collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81353 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »
Haha, thanks. I was trying so hard to talk myself out of this sale, but with the price inflation, TRU will probably never have a 3 for $30 again. Even if s/he's my favourite Nintendo character, Robin (and Amiibo in general) isn't worth $16, so it had to be now.

A KH line would be really cool. I would still like to see a Mother line but I know we won't get anything more than Ness.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:38:19 PM by aluke »

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2015, 03:58:24 PM »
Yeah. The current price range is just right for my wallet. Not too keen on paying more than that for them, though at this point I'll at least follow through with the last of my favorites through the Smash Bros. line I think (in for a penny, in for a pound I guess) since there aren't that many more that I'm after (Ganondorf mainly, to finish off the Zelda set).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2015, 07:35:14 AM »
Haha, thanks. I was trying so hard to talk myself out of this sale, but with the price inflation, TRU will probably never have a 3 for $30 again. Even if s/he's my favourite Nintendo character, Robin (and Amiibo in general) isn't worth $16, so it had to be now.

A KH line would be really cool. I would still like to see a Mother line but I know we won't get anything more than Ness.

I would love to see a KH line! Especially Days Organization 13.  Ha ha! Paula, Jeff and lets not forget Prince Poo XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2015, 06:01:48 AM »
One of my local Target stores had a large sign that said Rosalina Amiibo only at Target.  I go to Target a lot and I've never seen the Rosalina sign before. The person I was with and I started looking at the Amiibos hoping that we would find Rosalina. I've been waiting her since she came out but by the time I was able to get to the store they were sold out.  An employee came over and when she heard we were looking for Rosalina she said "Oh we've been sold out for a while." When the person I was with asked how long they'd been sold out. the employee said. "Oh since the day they came out."  The person I was with wanted to know why there was a big sign advertising Rosalina if they didn't have any.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2015, 06:07:00 AM »
I've wondered the same thing about the Rosalina sign.  Every Target has been sold out of her since the day she was released, but they keep the signs up.  That's false advertising!  Same with their website! :stressed:
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2015, 06:10:23 AM »
Ive seen those Rosalina and Luma amiibo signs/displays over the amiibo reddit and i think my store got one too LOL a little late, Target! xD If i see one im going to ask to take it home that way i have something Rosalina amiibo! She is still my amiibo grail atm. So my gold mario order at work got pulled to fullfill preorders online.... Lala is sad!:(

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 23, 2015, 02:22:46 PM »
Sorry you didn't get your gold Mario La La. I'm glad that my Target isn't the only one with the Rosalina signs but I agree if they don't have any they shouldn't have a big sign advertising her.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2015, 08:21:10 PM »
8 of the Walmarts in my area got another box (of 4) Gold Mario amiibos today, so it seems like some are actually restocking it!  So if you're still looking for it check online.  It doesn't look like you can order it online but you can confirm if they have it in stock.

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2015, 08:46:31 PM »
So, in five days, I have seven Amiibo...not permanently though.

The customer service rep at TRU absolutely refused to do a one for one exchange. She said I could only return my one Amiibo for the price I paid, and then re-buy Yoshi for the full retail price....Yeah, I've never worked retail, but I'm pretty sure that's not how an exchange should work. :blink: She was completely oblivious that the 3 for $30 deal was even on when the flier advertising it was right in front of her, so I have my doubts about her ideas on TRU's exchange policy (especially when the electronics employee said I should be able to swap the new Amiibo I bought no problem).

That's where the new Amiibo come in. That was the only TRU in my area that had SSB Yoshi, so I wanted to buy one and take it to another TRU and try my luck there. If they say no too, I'll at least have Yoshi for $10, and can return my five extras.

I feel like I'm catching up with all this Amiibo hunting drama/hassle. Nintendo genuinely has us wrapped around their finger tips, don't they? :help:

Kitkumi- Haha, I think that's the biggest trap. Initially, I wanted Robin and Lucina, but then I wanted Ike, and if I had those three it would be wrong to not have Marth...am I relieved I decided to just stick to Robin (albeit I do want two to turn one into female Robin). Hopefully the States doesn't raise Amiibo prices on you before you can get Ganon.

Leave a Whisper- Haha, yes! Earthbound gang represent. Though the real grails for me would be Lucas and Claus.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2015, 08:11:27 AM »
So, in five days, I have seven Amiibo...not permanently though.

The customer service rep at TRU absolutely refused to do a one for one exchange. She said I could only return my one Amiibo for the price I paid, and then re-buy Yoshi for the full retail price....Yeah, I've never worked retail, but I'm pretty sure that's not how an exchange should work. :blink: She was completely oblivious that the 3 for $30 deal was even on when the flier advertising it was right in front of her, so I have my doubts about her ideas on TRU's exchange policy (especially when the electronics employee said I should be able to swap the new Amiibo I bought no problem).

That's where the new Amiibo come in. That was the only TRU in my area that had SSB Yoshi, so I wanted to buy one and take it to another TRU and try my luck there. If they say no too, I'll at least have Yoshi for $10, and can return my five extras.

I feel like I'm catching up with all this Amiibo hunting drama/hassle. Nintendo genuinely has us wrapped around their finger tips, don't they? :help:

Kitkumi- Haha, I think that's the biggest trap. Initially, I wanted Robin and Lucina, but then I wanted Ike, and if I had those three it would be wrong to not have Marth...am I relieved I decided to just stick to Robin (albeit I do want two to turn one into female Robin). Hopefully the States doesn't raise Amiibo prices on you before you can get Ganon.

Leave a Whisper- Haha, yes! Earthbound gang represent. Though the real grails for me would be Lucas and Claus.

That is absolutely not how it should work. If something is defective then they need to let you exchange it provided its the same price/product.

I've only played the SNES Earthbound and it was insanely fun and quirky. So I have no idea about Lucas and Claud
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2015, 03:23:20 AM »
Well, good news is I got Gold Mario just now! My husband and I just got paid, its our routine to go to Walmart and get munchies right when we get paid. We found some gold mario!!!! We were nice and bought only one LOL.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2015, 03:56:09 AM »
Not amiibo related but I walked to GameStop yesterday for the mm 3ds.  Every store got four unfortunately they didn't get the stock in yet.  Later my work amiibo budy called and they had two left so we ran there.  I can't believe I got a new system.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 26, 2015, 05:56:09 AM »
@Lala - Congrats on your gold mario :D Always nice to find the amiibo you are looking for on the store shelf, especially if it is rare!

@kakenterprise - And congrats on your new system! Isn't it absolutely beautiful? The Zelda inspired systems are always awesome.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 26, 2015, 08:01:23 AM »

That is absolutely not how it should work. If something is defective then they need to let you exchange it provided its the same price/product.

I've only played the SNES Earthbound and it was insanely fun and quirky. So I have no idea about Lucas and Claud

Yup, it turned out to be the employee just being very misinformed, or being too lazy to insert some extra numbers. The next TRU gave me absolutely no hassle about making an exchange. I have my Yoshis (ended up getting SMB Yoshi too, oops) now.  ^.^

Lucas and Claus are from Mother 3, which is Japan exclusive so I can understand not knowing them. I only learned about Mother 3 because of Brawl. It has been fully translated by fans though if you're ever in the mood to play it on emulator/need something to watch on Youtube. It's kind of different than Earthbound, but has the same humour and is seriously the most amazing story you can find in a game. Just, if you do watch it, be very ready to cry.

kakenterprise- Ah congrats on the MM 3DS! It looks so amazing. I'm glad they are releasing more of them, especially because limited edition 3DS never seemed to be rare before this one (I got my Oot 3DS like a month after it's release).

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2015, 03:56:53 PM »
So apparently wave 4 is going to be released at the end of May. 

A ton of new Amiibo were announced including plush yoshis! They are going to be my downfall, I want all three.

Most importantly (to me), Lucas will be a Sm4sh DLC and amiibo!!! :hearts:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal