collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BJD confusion  (Read 832 times)

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
BJD confusion
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »
Have you ever wanted to buy a certain sculpt, but had no plans for it? You just loved the face?

For example, I really really want a Doll Love Xueying. She is gorgeous (IMO) but I have no idea what to do with her. No plans for hair or eyes or anything. My other dolls are based off of pre-existing characters, so I had the look planned out, and then went after the doll to match.

What should I do?

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: BJD confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:24:32 PM »
Up to you :) I just bought another Pullip - romantic Alice. No clue what in doing with her - but she's cute :B.  and honestly, I get most of my dolls on "oh pretty" impulse and figure everything else out later

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:36:12 PM »
I think I will order her on layaway and see if I can figure it out before she gets here ^w^

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:15:27 PM »
I'd go for it! More than once I've kicked myself for not buying a head or doll part, only to have it shoot up in price afterwards. Fickle hobbies~  >_<

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:39:56 AM »
OwO
I think I've got it!
I think I want to make her a victorian era... something...
I know I already have a victorian era character\doll, but she kinda does not count because A) she is a "chibi" embodiment of said character and is sort of an exaggeration and B) she wears circus-y attire and not "classic" victorian clothing.
Maybe with slight masquerade elements, depending on what I can find.
I still have no idea for eyes are hair or character, but at least I am making progress.

(slightly OT, but I realized that none of my characters are modern day. I have two set in the 1500s, two victorian and one ancient China\Japan. Lol, I guess I just find the past to be a better setting for me)

KiwiSquirtBottle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 02:19:24 AM »
Browns and coppers. :P With purples and teal to accent. And... Go! :D

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »
Ugh... The problem is that if I get her, I will want to get a love interest and that is sooooo much money.

That, and at two dolls mom is already concerned about me becoming a crazy doll lady >.> (she does not know about the other two on the way, or the one I bought my friend)

She says "having the ones based on the main characters of the story you are writing is pretty neat, but if you wanted to buy more, I would have to sit you down and have a serious talk with you. I mean, that is alot of money. I know on one hand it is like 'when will you ever have the extra money for things like this again', but still"

She said it very kindly and not in an acusing way, so I am not upset with her, and she does have a very valid point.

This is why I think I am going to limit my doll purchases to mintoncardinc so that I can use their layaway option and not get hit so hard each time I want something.

The only dolls I really want know are Xueying, a male companion, and a wolf anthro (be it an ever elusive LUTS wolffy or a mushroom peddler wolf)

Maybe I can stop myself after them ^w^

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 09:17:34 AM »
good luck with stopping....... :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal