collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 687
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: So Soft ponies  (Read 2033 times)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So Soft ponies
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »
I have 2 and I adore them both!  I have Shady and Gusty.  Shady's flocking is a bit thinner as she seems like she was played with a bit more; the flocking is worn down on her back right where a kid's hand would grasp when they were playing with her.  She's still pretty though, and nice and soft.  Gusty has a few rubs but otherwise her flocking is thick and lovely and fairly bright.  She has lovely hair, too. 

Before I got a So Soft pony I figured they would kind of feel like those flocked toy horses that are everywhere.  You know, the hollow plastic ones?  A lot of those are fairly cheap and their flocking reflects that, but even the nicer ones don't have super flocking (don't get me wrong, I actually love those flocked horses, other than MLP they were some of my favorite childhood toys).  But So Softs are sooooo different!!  I was amazed when I first touched Shady (who I got before Gusty) because she really didn't feel anything like those horses!  She was so much fluffier, even though she does have some flocking loss.  When I got Gusty, she felt even more amazing because her condition is better!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline thecakeissisley

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 04:06:09 PM »
I have 2 and I adore them both!  I have Shady and Gusty.  Shady's flocking is a bit thinner as she seems like she was played with a bit more; the flocking is worn down on her back right where a kid's hand would grasp when they were playing with her.  She's still pretty though, and nice and soft.  Gusty has a few rubs but otherwise her flocking is thick and lovely and fairly bright.  She has lovely hair, too. 

Before I got a So Soft pony I figured they would kind of feel like those flocked toy horses that are everywhere.  You know, the hollow plastic ones?  A lot of those are fairly cheap and their flocking reflects that, but even the nicer ones don't have super flocking (don't get me wrong, I actually love those flocked horses, other than MLP they were some of my favorite childhood toys).  But So Softs are sooooo different!!  I was amazed when I first touched Shady (who I got before Gusty) because she really didn't feel anything like those horses!  She was so much fluffier, even though she does have some flocking loss.  When I got Gusty, she felt even more amazing because her condition is better!

I think I know those cheap flocked horses you're talking about  :biggrin:  I had one as a kid and the flocking really didn't feel nice at all. Sure glad to hear that so-softs are far better than that!  :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 09:49:33 PM »
So-Softs are awesome and they feel so nice. I don't have any yet (as I am bent on starting that part of my herd with Twist) but I owned Gusty and Shady when I was a kid and they were some of my favorites, plus DD owns Scrumptious and North Star and I uh...sometimes go into her room to pet them. :ninja:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 09:57:35 PM »
Just did the cat nose test my kitty looked at me like wth!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »
Just did the cat nose test my kitty looked at me like wth!

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »
Lol, so many confused kitties :lol:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
I love rubbing so soft's feet! like right on the bottom, seems to be the fuzziest spot.

Oh my gosh!! I completely forgot that as a kid I used to rub my fingertips in a circular fashion right on the bottoms of their feet, in the little groove. It was very therapeutic somehow, like squeezing one of those stress balls or petting a cat/dog.

Which brings me to the next point.

Or like that spot on top of a kitten's nose where the hair changes direction. ^.^ I don't have any flocked toys to compare with either.

I just rubbed that spot on my cat's nose tonight, as I do every night, and it DOES. I think I am going to get out my minty SS Lofty tomorrow and stroke her flocked feet.  ^.^

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 03:49:46 PM »
I've not hung around with other flocked toys but So Softs are my faaaaavorite.
Like they do get grimey and dirty easily, and can be hard to clean, but when you got a decent looking one
they make the best stim toys. (For me anyway, I have a SS Satin and Lace who may be going to a new home and thus
is at my computer desk...definitely helps with stressful times. I'm considering getting another SS for this purpose.)
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »
I will totally second that you need to spend a little more to get one that is as minty as possible and aim for the first set as its a softer and longer fuzziness :P When they are in poorer condition the flocking can become a little scratchy unfortunately.

Good luck tracking them down...as soon as you have met one I am sure you will quickly be looking to add more.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal