collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghouls will continue in the hopes of becoming America's Next Top Monster?

Clawdeen
66 (12.6%)
Frankie
62 (11.8%)
Ghoulia
53 (10.1%)
Howleen
61 (11.6%)
Lagoona
64 (12.2%)
Nefera
77 (14.7%)
Spectra
75 (14.3%)
Toralei
67 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: May 01, 2012, 03:50:53 PM

Author Topic: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Her Diva On  (Read 9578 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Her Diva On
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
I don't think Nefera should be in the top on this one. She's still taking great photographs, but it's not as strong as Torelei's this time.

And Spectra beaing Torelei? No way. Torelei has a much more versatile face. We don't see an ounce of her normal personality here, she's able to transform for a picture. Spectra on the other hand is so cold.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
Aellos, you totally get what the competition is about! I have a crazy idea, but let's see what everyone has to say about it. I'm thinking that for the duration of the challenge I'll let members vote for their favorites, but a 'panel' will decide who actually makes the cut. It would be several members, me in Tyra's place, of course!

I'd need other judges to help make the best decision, and we'd take members' votes into account as well. Since aellos and kam are so into this, I think I'd choose you two as my two Jay's. Do you accept?

The ghouls are dressed up for their Seven Deadly Sins shoot and I gotta be honest, they look SMOKING! Here's the lowdown:

Clawdeen: Wrath
Lagoona: Greed
Howleen: Gluttony
Nefera: Pride
Toralei: Lust
Spectra: Envy
Ghoulia or Frankie, depending on the verdict: Sloth

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
That next photo shoot sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it. :cheer:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »
oh geez tu ney, how could ghoulia ever NOT be PERFECT for sloth?! lol

GO HOME FRANKIE! lmao

and Clawdeen as Wrath?! you read my mind!
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 06:53:06 PM »
I think it kinda defeats the purpose of you having a poll for people to vote. Cause if you and 2 other people are gonna veto what everyone eles thinks. What's the point of having the poll?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
Well, right now it's running more like American Idol with the public voting versus America's Next Top Model where an actual panel decides and takes into account lots of factors such as past performance and potential. This week even though Ghoulia has the lowest votes, she's done better than Frankie in every challenge thus far. So it doesn't make sense to send her home for one poor photo when Frankie consistently hasn't done well. (And in truth, Frankie is a major pain to shoot compared to Ghoulia. Ghoulia can nail the photo in one shot when it takes Frankie several or more.)

And someone brought to my attention the idea of changing the vote so that members can only make one vote - the ghoul they want to see go home. That idea never even occurred to me. I'd like to try that out for the next challenge and see if that works. It seems to make more sense to me, and I wish I had thought of it myself.

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »
It is your decision not mine.

I also understand how it's works I watch AMTM every chance I get. I just think that to change it right in the middle doesn't make since to me. But again it is your topic and such. So it's your decision.

As for the whole Frankie being the worst all the time I don't agree there. Even on top model if they get it in the first shot they still take more.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »
Yeah, there HAVE been models who were voted off even after making great pictures. And someone with worse pictures stays.
Their past quality and such comes into play when they're in the last two. This girl takes pretty pictures but she has a boring face, but this girl has a great spark in pictures but fell short in a round or two.

Though I still feel people are voting for Spectra because she's a favorite doll, but that's still just me. DX

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »
i don't think tuneful would let the panel totally discount how the votes go. cause he flat out said it would still be taken into account.

i can see tuneful's frustration at seeing the dolls that are consistantly doing really nice photos with a lot of diversity going home and being left with dolls that aren't very good performers. heck, to me it even shows int he photos, cause Tuney makes EVERYONE look smashing! i mean come on, i OWN a NEFERA! a doll i've said i would NEVER own on about 90 billion message boards, and i got buried under mountains of fakies at all of them because one picture ONE PICTURE of Tuney's made me go gaga for that ghoulie! lol

i can see that people would be afraid of the votes totally discounted, but imagine Tuney, who is busting butt to take these gorgeous photos simply because he WANTS to and thought it'd be fun for us all to have to watch the fun ghouls get set to the side to take shots of the ones that are no fun for him to work with. :( i can vouch that it is no fun to have to work with models that refuse to work with you lol that's why i stuck to animals, architecture, nature, and myself (don't ask lol and no it's not "risque" in the slightest cause that would be nothing short of horrible, horible comedy lol)

Tuney's doing it for us and for that fact alone (and the fact we get inundated by amazing pics lol) i think Tuney should have more of a say in who leaves and who stays, he knows better than any of us who is and isn't working with him after all lol

as for changing it int he middle, i'm thinking of thise "season" as a practice season. and since most people have been voting for one only instead of all BUT the one they want to see leave i think the results are kinda messed up anyway :(

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 07:17:19 PM »
I like what kamakazee said.

Maybe we could keep the voting, but then either panel up or have everyone give critique between the bottom two Ghouls? In this case it wouldn't quite help though...since two very well performing Ghouls are in the bottom two.

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 07:30:25 PM »
I'm not trying to start an argument in any way.

He ask what people thought and I spoke. Now I feel like I'm getting jumped on because I wanted to say something.

I love the pics that Tuney takes. And I am in no way trying to say anything bad. Yes top model is a panel type show but he didn't start it that way. And there have been some that have been let go all because they were in the bottom.

Ye this time around is a learning curve type this round but I don't wanna feel like I'm voting for nothing either.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »
I'm definitely going to keep the voting open, but from now on members will only vote for the ghoul they want to see go home. I think myself and the panel will monitor things closely, and if we feel a ghoul really doesn't deserve to go home just yet, we may intervene and save her. But we'll save that as a last resort. That sounds a bit more fair, eh?

The main reason I don't think Nefera deserves to win is cause her damn feet won't feet into any shoes! Models can't be barefoot all the time. She's just so big that she can't fit into clothes most ghouls would wear.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 08:08:18 PM »
sorry sword pony, i really didn't mean to make you feel jumped on, really, really didn't *hug* i just know what it's like to do soemthing fun for people and quickly have it go south because people use it as a "favorites" instead of what it's supposed to be lol ... rather like american idol some times lol

and tuney, it ain't fair to dislike an awesome dolly model just cause she's got boats for feet ... how do you THINK they got up and down the Nile! lol ... that and i've got size 12's to stand on so you really wanna go there? lol it just means more surface area is taken up when my foot hits yer bum for the foot comment! lmao but i totally feel ya ... i went shoe shopping today ... THERE IS NOTHING DRESSY THAT FITS MY FREAKISH FOOT AND STILL LOOKS GOOD AND NOT LIKE A CLOWN SHOE! WAAAAAAH! lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:10:10 PM by kamakazee82 »

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »
Tuney,I just wanna say that if you change it to voting for ONE that you want to go HOME,you will have to plaster that everywhere because it still seems there are some people who are just voting for one instead of everyone except who should go home.If that continues and to change the voting to be for who goes home,you're gonna have some sskkkkeewwweeedd results.
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 03:31:48 AM »
I'm not trying to start an argument in any way.

He ask what people thought and I spoke. Now I feel like I'm getting jumped on because I wanted to say something.

I love the pics that Tuney takes. And I am in no way trying to say anything bad. Yes top model is a panel type show but he didn't start it that way. And there have been some that have been let go all because they were in the bottom.

Ye this time around is a learning curve type this round but I don't wanna feel like I'm voting for nothing either.

Don't feel jumped on! Heh, you have a very valid point you know. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal