collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help! I have some poorly MH girls.  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
Re: Help! I have some poorly MH girls.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 04:09:27 AM »
Try a mr clean magic eraser for stains It may work. I got a 1st wave clawdeen pet and all complete on there for little to nothing because they didnt know what they had... the spots came off like magic. not sure what stain is on your doll but good luck with that. try wd40 on arm than pull with pliers (im a bad speller excuse me) hope this helps. looks like sid off toy story found these dolls.
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline TheFuzz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »
I had a Frankie with an arm peg stuck in there; I just drilled it out and put a new arm in it. Good as new! (Yes, it really was that easy) It's good to have extra parts around, but it looks like all you got is parts, lol. The Mattel site has a section for replacement parts, you can get some arms from there, although the selection isn't great.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 06:47:41 PM »
You could Break the other leg off that nef and restring them with the elastic band tutorials someone linked it may work just use a thick elastic band cut the ends to a point or try to feed it through with thread and needle. For broken pegs try to find a really small size screw or nail and see if you can lodge the peg onto it and try to pull it out? Those are the best tips I have or the small drill as suggested by others. I don't have a Nef doll to yank her leg off and see but if its anything like the others the Elastic restringing may work not sure though how it would attach to leg may have to jerry rig something up. If you are going just for display purposes. If it's for hardcore play purposes just part the dolls out yourself because they won't survive a good lashing again LOL.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:49:32 PM by kaskurgi »

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 07:21:36 PM »
Oh!  I suggest you buy a Nocturnal CAM Add-On pack and use the neon orange arms to replace Toralei's, that way when/if you paint them orange, and the joints start to show (which they will) it'll be orange showing through, and not blue or purple or some other miss match color!

Thanks for the links I'll definitely have a read of them. The nocturnal cam would be the best the only problem is the cams appear to have a slightly bigger pin so it doesn't fit flush to the arm but maybe I could shave it down a bit.

Would acrylic paint be best to use?

Thanks everyone for the help  :)

In my opinion, it's easier to open the arm hole, than it is to shave down the pegs of your CAMs.  Fitting CAM arms to a regular doll is pretty simple, actually.  You are probably gonna end up opening up the arm hole when you pull that broken peg out, anyway.

All you need is a power drill and a drill bit SLIGHTLY bigger than hole in the arm.  You only need to open the holes a tiny bit.  Better to open them little by little than to make the hole too big!  My only concern here is if you find Toralei's arms and want to go back to using "regular" doll arms :huh:  I'm not sure you could go back like that.......something to think about.  Maybe modding the CAM arms is better than modding the doll itself......

Anyway!  I'm not sure about what paint to use on the body.  People use acrylic on the heads, I know, but when it comes to the bodies, I don't know.  Hopefully someone who customizes their dolls will chime in!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

kaskurgi

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »
Not to thread jack but I was working on putting together a Cleo just now since this made me dig out some things I found at Thrift stores and the Cleo is a Wave 1 Signature but any arms I stick into her elbow sockets just fall out LOL *scratches head* Never encountered this problem. Figured I would post here since just starting a new thread would be kinda pointless specially when the topic is kinda fitting :)

Tried a CAM's Arms up to the elbow and they don't fit I guess the rubber inside got borked up?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:39:59 PM by kaskurgi »

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 02:03:11 AM »
Update, yesterday I was busy. I found the CaM Nocturnal add on pack at argos reduced so I bought that for Toralei. When I got home I drilled into the arm with the peg stuck in and made the arm pegs on the add on pack smaller; she now has (almost) matching arms and a tail. I think I probs won't paint the arms just put her in something long sleeved  :biggrin:

Venus got her head put back on so I just need to find her some forearms and hands, I will have a look on the Mattel website. Since I already have a Venus but would also like to keep this one I'm going to find an epic dress for her to wear  :biggrin:

Here's Venus she's borrowed some arms for the time being   :)

Just needs those marks gone, I think I will buy some magic erasers off ebay.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 06:20:44 AM »
magic erasers can be bought at any dollar store, walmart almost any retail store that sells cleaning stuff good luck hope this works for you. a brown perm marker or what ever color her strips are would work well, but im not much for repainting of doing ooak dolls, so my advice for the marker may be a mistake.
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Jemstar666

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:12 AM »
Blimey! poor dolls! if my kids did anything like that to their dolls, i'd kill em! Glad you fixing them up, Torali looks great!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 06:36:55 AM »
Poundland and Tesco sell magic erasers :)

Best of luck fixing them all up! can't wait to see the rest of them :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 08:44:52 AM »
I'd never give my kids dolls if they did that once..  They look like they needed a nice rescue!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal