collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Job interview went well..... I think (see pg 2):)  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Going for a job interview the 22nd and need advice:) EXTRA QUESTION!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »
When it comes to clothes, I once asked a former coworker who used to work with recruiting people when I was going for a few interviews and she said she prefered people who were clean, proper and didn't show up in their sweatpants. Jeans would be ok as long as they're not slackertype. Avoid clevage, shortshort and party outfits and I think you'll be fine. I read somewhere that one should avoid red but I forgot why.

When I went I used a nice pair of pants, a t-shirt with no print and a sweater with zipper, all black and wore high heeled shoes. I almost always wear heels anyway because I'm short. I don't know if the cloths did the trick but I got the job which interview I had first. I also had my hair in a ponytail as not to look like I was hiding behind the hair but was "open for inspection" so to speak.

Ooh, tomorrow is the big day! Yaaay! Good luck!

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Going for a job interview the 22nd and need advice:) EXTRA QUESTION!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »
I read somewhere that one should avoid red but I forgot why.

I've read it's because when people see red, they think of intensity, passion, spite and aggression. So maybe not the best message to send :P

When I went I used a nice pair of pants, a t-shirt with no print and a sweater with zipper, all black and wore high heeled shoes. I almost always wear heels anyway because I'm short. I don't know if the cloths did the trick but I got the job which interview I had first. I also had my hair in a ponytail as not to look like I was hiding behind the hair but was "open for inspection" so to speak.

Ooh, tomorrow is the big day! Yaaay! Good luck!

It'll be around 77 degrees F (25 degrees C) so I'm trying to keep my outfit somewhat cool. Also it doesn't look like people wear anything fancy like suits or anything, it looks fairly casual. I've been thinking a bit about a royal blue strap top (wide straps) with a nice white cardigan (so the straps are hidden) and maybe my beige cotton slacks. But it might be too warm though :hot: . Not sure what else is appropriate. Unfortunately I don't have any nice tunic tops or anything like that, my wardrobe is mostly t-shirts, strap tops, cardigans, jeans and a few denim skirts and shorts. I have a nice long white skirt that stops mid-calf but perhaps it's too long or not professional enough???? I have a pair of blue pumps with a very small heel but am having problems finding them at the moment  :what: My hair is a little over shoulder length and it's really thin so since it'll be very hot, I was planning on putting it up using an ibis hair clip or a hair claw.

The problem is some websites recommend not wearing strap tops or t-shirts (or jeans) so I'm getting very unsure if my idea is not ideal :huh:

Thanks Beldarna, I'm really hoping to get the job this time :hope:

Post Merge: May 22, 2012, 05:18:46 AM

Ok so I just got home from my interview :) 

For the curious, I arrived on time and was really nervous (think they could tell but I mentioned it afterwards anyway and we laughed about it :lol: ). They were really nice and seemed to think even though I lack experience that I'm a good candidate for the job. They didn't see my Master's Degree as a problem (some companies have told me it means I'm too over qualified to be a Lab Tech), they saw it as a positive asset to the job. They asked me the dreaded "how much would you expect in salary" at the end of the interview and a tour of the labs and I answered minimum wage for a newly-educated Lab Tech as a starting point. No problem. They asked when could I start and I said "Tomorrow would work for me" :) I think they liked that and started saying that they should then call the 4 others and cancel their interviews :lol: I was the first one of the 5 called in, don't know if that's an advantage :huh: Also they asked if they could call my 1 of or maybe even both of my references from my trainee period and 3 month extension and I said that would be fine, I'm sure they're gonna sell me real good :)

They don't want to promise anything but they said they got a really good impression of me and will call tomorrow late afternoon with the decision :yikes:

I'm not counting on anything so as not to get too disappointed if it's a no but I'm glad it went well and that they saw the positives instead of focusing on my lack of experience :P

Post Merge: May 22, 2012, 05:20:17 AM

:bump:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:20:17 AM by ponybabe »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal