collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghouls will continue in the hopes of becoming America's Next Top Monster?

Clawdeen
66 (12.6%)
Frankie
62 (11.8%)
Ghoulia
53 (10.1%)
Howleen
61 (11.6%)
Lagoona
64 (12.2%)
Nefera
77 (14.7%)
Spectra
75 (14.3%)
Toralei
67 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: May 01, 2012, 03:50:53 PM

Author Topic: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Her Diva On  (Read 9592 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Her Diva On
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 04:54:32 AM »
LOOK AT ALL THE DRAMA I HAVE CAUSED!!!!!!

Voting will remain open but I will assemble a panel in the event it is needed. View it as something akin to the American Idol judges who can save a contestant they feel has been booted unfairly.

It probably was a bit rash of me to change things partway through, but it does feel like some ghouls are getting votes cause they're favorites and nothing more. Howleen deserved first call out this week because she nailed the challenge, but Nefera won? I don't buy it!!! So, yea, the public will vote and the panel will intervene if we feel it necessary. There is no reason to be alarmed, people! The competition will still be fun as ever, and don't you forget it!

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »
Personally, I like the panel idea.  I feel like people are voting for their favorite dolls. Why is Ghoulia  in last place? I really don't get it.  :/  Howleen should have more votes. I have a gut feeling that Spectra is going to rock the next photoshoot. =D

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2012, 03:33:15 PM »
Maybe you could have it so that the panel is only given so many chances to save a ghoul? Like, they're allowed to save someone only in, say, two rounds, to prevent them from ignoring the poll. Not that each ghoul has two chances, but that the panel is only allowed to use their power twice overall. Just a suggestion...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2012, 03:49:10 PM »
It's not that hard to vote. I mean look at the composition, how is the doll portrayed? feelings? colour? focus? quality?
I liked Howleens pic the most due to the energy. But I'm an art student so I'm quite picky about art in general. :P
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
Haha, I just flat out disliked Howleen's picture. :P I think she nailed Pink and everything, but the picture itself wasn't that flattering. She looked... off somehow. I think it was her hair.

And I liked Spectra best because of her outfit. :D

I dunno... Maybe the voters have a different opinion? :3 That's just what I think~

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 04:42:56 PM by PandaBerryInSpace »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
I like the idea of keeping the votes in mind. And encouraging people to explain the pictures. So we can add those to the ultimate desicion. I think the point would be to keep the votes in mind. Why is Ghoulia in the bottom? Yadda yadda.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
I just think Nefera captured the spirit of the artist the best, plus it's a beautiful photo *shrug*

Offline SparklerGirl

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »

I just think Nefera captured the spirit of the artist the best, plus it's a beautiful photo *shrug*

I agree.  Howleen is already shorter than the rest of the girls, and the foreshortening of her limbs in the last photo made her look even shorter and stumpier.  She does not look like a model to me. 

Honestly, some of us are going to disagree on what constitutes a top photo, and it's not just because we're voting for our favorites, or that we don't understand the elements of design or composition.  I don't see the point in voting if it's already been predetermined that there is a "right way to vote."  Too bad, this was a fun idea and generated a lot of enthusiasm up front. 

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
To be honest, this HAS brought more people from the woodwork to actually give reason why they chose who they chose though! It's much more fun to see the opinions of more than a few people. :D

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
Honestly, I haven't posted much but at the same time all of the comments about "People are just voting for their favorite doll" make me kind of =/

Abbey is my favorite. I don't think I voted for her once. I look at each picture, I want to see how lovely each doll looks AND how well they can capture the spirit of the 'theme' for that week. Honestly, I don't feel like Howleen 'nailed' Pink at all. Maybe she got ONE side of Pink, but I preferred the dolls that captured the spirit of the Artist they were supposed to be representing, how well they made me think of the 90's (the early one's aren't something I remember fondly at all!), and how well the doll looked in the photo. I've voted for Ghoulia every single round but this one. Her photo just didn't speak to me - and when Tuneful simply says he wants someone 'gone' because he has to work to get the good photos. Well, not everyone is going to take a great photo in the first round.

I respect the hard work that has gone into this event, but, at the same time it just kind of feels like a slap in the face when the comments are "So and So is only winning because people are voting for their favorite dolls" or "I think so and so needs to be gone because she's so much trouble to photograph".  As SparklerGirl said, I don't really see a point in voting if there is already supposed to be a 'right' way to vote.

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »
This is just my thoughts, but I think we should just go with whatever ends up happening and have fun with it c:

The point is to look at Tuneful87's awesome photography and vote on which doll models the best, right? ^^ So we should do just that, and not argue about who's better than who or who's voting for who ^^

These pictures are part of why I got into MH, they really show off the dolls and how each individual one looks and stuff. It's because of that that I ended up getting my first MH doll and now I have a list of all the ones I want! LOL

Maybe I'm just being silly, but I think it's all getting more dramatic than it needs to be. We're voting on pretty pictures of dolls, not the next leader of the world! xD
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »
This is just my thoughts, but I think we should just go with whatever ends up happening and have fun with it c:

The point is to look at Tuneful87's awesome photography and vote on which doll models the best, right? ^^ So we should do just that, and not argue about who's better than who or who's voting for who ^^

These pictures are part of why I got into MH, they really show off the dolls and how each individual one looks and stuff. It's because of that that I ended up getting my first MH doll and now I have a list of all the ones I want! LOL

Maybe I'm just being silly, but I think it's all getting more dramatic than it needs to be. We're voting on pretty pictures of dolls, not the next leader of the world! xD

Your comments made me LOL! Love it!

I have decided on a final course of action which will be posted with the next challenge at some point this weekend.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2012, 02:11:30 PM »
Controversy or not, I reinstate the fact that this has brought up some different people to comment on the pictures. :D This is what makes it fun, seeing other's opinions.

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »
I'm so sorry about my earlier comment. What I said was incredibly rude. I was just in a bad mood that night.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
I'm so sorry about my earlier comment. What I said was incredibly rude. I was just in a bad mood that night.

What was rude about it?
I haven't heard a rude comment yet. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal