collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Inspire me :)  (Read 447 times)

SheRa-dude

• Trade Count: (0)
Inspire me :)
« on: May 21, 2012, 03:30:52 AM »
I'm looking to pick up a new hobby, something to share with the world and something educational and fun.

I was thinking of launching a website where people can follow me for a year in what I'd like to call "the positivity project (or experiment)", on which I post daily about committing yourself to thinking positively and constructively, for an entire year.

Any other thoughts on fun yet informative website ideas?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Inspire me :)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:01:17 AM »
What are you already interested in? A website will be more fun if you are enjoying working on it. A new hobby similar to your current hobbies would probably be one you would have the most fun with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:46:37 AM »
I agree with Kat, pick something you enjoy and can stick with. I know it can be hard to stick with a project day after day, especially if you aren't enjoying it anymore.

You could always do it on a current hobby - I've seen blogs on knitting, customs, etc - sharing new techniques, projects, etc. :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SheRa-dude

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:59:43 AM »
Thanks for the input, people!

Here's my personal interests, in core terms:

self development
spirituality (without the over-the-top magical thinking)
constructive approach to difficulties
PTSD awareness
Autism awareness
Depression awareness
MLP
My Blue Nose Friends
Jung Archetypes
Mindfulness
Art therapeutic practices

I'm trying to fuse all of these together in a light, fun yet informative way. Not an easy task, but do-able, I'm sure! The last thing I want is to stress out people at the end of their work day with dry, boring posts.

Again, thanks to anyone helping out with this :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:02:45 AM by SeabreezeBigBro »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
If youre going ot stick with something for a year, make sure its something that motivates you. Are you comfortable with creating and maintaining webpages? Is that your nitche? Or is it just an idea and you arent sure?  Html can be fun but frustrating at the same time.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
That's quite a list there.  Have you ever read the book "The Tao of Pooh"?  It always intrigued me how the author could roll a serious discussion on Taoism into an allegory based on a beloved children's book.  Maybe finding a similar parallel between your spiritual and awareness orientations and other interests?  Does that even make sense?  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SheRa-dude

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 03:51:22 AM »
That's quite a list there.  Have you ever read the book "The Tao of Pooh"?  It always intrigued me how the author could roll a serious discussion on Taoism into an allegory based on a beloved children's book.  Maybe finding a similar parallel between your spiritual and awareness orientations and other interests?  Does that even make sense?  XD

Yes, that does make sense :)
I've also been thinking about something along those lines; I'll definitely check out the Tao of Pooh, thanks for the tip.

What is still unclear to me though, is to what extent can one use the copyrighted material (like characters, etc.) for such a thing? If I'm not mistaken, you're free to use others' material, as long as copyright owner is clearly stated and as long as you don't get financial gain from it (so only educational purposes). I'm not an expert on this. Does someone know how it all works?

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 04:00:15 AM »
Well, since this is a blog at this stage, I don't think you have more to worry about than the girl who has a tumblr full of FiM GIFs or a the guy who tells us what he thinks about last night's Simpsons and Family Guy on his blog.  They're not making a capital gain by "using" the characters.

Here's a link to info about Fair Use under the copyright laws, which provides for both critical and educational use: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal