collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Early memory regression/recovery query...anyone got experience?  (Read 628 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
I've just been reading through Hathorcats' Best Pony Memories thread. So many wonderful stories!

I've been sat here trying to think of a nice pony memory from when I was a child and...I can't! :(
I can remember...
- playing with my ponies behind the sofa when I wanted to be alone
- my Dad ripping the head off Cotton Candy (he thought it was funny <_< )
- my Nan buying me Tiny Bubbles but I didn't like my Nan at all and remember thinking I shouldn't let her buy me a toy as I didn't like her
- receiving the Apple Delight family after my parents told me we were moving to the other side of the country - I was upset cos I didn't want to go
- my Dream Castle, Show Stable, Lullaby Nursery, BBSoD, accessories, ponywear and a few ponies all laid out on the table in the dining room while people came in the house to buy them (we didn't have the room to keep them as we were moving)

Now I had a lot of ponies, I know I must have had positive times with them as I adored them all. I didn't have a bad chidhood at all, I remember playing with my Julips and Flower Fairies. So why the heck can't I remember my ponies?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can tap into these good memories? I've tried in the past thinking of a pony and working out what memories I had with it such as when I got it but I'm just stuck. And frustrated! I'm hopefully looking at some old family photos in the next few weeks but I have looked at them in the past few years and I think if there were any pics of me with my ponies as a child I would have grabbed them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Early memory regression/recovery query...anyone got experience?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »
I wish I had something more helpful.  I had a friend who went through something like this, and she saw her therapist about it.  They went through a few techniques that got her to a satisfactory level.  I don't know exactly what they did, though.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:45:55 PM »

HOW is that funny!? What was he thinking!?  :stressed:

I remember my brothers singing "My little pony, skinny and boney, I'll always hate you!" and then stealing the ponies and throwing them down the stairs  :cry:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
Maybe try playing with them again? That might trigger some old memories.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26:42 PM »
I remembered a moment! Last night in bed, chatting to my OH about this and then I have a flashback of holding my Honeysuckle and 'flying' her out the bedroom, was literally a second or two but I was so chuffed to remember even that!

My Dad had issues about things that may have been funny to grown-ups but sure as heck weren't funny for a four year old child <_< I know there were other things he did like pretending to throw ponies away, but I don't remember any of that. Thankfully!

I was thinking about going to a councillor for some other issues but I went to quite a few as a teenager and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. I also had a half-hour session with one a few months back too, but she sat there and told me how I should be feeling. Now I'm sure it's not supposed to work like that unless I got confused and she thought I was the councilor :lmao:

I'm going to sit down when I get a moment and try and list all the ponies I had as a child, when I've done that I will try and remember the scenarios I set up with my ponies. I tried to remember without writing it all down but I'm just getting frustrated!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »
I would say try playing with them. Just see where it takes you. Also scent memory is very powerful so, it may sound odd, but make sure you get a quick wiff of that pony smell. Also think about why you like ponies now. Your happy memories don't all have to be from childhood. Adult warm fuzzy moments are just as valuable after all we were not all childhood collectors.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 05:09:10 AM »
I was just reading ThatFameMonsters' thread asking for an ID on Tutti Frutti, and I had a flashback of holding her and sniffing her to see if she smelt like fruit :D

I still haven't got down to writing my list of ponies I know I had yet as things have been hectic to the extreme but I think I'm remembering more :) It's weird though because I have TF now, and am on a casual lookout to get the one with reversed symbols, but I never remembered having her before.

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »
Pinkamena, that sounds pretty typical. I love my childhood ponies, too, but I can't remember any best moments either. Everytime I feel like I am remembering something, I feel like I am embellishing the memory somehow by telling it.

I remember stuff like brushing my ponies, being outside and colour changing my Seaflower's hair, but I can't remember any of the happiest times with them.

I do however remember a lot of the ponies my friend had. I just can't remember what the heck we did with all of our ponies  :P

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »
Your lucky you can remember it at all! I can only remember breaking one of flurrys wings!

I remember my brothers singing "My little pony, skinny and boney
My dad sung that as a joke when I was younger... Its rather funny now, but OMG throwing them down the stairs?

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »
I've had flashbacks when I have handled ponies, or seen other's pics. My childhood friend had loads of ponies, I had 3. We used to play for hours with them, I could only remember a handful she had. I recently saw a pic of Gusty and realised I had sat for ages in my pal's playroom making a cardboard cutout of Gusty and copying the markings from the actual pony! hadn't remembered that for probably 25 years! Also seeing pics of the G1 comics reminded me that I'd read some of them at my friend's house. Keep looking at pics and something will jog your memory.

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »
I wish I knew how to remember, too! I dont have ANY memories of ponies except a vague one of playing in the tub with them.... haha. I wish I could because I want to remember what ponies I had!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal