collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need cell phone advice!  (Read 687 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Need cell phone advice!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 11:08:38 AM »
If you're asking me, I would say to look at the true economic cost of a new phone. 

First, PLEASE recycle your old phone!  There are materials on the circuit board that can be recycled for new phones, otherwise they have to mine it from gorilla habitats in the Congo using child labor.  :(  The little kids fit down the mine shafts better. 

Secondly, given what we as consumers know about Apple's manufacturing, do you really want to support their business model?  Can you look at your phone and feel proud about the manner in which your phone was made for you? 

I suppose we don't know much about Samsung's manufacturing practices but Apple and Foxconn have been high-profiled in the international community lately. 

I know my thoughts matter little here, as you've already said you want to upgrade "just because you can", and not because your phone no longer functions.  But I will never support Apple products myself after the numerous offensive business decisions they have made. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »
I say get the iphone. You'll have an easier time transitioning to a smartphone by going to it rather than an android phone because you already have an ipod touch. Also, as others have said, all of your apps will be transferable.

I sell cellphones at Walmart as a job, and I personally prefer the iphone myself.

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 01:05:43 PM »
I'd get the iphone. Samsung wouldn't fix my phone that broke after 6 months and was under warranty. They said it must have been "dropped in the toilet or left out in the rain." Then tried to charge me $130. Terrible customer service. I have a Droid now, but I have several friends that love their iphone.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 06:28:13 AM »
Lots of good advice so far :) I have a Droid Razr Maxx. The battery life is amazing :) If you are concerned about your music on an android phone I love the Google Music app. It will upload all of your songs to the cloud so you don't have to worry about downloading them to your phone and wasting space on it :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline EienMau

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 04:43:52 PM »
I'd get the iphone. Samsung wouldn't fix my phone that broke after 6 months and was under warranty. They said it must have been "dropped in the toilet or left out in the rain." Then tried to charge me $130. Terrible customer service. I have a Droid now, but I have several friends that love their iphone.

Funny thing.. that's what AT&T tried to say about mine when it started acting up.. they were so surprised when they opened it up and the water indicator was just fine _-_ (I baby my phones.. seriously.. I'm SO careful with them)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal