collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghouls will continue in the hopes of becoming America's Next Top Monster?

Clawdeen
66 (12.6%)
Frankie
62 (11.8%)
Ghoulia
53 (10.1%)
Howleen
61 (11.6%)
Lagoona
64 (12.2%)
Nefera
77 (14.7%)
Spectra
75 (14.3%)
Toralei
67 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: May 01, 2012, 03:50:53 PM

Author Topic: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Her Diva On  (Read 9579 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: America\'s Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Her Diva On
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »
I love reading your reviews, kama! You forgot to mention Clawdeen. Thoughts? Between last week and this week, Clawdeen has become my favorite. I think she did an amazing job two weeks in a row. I see her and immediately think 'model'. It probably helps that my DT Clawdeen's limbs are REALLY loose....bhahaha!

In an interesting note, I reviewed the last four challenges and Toralei placed in the top three 4 times, Lagoona placed in the top three 3 times, and Nefera placed in the top three 2 times. Toralei is definitely the most consistent.

Post Merge: April 28, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

P.S. I'm still a bit confused as to how Nefera is beating Howleen and Clawdeen! I mean I know Nefera is good, but the wolves gave her a run for her money this week!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:56:23 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Her Diva On
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »
i think lil miss clawdeen speaks for her own wolf self! lol she is stellar and it's no surprise she's made it this far. she is a lot of people's fave monster, and for VERY good reasons, she is SUPER versatile! there is very little that monster can't portray at this point and she is just FIERCE like a model should be.  and it holds true that howleen is very similar, but just enough different. personally i think howleen is dang lucky she got to be "pink" i cannot see her doing justice to the others at all, she's too "punk-fierce" the clawdeen's plain, flat out fierce fierce lol

nefera has better model proportions than the other girls, the longer legs/torso/arms, at even just a smidge longer in the dollie-verse qualifies for the longer/leaner human model propotions because they look "more pleasing" to the eye with longer lines to direct the eye before forcing a direction change ... i know, i know, too much artsy-fartsy talk. but i studied this crap for years lol the pure fact that nefera has that "smidge" of height on the other girls is enough to make her model well. and her face is near as fierce as clawdeens. *nods*

wolf girls, tor, and nefera are going to be the ones to beat if people go for pure model factors, but there will be a lot of favoritism ;) lol there always is lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Obscuria

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 07:25:47 PM »
I have to admit after looking twice I voted for Frankie to go, thus far she just hasn't blown me away and this just felt liek nothing to me. Lagoona one of my very personal faves wasn't brilliant here but she's been better than Frankie, and I really think the other girls were pretty amazing, Howleen, Toralei and I really dd like Nefera...

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
Oman, Nefera looks sooo much Like Nelly in the face in this photo! Gorgeous! And Howleen is so channeling Pink, it's not funny.

Sokkis

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 01:05:11 AM »
I think it's Frankie's time to go home. Howleen's photo is the best, so much attitude!

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 03:34:19 AM »
Oh Clawdeen, why must you be so incredibly awesome? Clawdeen's pictures keep getting better. Howleen manages to capture Pink's spirit in her photograph. Toralei performed well for the second week in a row.  I think she has a good chance of getting into the top four.   Nefera, Ghoulia and Lagoona were having an off week. Nefera looked like Nelly, but her performance fell flat. Ghoulia and Lagoona seemed confused. 

Frankie and Spectra are in my bottom two. They have so much potential. Spectra would make a great high fashion model. Her look is perfect for avaunt-guard photographs. I think Frankie is more of a commercial model. Her upbeat look has problems translating to different formats. I think Spectra should go home. In this challenge I felt like Frankie did slightly better than Spectra.   

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 04:28:29 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks Spectra really rocked this shoot? Though she doesn't come close to Toralei or Howleen, that little werewolf hasn't had a bad pic yet!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 06:30:22 AM »
I want Spectra to succeed, but she's incredibly difficult to shoot.

I'm already super excited for next week's seven deadly sins themed shoot. I'm going to be recreating the shoot from cycle four(?) where the girls poses in coffins. Only this time real dirt will be involved! I'm picking up potting soil this week, and I PROMISE to devote way more quality time to the shoot than I did this week. This week I devoted a whole of ten minutes to it, and that's the real reason our ghouls weren't up to par the time around. I apologize!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 07:20:03 AM »
Oh myy gosh! Nefera looks exactly like Nelly Furtado! Sorry Lagoona And Toraleli, Nefera gets my vote!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
Oh myy gosh! Nefera looks exactly like Nelly Furtado! Sorry Lagoona And Toraleli, Nefera gets my vote!

Well, you're actually supposed to vote for everyone except for the ghoul you don't think deserves to move on to the next round...

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 08:59:22 AM »
Nefera its just amazing! voted for her^^

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »
Oh wow, Ghoulia is tanking. Another ghoul who doesn't deserve to be out of the competition. DX
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 03:59:54 PM »
Oh wow, Ghoulia is tanking. Another ghoul who doesn't deserve to be out of the competition. DX

Agreed. Frankie REALLY needs to go!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 04:16:14 PM »
tuney, as creater/leader/head judge/god of the thred and comp couldn't you add in a "save" clause? lmao
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
Re: America\'s Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Her Diva On
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
That's a good point, Kam. I really wanted to save Cleo last week, but then I thought, "What's the point in letting members vote if I just override them?" HA!

However, this week I may change my mind on that. Ghoulia did really well in the fight shot, the camel shot, and the semi nude shot. Frankie did mediocre at best in all three of those. So I'm leaning towards sparing Ghoulia this time around and sending Frankie home. Frankie just isn't model material.

However, if we want to go by the official rules, all I can encourage you "Send Frankie home/Spare Ghoulia" pals to encourage your pony friends to come here and vote against Frankie! HA! I'm actually dreading the idea of adding Frankie to my next Seven Deadly Sins shoot. Ghoulia would be WAY better....

Post Merge: April 29, 2012, 05:55:53 PM

P.S. And Howleen in the bottom three is just ludicrous! She totally nailed the challenge by imitating Pink to a tee. No idea what is going on there...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal