collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Goodwill opening down the street from me  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Goodwill opening down the street from me
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
I worked at Goodwill for a number of years in management.  You CANNOT buy from the store you work at.  There are no exceptions.  I suppose different states could be different but they told us it was a company wide attempt to battle corruption in the ranks.  Are you getting a regular store or an outlet?  Outlets are nice because that is where all the unwanted merch goes or the things that didn't sell at other stores.  That is the best place to find vintage usually.  So often the good stuff gets pulled for online auction or overlooked and sent to the outlet.  And they sell by the pound so generally stuff is cheaper.  :) I'm excited for you! Most times when they open they pull stock from other stores to help get them going.  So you may not see a lot right away but it will start to trickle in. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:42:21 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
Re: Goodwill opening down the street from me
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 01:47:01 PM »
I have been going to Goodwill stores for years, but I have never once found a single pony-related item at any of the place I have been to. But that's my luck. My brother worked at Goodwill for a while, and they let him buy stuff all the time. When he picked me up from school occasionally, he would have some DVDs or other things he got for half off because he worked there (the rule was that you had to put it on the shelf first, but at the end of your work shift you could grab something!).
I think it really depends on the store, too.

EDIT: That's interesting, Sarahlacewing... I guess the store my brother worked at was corrupt. Muahahaha!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:48:34 PM by StarDragon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal