collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I call it Kia or Sedona?  (Read 1552 times)

Online Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
Should I call it Kia or Sedona?
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »
I work for a car repair center.  We've all heard the stories of kittens crawling up in the engines of cars and getting stuck.  Today, it happened at work.  I am now in the posession of an adorable, long haired grayish tabby kitten.  We don't know how long it was in the engine, sitting out in the lot, but four repair techs and I tried for several minutes to get it out before I crawled under the car and pushed it up to where they could reach it. 
I'm taking the very stressed out little darling home tonight in hopes that the car owner is missing their kitten.  If it's not theres, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It's coming home with me tonight for sure!

So, should I call it Kia, or Sedona?  I'm kind of leaning towards Sedona.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Should I call it Kia or Sedona?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »
I like Sedona!  I'm glad she's okay, and I hope her owner is found!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
Sedona!  Aww poor thing!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »
Aww! Good for you taking her home...I like Kia! But Sedona is cute...safe to assume thats the make/model she was found in?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:54:32 PM »
I think Sedona sounds pretty, but I'm the type that names based on the animal's personality, so it's hard for me to say if it "fits".
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »
I like Kia better myself. Which one suits her best?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Online Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 06:31:16 PM »
Yup, she was discovered in a Kia Sedona! Which is weird, because I work at a Ford dealership service center.

Neither name really suits her, but that's really okay because she's not staying. While I love her spirit, Misty can't stand having another cat in the house.  She's not a happy camper. I'm giving Misty lots of attention, treats, and play time, but she's still rewarding me with the occasional hiss, evil glare, and low growl. I just purchased some Feliway, so that will hopefully help both of them through the night.

Kitten is being adorable and totally amazing.  She didn't scratch or bite when we removed her from the engine or the two times she got stuck at my house. She cried for about an hour, then settled down and started purring. She's got a loud meow and a loud purr to match.  I gave her a little canned food (Wellness chicken) and she wolfed it down so fast I was afraid she'd get sick.  I'll give her a little more after her bath.

Oh yes, Sedona is getting a bath.  She's covered in engine grime >_<  We'll see how that goes.  If she patiently puts up with it, I just might keep her and not take her to a rescue.

Here's a video of her running around my bathroom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLTJOR8zoc&feature=youtu.be

And, photos of the darling.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »
Aww she's adorable. From looking at her I'd say definitely more of a Sedona. Kia seems a name for a sleeker furred kitty, in my mind.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 08:19:13 PM »
Ohhhh my goodness. If i lived near you I would come steal her in a heartbeat! She is adorable. >_<

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 08:34:28 PM »
OMG adorable!!!

Online Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 06:17:58 AM »
Holy cow, this is the best kitten I've ever met.  He let me trim all of his nails before the bath without a fuss. I just picked him up, plopped him down in the water, shampooed his pretty fur, turned on the faucet and rinsed.  No scratches, no biting, one escape attempt. After he looked like a drowned rat, I pulled out the blow dryer and dried him off.  Again, only one escape attempt.

Oh yes, during the bath, I discovered he's a boy.  It was much easier to tell when the fur could be moved out of the way!

He's got the prettiest fur.  It's crimped! And he has little leopard spots on his belly and tan stripes on his sides.  Poor baby was filthy from the engine grime.  The water coming off him when I rinsed was brown/black.

The bath was followed up by lots of purrs and cuddles. He loves being brushed too.  I really wish I could keep him.  He's the sweetest kitten.

Unfortunately, he can't come home with me tonight.  I've put in calls to three cat rescues and am waiting for a call back.  If nobody calls back, I'm afraid I'll have to take him to the shelter.  Don't worry, I'll keep checking on him there to make sure he gets adopted and take him out before anything bad happens.

Fingers crossed that Sedona gets a loving new home soon!

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 08:04:36 AM »
Oh what a darling! He's totally adorable :) It's a shame you can't keep him, but understandable. Please do keep an eye on him in rescue, just incase though!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Online Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »
Please pardon the tense change in this post.  I started typing it yesterday, but ran out of time to post it and saved it for later.  Today, I finished it, but now it’s in the past tense instead of present! Oops :shrug:

Holy cow is this kitten insane! He is dangerously curious, wants loads of attention, and eats like a pig.

So, I called work today to ask what they wanted me to do, come in late and drop him off at the shelter (which opens at the exact time I'm supposed to arrive at work), or bring him in with me and drop him off on my lunch break.  My totally awesome manager told me to bring him in.  I got to play with this lovingly loud little kitten all day! He was quite the distraction for everyone, but we got a kick out of him.

One of the guys in parts recently broke up with his girlfriend and she took their cat.  He's been heartbroken without a pet around (seriously, he misses the cat more than her!), so I carried Sedona over to him and suggested he take her home.  He kept saying he'd think about it and he might do it, but he wasn't sure.  When it got to be around 1, I gave him an ultimatum; kitten needed food and I was going to the pet store to get it some or I was going to the pound to drop it off and let them feed it if he didn't want it.  He chose the pet store ;)

This kitten is quite the escape artist.  I couldn’t leave him in the office while I ran to the pet store because there was only one other lady there and she couldn’t ring out customers and watch Sedona, so he came with me. He squirmed out of the carry case again and ran behind the popcorn tin/trash can I keep on the passenger side floor and started crying.  I thought he was fine there and would snatch him up when I wasn’t driving. A few seconds later, the crying was suddenly coming from behind my radio controls. I pulled the car over into the first parking lot I was near and pushed the popcorn tin aside; no kitten.  That little bugger had climbed up into my dashboard from under the glove box!  I had a panic moment, then laid down and looked up in my dashboard.  He was happily sitting on a bracket, blinked his eyes at me, and started climbing higher.  When I tried to grab a foot or anything to keep him down where I could see him, he squirmed away.  Then, the crying came from my glove box.  I opened it and out tumbled the naughty boy! I scolded him thoroughly, put him in the carrier, and made it safely to the pet store without any further escape attempts.

Sedona wolfed down his food so fast pieces were flying.  Poor baby is kind of underweight, but he’ll be nice and plump soon!  The rest of the day was spent holding the carrier closed with one hand and typing with the other.  At 4:30, Parts Dude came to my desk and said he’d pull up his car for Sedona.  I put the carrier (now upside down so kitty was sitting on the part where he was getting out) in the car and said goodbye to my naughty little rascal.

I'm so glad he found a good home.  It’s just a bonus that I work with the person who took him, so I’ll still get updates and photos!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:23:57 AM by Eskara1862 »

Offline DemonicSymphony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 01:16:24 PM »
He looks like he has a ton of Maine Coon in him. He's ADORABLE. Glad he's gone home with someone who will love him!
I rescue unwanted plushies. PM me for details!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
Aw, I'm glad he has a home! (To be honest, I was going to consider taking him in if the rescues weren't going to call you back. )

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal