collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: sticker swap [Shipping!]  (Read 15648 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
sticker swap [Shipping!]
« on: March 24, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
A note to whoever gets their stickers first: Please PM me ASAP xD Id like to get an official OT Sticker swap Brag thread going, rather then posting on this board and or making a lot of individual posts.

Addresses will be sent out on MONDAY! I hope everyone is pretty much ready to ship! Along with addresses I will be asking for an update.

STICKER SWAP!

Welcome to the sticker swap!
This swap is all about one thing! Yep, STICKERS!
Since this is an OFF TOPIC swap, My Little Pony stickers will not be the main focus of this swap, but they are more then welcome if you feel like including them. This is also a super secret random swap, DO NOT pm or let your partner know who you are! If you have a question about your partner, PLEASE ask me and I will pm them and return the answer to you as soon as I have it. The first secret word is Sticky. Last but not least, don't ask to ship too early, don't do all your shopping in one day at one shop. You have about a month to shop and think about this, and most importantly to have fun picking out stickers. I will not be giving out addresses until the end of the month. :P

The rules and requirements:
~You need to be at least 16
~have at least 3 positive feedback (Ebay can count for 1)
~have been an arena member for 3 months
~your partners will be surprises so don't tell them who you are!
~minimum spending $15 this does not count towards shipping or extras.
~stickers should either be new unopened or individual unused sheets
~opened stickers should be unused sheets these would count as $1-1.50 each of the minimum price.
~opened stickers that are cut up, would be counted as extras.
~non sticker extras are welcome but shouldn't be the focus and are also not counted in the spending price.
~shipping is also not counted in the spending price.

Regarding International shipping, If you absolutely cant then I will try to partner you accordingly, but as this is a smaller swap that MAY be harder to do, I will do my best though. The second secret word is stickeronies. Please if you cant finish this swap for whatever reason, let me know ahead of time so that I can re-arrange things so that its fair, or possibly buy stickers for someone so people are not left out.
When filling out your application, do not list sticker BRANDS.

Important Dates:
Shopping: April 4th (or as soon as partners are sent)
Start Shipping: April 30th

Sticker Swap Members:
TrueVampiress -shipped - received
Scraleos - shipped
tulagirl - shipped - received
hyenacub - shipped - received
Seachanger - shipped - received
babystarz - shipped - received
Repulsive333 - shipped
SweetScoops - shipped
babyblueducky - shipped - received
gemini_pony - shipped - received
stopxmotion - shipped
megt19 - shipped
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:08:51 AM by truevampiress »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
Re: sticker swap W/partners (interest?)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »
I am interested for sure!

I don't really know how expensive stickers are, but I think $15-$20 sounds ok.
As for the time frame.. I would appreciate at least a month for shopping, as I'm not able to get downtown very often, and that's where all the good sticker finds would be!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
I might change it to just $15, none of this information is set in stone, I plan on changing it a lot based on what people are interested in, until I actually start taking on members if the interest level is great enough.

as a sort of base line, I think since this is a OT swap, Id be interested in starting with 5-10 members, but if more people are interested, id be willing to go higher.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:53:00 PM by truevampiress »

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:56:37 PM »
I'm interested! And I'd also like about a month to get the stickers, just because they're hard to find around here, if we're keeping to MLP stickers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »
oh no sorry this is NOT specifically a MLP only sticker swap, IM sorry I will edit the original post. this is a off topic swap so MLP stuff would not be required! :p

when I get more interest I will put together a application, you will be asked to list your favorite things or themes of stickers and other things about yourself, so that your partner can pick out stickers based on that. weather you decide to ask for MLP stickers is totally up to you. ^^

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »
Have fun!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »
I am interested fore suuuuuuuuuure! :)  I just don't know how many extras I could do besides the stickers.  I couldn't send as much stuff as you do for like a pony swap.  Keep us posted if you do apply to do this swap.  I dont want to miss it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:24:39 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »
oh gosh no, extras would be small and shouldn't be very expensive, they can be anything like little trinkets or snacks that sort of thing, i personally wouldn't spend more then $5 on extras for this swap, and that is separate from the minimum listed amount. i actually really love handmade extras personally xD
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:27:38 PM by truevampiress »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 07:25:21 AM »
Well that sounds easy enough and fun! Hope we get to do this.

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »
C'mon guys, you know you all want to swap stickers!  :biggrin:
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 01:02:07 PM »
You should think about shipping costs and what the prices for stickers are in different countries.  Some people cant afford to ship international, and stickers can range in price anywhere from $1-$5 a sheet, depending where you are and what brand it is (Something like Sandylion will obviously be more expensive).  Stickers also come on big or small sheets, rolls, and in bags of 100.

Another thing to concider is whether things should have coverage incase a package goes missing.  I know ive personally had to deal with this and im thankful that I had it, even though the paperwork, phonecalls and stress was a huge pain in my side.

I love stickers but right now I cant really poke at a swap for them.  Hope you get things sorted out ok :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 01:05:14 PM »
I'd be interested! The limits sound great to me. Hope you get enough interest to start it!
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline WhispersOfTheWind

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
maybe if there's not enough interest, it could just be a smaller swap?  as long as everyone has someone to be paired with.
:lovey:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »
Im thinking that if I have only 5 people interested then that is fine, but I will keep it up for a few days just to say, I will talk to a mod tonight and see if i need to be approved first. then ill make a application and start listing members. I dont really think this needs to be a HUGE swap. :)

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
You should think about shipping costs and what the prices for stickers are in different countries.  Some people cant afford to ship international, and stickers can range in price anywhere from $1-$5 a sheet, depending where you are and what brand it is (Something like Sandylion will obviously be more expensive).  Stickers also come on big or small sheets, rolls, and in bags of 100.

Another thing to concider is whether things should have coverage incase a package goes missing.  I know ive personally had to deal with this and im thankful that I had it, even though the paperwork, phonecalls and stress was a huge pain in my side.

I love stickers but right now I cant really poke at a swap for them.  Hope you get things sorted out ok :)

Yea thats interesting around here I can get a nice sheet for about 1.89 US dollars. I never buy the ones that are over 3.00 unless there is a 40% off sale and I notice Michaels has those often.  No one has to use Sandylion if they are too expensive for their budget.  If the swap was say dropped to 10.00 then that would probably be 4 sheets of stickers if they are 2.00 each and you are counting taxes and one has to realize too that if you hit a sale you might be able to get more for that 10.00.  I know my sticker companies well, so I would know if I got expensive ones and that would make the amount less..but I am a collector of stickers.  So I see your point there about that.  Its very similar to a pony swap. When you have tons of ponies on a list but you get the most expensive ones..that person will get less ponies,,,but a nice expensive pony. 
The shipping weight on 4 sets is lower than a pound for sure.  It is true that certain people might have a harder time finding stickers depending on where they are, if they can't order them online either maybe they could try a loose sticker swap at some point.  If folks are concerned about international...maybe what would work there is if possible the closest to them could be their partner. :)   I know for myself its very hard to store tons of loose stickers compared to sheets, but I do love Grossman and Sandylion and they always come on smaller sheets...so for them I will take small and loose, but for others..that would drive me crazy to have tons of loose stickers. I think I would never know what all I had even with the organized system I have. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:17:18 PM by tulagirl »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal