony to ride on. For example Funshine Bear was best friends with Lemon Drop as I thought yellow + yellow would make a great match <3
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 08:15:16 AM by Einhornbaby »

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 08:55:13 AM »
Oh I loved the Care Bears as a kid <3
One memory is from New Years Eve when I was little. Im not sure about the exact year, I might have been 1990 or 1989 ... my parents were away for a music festival and I visited my grandparents! As I was a little grumpy about "my parents letting me down on new Years Eve" my grandma had a plan to cheer me up. She invited my uncles (especially one of them was my idol as a kid) and bought lots a silly stuff to give me a good laugh. One was a set of Christmas crackers (we dont use those for christmas in germany but for New Years eve) and it had Care Bears on them! Each featured a different Care Bear (and its primary color), so for example one was yellow with Funshine Bear on it, one was green with Wish Bear on it, one was featuring Friend Bear and its color was orange... and so on. Sadly there werent any Care Bears items in there, just the normal silly stuff like a plastic fly or random glitter pieces and so on.
Still, I loved them! I wish I had saved at least one... they were sooo cool!

I sadly didnt have much merchandise or toys featuring Care Bears... but I vividly remember collecting stickers for the album. I still own it today and it has this really old and beautiful artwork I like best <3 so cute...
I also remember watching the movie and the TV series! I enjoyed both a lot!! I my imagination, CareBears and My Little Pony both had they habitat in the clouds and I assigned each CareBear a pony to ride on. For example Funshine Bear was best friends with Lemon Drop as I thought yellow + yellow would make a great match <3

Aw, that is soo cute! ..the color matching thing...Hehe.  ^.^ I played with my She-Ra and MLP together. They would always help each other out.  :P

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 01:11:48 AM »
Mine was seeing Cheer Bear at the local toy shop, which is now a fashion store. She was on the floor next to a pillar, I would kiss her head whenever we went in there. They were really expensive back then apparently. Eventually she was unwrapped for my birthday. She appears in many photos through the 80s and I still have her
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 02:46:24 AM »
Watching the movie with my younger brother, we both loved it so much. The one with the carnival, and the young magician who came across that evil book, ... can't remember the name.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 08:04:11 AM »
I loved watching the show as a kid.

I also loved the second movie. The songs to this day always make me want to cry for some reason.

I had a plush Cheer Bear I carried everywhere with me. I remember visiting someone with my dad and this person had horses. My dad lifted me up while I held my Cheer Bear to pet the horse. I wish I still had that bear.....

I have lots of memories of watching the show and being obsessed.

I also remember one time my older brother telling me as a child the Care Bears came to visit while I was asleep. I was silly and believed him. XD

Oh, I also had a crush on Brave Heart Lion. :P
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 05:25:54 PM »
Watching the show and then pretending to be a Care Cousin. I was always Bright heart or Noble heart.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 05:51:07 PM »
I remember pretending the be eather Cheer, Funshine, Or Brave Heart lion, or Bright heart racoon.

I remember watching the show. And getting share bear my very first care bear.
Past that I had gained a few but I no longer have any of thoese anymore my toys kept dissappearing.

Offline Sochy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 05:57:54 PM »
During summer or long-holidays here in Uruguay, since Im little I help my mother taking care of houses their owners are away for some weeks. We go, water they plants, feed the dogs, put the lights on and of and things like that.

When I have about 8, we went into the house of a Lady who her daughter was about 20 years old at the moment. Her room was full of pluhies and I love watch them, but my favourite was a Lotsa Heart plush. Will me mother do the house things, I play whit the plush (Whit much care, sure! It wasnt mine)

When the owner of the house come back whit her daugher, they gift me pink elephant. I was so happy! I called her "Patty" in honor of her old owner, Patricia.

Sadly Patty is lost right now : ( We reformed the house and a lot of things went to my granny house some times. Parry was in one bag and I never see her again.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Art/Free Art (Closed)/Wishlist

Amazing little Dulce de Leche pixel by Weebkinz!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 05:59:11 PM »
When I was younger, I had one of the coolest Christmases ever.

I had become to really love the care bears. I had a small collection of 12" bears, cartoons, and a 3' Grumpy Bear. Then that Christmas my parents bought me every single one of the 2000's 8" care bears and care bear cousins. Each individually wrapped (some doubled up) and put under the tree! Now THAT was a cool Christmas!
I also got Noble Heart Horse and True Heart Bear a little later because they forgot to add them under the tree.

I still have all of them (except big grumpy) packed away in the attic. I hope to add them to my pony room much further in the future... when I actually have a pony room.

I am looking to get a 1980's Braveheart Lion plush at some point though!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal