collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who regrets not buying a toy you wanted?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
Who regrets not buying a toy you wanted?
« on: February 14, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »
OK so, I make this post so you people tell me what you regret not buying...

Up to this day, I regret not buying (or making me mum pay for) a blythe doll that was being sold at the flea market.
I remember how the doll was, even if this happened when I was like 6 years old. The person was selling a lot of toys (they buy second hand toys by bulk and sell them at flea markets) and this man was selling a blythe doll for 10 dollars. He tried showing people that the doll had this hella rad awesome mechanism that made her eyes change, but no one was interested in the doll as it was old, and the hair very dirty. I remember taking the doll and checking it, I did check her head and made her eyes change. It was a kenner blythe. being sold at 10 dollars. I remember because I collected kenner's littlest pet shop and noticed the body mentioned kenner. Everyone belittled the doll as they passed and I asked my mother to buy it to me because I collected kenner toys. She said the doll was too expensive (HA HA HA) and refused it. She remembers the doll too and the brand and all that. Up to this day I regret not making a tantrum for it.

UnU

Also, there used to be a second hand shop for toys and collectibles and they sold G1 ponies between 2 and 10 dollars
They had a huge shelve full of ponies. I regret not checking which were rare. I remember I bought a yellow princess pony (pristine or something)

So, What do you regret not buying??

[bumping over to OT since it's general toys and not pony-specific ~Kiwi]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:57:22 PM by Kiwi »
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Who regrets not buying a toy you wanted?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »
Can't think of any ponies, but as for my other collections, I reaaally regret not buying the Japanese-exclusive Sylvanian Families white cat family back when it was slightly less hard to find. >.< I dithered about whether or not to buy them for years (I have no idea why), and then *of course* when I decided to go after them, all the Japanese SF sellers closed up shop. @_@ So who knows if I'll ever find them now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 04:39:29 PM »
Can't think of a toy at the moment - but there was a book. My list said I didn't have it, and I should've trusted that... instead I second guessed myself and didn't get the book (thinking I already had it).... have not seen it again yet. Grrr.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 01:43:17 AM »
My most recent regret is not picking up G2 Eve on ebay; she was in great condition and pretty cheap but I was like "She'll come up some other time, I'll get another pony instead". Lo and behold, she hasn't appeared again since, so no dolphin ponies for me. :cloud:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 06:51:11 AM »
I MH doll I really wanted but only saw once and never again.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 08:52:46 AM »
Mercu and Jupi when they first came out.

I could have gotton atleast one of them for $60.  Now they are nowhere to be seen.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 04:36:27 PM »
I regret not picking up the Pit Amiibo around Christmas and I regret not picking up two rare GCs for my birthday. I also regret not picking up a lot of rare muscle men for my boyfriend
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 03:14:00 AM »
I used to work in a toy department, and there are so many toys I regret not buying. As far as ponies go, I walked by the Breezies every day, and thought about buying them, but ended up passing. Other toys ... Toy Story plush. I have Woody and some less popular characters, but I never picked up Buzz, Jessie, or Bullseye. There are lots of character toys I wish I'd picked up, like Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, and Elmo PVC figures ... the kind of things my daughter loves to play with. There were some really great ones in the late 90s - early 2000s. I'm probably forgetting a lot, too. What did I buy? Video games.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 06:06:18 AM »
I regret not buying the Cherry Berry and Cherry Pie brushables when I saw them at Rite Aid.  I don't know if all Rite Aids are like this, or just the one by me, but they charge $8-9 dollars for a brushable and I've always thought that was pretty steep when I could get them at Walmart or Walgreens for like $5.  So I decided to leave them behind and get a blind bag because I didn't feel like spending that much on brushables and figured I could always get them at Walmart or Target or something later.  Of course, I never saw them again in stores...

I also regretted not getting the Breyer Paddock Pals unicorn when I was little.  I went through a (very brief)  phase where if a toy horse didn't have a brushable mane and tail, I didn't want it.  Several months later, I got really into Breyer and when I went back to that toy store looking for the unicorn, I was totally crushed when he wasn't there.  I never saw another one because the store stopped stocking Paddock Pals since it was their least popular Breyer line.  There's a happy ending though!  Last summer at Breyerfest I finally got my unicorn!  I found one at the swap meet and I was beyond excited.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 06:31:48 AM »
Cutie Princess. And that one was twice. Once when I was small and saw them in a store and then once I missed an ebay listing because I can't just stalk ebay all the time.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »
Mystic Babies Aubretia. When I was a child I got excited because those were "dragons I could take care of" (hoo boy, if How To Train your Dragon was released when I was 8 :P), but when I saw they were "MLP with dragons" (okay, I hated MLP when I was that age... I was in an "anti-girly" phase) I backed off.

Luckily I found her almost mint (only a scratch on her eye!) in a flea market, so...

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »
Me, every day about many things. I have missed out on so many clearance dolls and MH dolls because i think "ill buy it next week" then its gone fprever! Like Nefera, CA Cupid, Holt, and now im feeling it with Flower Wishes CMM I saw at TRU because its gone! Also so many Frozen dolls in the past when it came out, especially the LE dolls. So many amazing deals on ebay I say eh I'll pass then want it later. I could have gotten a LE Ariel for $200 ehich included free shipping, and a few times on the arena for that price but I waited too long!!!! :(

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 01:50:09 PM »
I suppose I regret not knowing more friends in the US over a decade ago.

I really, really wanted the giant Tyranitar and Entei plushies from the US Pokemon Center. When we phoned them, one staff member was happy to ship them out to us in the UK. But then her supervisor told her that she wasn't allowed to do it, even though they had apparently shipped to the UK before as 'special exceptions'. That was back when they were $100/180 each (can't remember the exact price). I'm now looking at around $2,000 just to get one :(

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 02:08:25 PM »
Back when the Pokemon Centre had an NY branch, they had some gorgeous Lugia and Celebi plushies. Of course, they didn't ship to the UK (still don't  :mad: ). I wish I'd bugged my parents about it more because the only Lugia plushies now are the chibi Pokedoll style which I don't like so much, and at the time they had friends that lived in the US that likely could have had them shipped to them.

The Digimon Adventure 01 style Digivices. They are Not Cheap now.

There are a few Disney Store plushies I thought "I'll get that later", then they went and closed the three stores nearest me. The nearest one is an hour and a half drive away, and last time I went it was 80% baby and toddler clothing, and the 20% that was merchandise was mostly Marvel and Star Wars than original Disney (I'd mind less but you can get that sort of thing at all other toy stores!)

And, one I let get away - I had a Sega Megadrive II. Complete with box and instructions, and boxed versions of Sonic 1 and 2, and some other games. I let my parents trade it for a PS1 and a handful of games :cry:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 02:19:27 PM »
Remember when the non mane 6 Playful Ponies were still in stores?

......I do. /sulk
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal