collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bitten by the Liv bug! (Liv Related)  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Bitten by the Liv bug! (Liv Related)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 01:25:19 AM »
They look miles better without their wigs on. I wasn't too keen on my girl's face until I popped off her wig - and then I was beyond in love! She has a ton more personality and expression now. I think the bulky wig with bangs was a major part of her looking so weird.

Oh, and she's one of the BBE ones. That helps a lot with the blank expression issue.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:33:16 AM by Taxel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 05:56:05 AM »
the thing about their faces is... That they have a rather stunned eyes but a blank expression, why don't they smile or frown? their pupils are a little too small for my liking... though I do always have a look every time i pass on by lol!
That was basically my same thought of their faces. XD Very opened eyes, with expressionless faces. It weirded me out but now their not as weird looking as I first seen them. lol XP
  haha lol! Whenever I walk past I do take a looksie.. and I must admit I bought the Liv doll that is coming out with the happy meals lately.  Alexia I think it was? I'm hoping to get the cowboy hat girl next time. Change you change their eyes? are they bald and are they as articulate as a bjd? and how easily do their heads come off?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »
I don't think they're as fancy or complex as BJDs. There probably are a lot of ways to customize them but I have no clue as to what can be done or now. They are bald but have a pixie cut painted on, so they aren't really "bald" bald and they have a hole in the middle of their head for the pegs on the wigs to go on them.

Changing their eyes is possible, but you gotta chop part of their scalp off.

The doll with the cowboy hat is Hayden. Her actual doll doesn't come with a cowboy hat, but it still is a nice doll.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »
Yeah, they're totally adorable without their wigs on.

Man, I swear though, this is the exact same story of my love affair (albeit pretty brief) with Liv dolls. I used to think they were creepy looking with their vacant eyes and duck lips every time I passed by them in stores, but then they slowly wore me down and then I bought one. I loved how articulate they were and all their fun, interchangeable wigs. Their faces even grew on me. Then one became two, then three. I think I may have 4 or 5 now, though I'll probably sell most of them off and keep only one (my favorite: School's Out Katie). I just don't find myself ever taking them out to fix their hair or anything anymore. It's also a shame that the line itself seems to be suffering and in its death throes.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 01:51:39 AM »
got the other two today :D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 01:59:50 AM »

Man, I swear though, this is the exact same story of my love affair (albeit pretty brief) with Liv dolls. I used to think they were creepy looking with their vacant eyes and duck lips every time I passed by them in stores, but then they slowly wore me down and then I bought one. I loved how articulate they were and all their fun, interchangeable wigs. Their faces even grew on me. Then one became two, then three. I think I may have 4 or 5 now, though I'll probably sell most of them off and keep only one (my favorite: School's Out Katie). I just don't find myself ever taking them out to fix their hair or anything anymore. It's also a shame that the line itself seems to be suffering and in its death throes.
lol Great minds think alike. Except for the part of selling them off, since I just started! XD

And grats on getting the other two dolls, bagheera!

First time hunting for Liv stuff. Didn't have that outfit I wanted but I got other stuff to make up for it (for that trip that is) They had every other outfit BUT the movie night one (the one I really wanted and the whole reason I went hunting. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
) visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 but I got the Country Fair outfit at Target and I found a bunch of School's Out Hayden on clearance at TRU. They had a School's Out Alexis but her lipstick was horrid. Missed opportunity...visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tomorrow I have 2 more stores to check (maybe 4 if I make the trip to extended), so lets hope they have it.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 02:38:15 AM »

lol Great minds think alike. Except for the part of selling them off, since I just started! XD

And grats on getting the other two dolls, bagheera!

First time hunting for Liv stuff. Didn't have that outfit I wanted but I got other stuff to make up for it (for that trip that is) They had every other outfit BUT the movie night one (the one I really wanted and the whole reason I went hunting. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
) visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 but I got the Country Fair outfit at Target and I found a bunch of School's Out Hayden on clearance at TRU. They had a School's Out Alexis but her lipstick was horrid. Missed opportunity...visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tomorrow I have 2 more stores to check (maybe 4 if I make the trip to extended), so lets hope they have it.
why are the wigs as expensive as the doll? I Saw liv's for $10 today. MH is still higher than everest in the price department.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 02:51:25 AM »
From what I know and seen today, the Wigs are about $5.99 each while the outfits are about $9.99. There are wigs sets that come with 2 wings and they go for 9.99 (listed on TRU.com) and I have yet to see them.

They look miles better without their wigs on. I wasn't too keen on my girl's face until I popped off her wig - and then I was beyond in love! She has a ton more personality and expression now. I think the bulky wig with bangs was a major part of her looking so weird.

Oh, and she's one of the BBE ones. That helps a lot with the blank expression issue.
Her wig kinda reminds me of Lady Gaga with the fringe and color. lol
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:56:45 AM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 03:09:44 AM »
Oh gosh it does! No wonder I dislike it. I hate Lady Gaga. xD

Though I will admit adjusting to photographing a Liv doll is hard. Adjusting to photographing a bald Liv doll is extra hard! I had a pretty extensive (for me, lol) photoshoot with my girl, lots of outfit changes and all that jazz, earlier and like five out of a hundred and fifty shots were good enough to keep. Usually I get at least 10-15, even if I end up not editing them all. XP
(I'm used to Pullips and Blythes, generally with long hair. XP Never even photographed a bald anything before.)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 04:21:38 AM »
I've found the fashion pack at Target finally! Yay! But it turns out that the outfit was more purple than blue compared to the picture so it doesn't match the blue & blonde wig, but its still a very nice outfit. X3

I also found in the toy clearance section of Fred Meyer was the Original Wave 1 Sophie! When I saw her I grabbed her box, and boy am I the best thing that happened to her! Her box had fallen APART so badly!! The adhesive that kept the box together has dried out, plastic flaps spread everywhere but everything was still intacted. Embarrassing when the cashier tried to scan the box, everything came apart, but easy to get her out because most of the work was already done! XD

One last thing to add, if you have a Fred Meyer in the area and need wigs, I saw all the liv doll wigs going for $2.99, dunno if its just my store, but you should check it out. *wink wink hint hint nudge nudge*
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 05:10:57 AM »
for  all you liv fans you might want to check k -marts. The k- mart near me was doing a clearance, looked like they were getting ready to reset toys or something! They had liv dolls for like 7.00. I didn't buy one, cuz i don't collect liv, ( they still creep me out LOL!)  but  i thought' i'd let  all you liv fans know about this.. go check your k marts!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal