collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with fashion packs  (Read 750 times)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Problem with fashion packs
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »
yup, i usually have to take off the forearms when i dress my dolls

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 03:17:11 PM »
How much dare I pull to pop them off? Opie's arms were attached kind of tightly.

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 12:13:18 AM »
When they come straight from the package, the plastic is stiff. My Skelita's joints didn't move at all until I forced them (warmed them up) and now they're fine. Just hold firmly by the upper arm (biceps and humerus part) so you don't put force on the shoulder joint, which is not supposed to come out (the exception being create-a-monsters of course.) Also try twisting the forearm around first to loosen it.  If it still gives you problems after 2-3 times, use sandpaper/emery board very lightly on the peg until it works.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 01:34:57 AM »
Thanks for the tip Angelkitty1 I am so nervous that I'll break Opie's arms if I try, so I have been extra careful. I'll warm her up first and see if that makes it easier, when I redress her at some point. Now she is wearing her deluxe fashionpack, finally.

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »
First time I ever had to take an arm off was to get Robecca's gauntlet off of her. So far Jinafire hasn't had her dress taken off her and Ghoulia hasn't had a problem with clothes.

Absolutely terrifying, I totally agree.

Shahaila

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
Nana-Rena gratz on mustering the courage to do what you had to do to get that dress on! LOL.  Like you I also terrified of the whole popping off pieces, you and and I must be of the same doll era LOL.  I actually had my friend's daughter change my spare Ghoulia because I did not want to break her.  Finally a about a week and an half ago I got Skelita.  As many have noted in order to get her knee joint working properly I had to pull out her legs .... I was TERRIFIED but did it (she works perfectly now).  Lucky for me her hands pop on and off very easily because for some reason I love dressing this doll in all kinds of outfits.  I am getting more comfortable with the whole thing, but it still makes me wince in fear of breaking my dolls.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »
Shahaila: That sound so frightening! Pulling Skelita's legs that is! I don't think I could! I am only getting used to dressing my ghouls. I almost chickened out and didn't dress in her lovely Fashion Pack. Then I took the advice in this thread and overcame my terror.

Now Opie is naked no longer!

Shahaila

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 01:00:28 PM »
Shahaila: That sound so frightening! Pulling Skelita's legs that is! I don't think I could! I am only getting used to dressing my ghouls.
It was beyond terrifying, especially because that was the first time I ever personally dismembered any of my MH dolls to dress or do anything else with.  Let me tell you though, after doing that pulling out the hands to dress her was only 1/2 scary LOL.

May your Opie get to enjoy many more new outfits.  Would love to see a pic of your Opie in her new dress  :)

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »
Will do! I'll post tomorrow in better lighting. that will be a nice break from work. i work from home.

Post Merge: March 26, 2013, 04:55:43 AM

Here is Opie all dressed up. I'm not much of a photographer, so the pictures are arther unimaginative, but they do the job.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She isn't wearing her other earring yet, I need to pierce her ear better before that and I'm mustering the courage for it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:55:43 AM by Nana-Rena »

Shahaila

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 07:19:12 AM »
She looks awsome!  Thanks so much for posting the pics.  Makes we want to run out and get the fashion pack to see how that dress would look on Skeli LOL.  She got her new dress in the mail yesterday - Cleo's Scaris dress - and she is wearing it with the Lagoona fashion pack clear blue shoes that wind up the leg, she looks great!  I have so much fun dressing that doll that it frightens me LOL.  If I had a means of getting pics online (yes I am technologically challenged) I would take a pic of her and put her on the Picture thread so you could see her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal