collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you fully block an ebay user from contacting you???  (Read 1604 times)

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
How do you fully block an ebay user from contacting you???
« on: November 09, 2015, 07:05:55 AM »
Oh my....So I have this buyer that has been relentlessly harassing me no matter what I do or say, she has already been reported to ebay and I did put her on my blocked bidders list over a week ago but this morning I get yet another amazingly rude email from her.... How do you fully block weirdos like this???

*See my comment below for the whole story*
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:47:19 AM by blondee1982 »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: How do you fully block an ebay user/psycho from contacting you???
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 08:08:56 AM »
Is she contacting you through your personal email? I'd mark the email as spam so it goes to your spam folder and actually call both eBay and PayPal and let them know this person is sending you harassing messages.

I had a person do this to me when all I did was ask if there was anything they could do about a partial refund because they charged me $25 for shipping and it cost them $5.25. They promised a partial refund and gave me some story about how it's to pay for their children's swingset. Never got a refund and they signed my husband up for a bunch of magazines with the bill later option and then harassed me and the admin at the MLPTP. Came to find out they were shill bidding on their auctions.

EBay didn't do much. Just said they would give the seller warnings but the seller was forced to change their user name because I got enough people ganged up to report them.

So please do post their user name. Your fellow collectors are intolerant to harassment.

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 09:42:13 AM »
Thank you Bluerose :hug: That is terrible what you went through! what is wrong with people, they need to focus more on their life and family than dumb stuff like this...Well as for now she has just been messaging me through ebay, I was under the impression that once you put them on the blocked bidders list they couldn't bother you but I guess that's not the case :( This girl is 50 shades of crazy, I have never in 15yrs on ebay dealt with someone as petty, unreasonable and as abusive as her. Sadly I think she probably is just a miserable person, the kind of miserable that brings all the misery on herself, anyway here is what happened, brace your self this story will get a bit lengthy lol...

So on the evening of Oct.29th Ebay crashed due to a power outage and a lot of people were affected. I was not able to access ANY of my listings for over 2 hours and coincidentally it just happened to be the last 2 hours before my MOC ponies were ending, so about 90% of people could not get ebay to load and could not bid on anything. So needless to say I had quite a disaster on my hands....Buyers were emailing me saying they couldn't bid and were upset and confused, I was upset because my items lost out on bids and most of the bids do happen in the last few minutes so this was devastating, I literally almost puked! So I emailed everyone and asked them to please wait to pay until I found out what happened, luckily paypal was crashed too so they couldn't pay anyway. I called ebay ( Waited for help for over 2hrs before I gave up, I ended up calling back the next morning) and they said that they weren't sure exactly what happened yet but advised me that it would be ok to cancel the affected sales and re-list them if I wanted. So I then emailed all my buyers explaining the situation, I was very kind and extremely apologetic even though it wasn't my fault, it wasn't their fault either so I felt so bad :(  and 99% percent of them were normal, reasonable, kind humans and said oh no that sucks! But I understand, no problem...Then I get this one crazy buyer twelve2twelven who just starts swearing at me and sends follow up messages saying it was *slight edit* bogus and threatening to "ruin my reputation" and "blast my *slight edit* all over fb and twitter for being a *slight edit* seller" and she even called me a Greedy *slight edit* :shocked:.... and I'm just sitting back like holy crap this chick is nuts! lol Then it gets not funny because she just continues to swear at me and harass me the whole day..and the next day, 10 messages to be exact!:( I literally almost had an anxiety attack from dealing with this crazy person! So then ebay finally send me an email about the crash and I get some relief that she wont be able to leave me a negative feedback that she kept threatening to do, but the relief is short lived because a week later she finally leaves the negative and I call ebay and tell them what has been happening. They reviewed all of our messages and the transaction and removed the feedback right away saying it was not my fault. Then they also did a report on her for harassing me and they promised me she would not be able to contact me anymore and that if she tries in ANY way to retaliate through another account or through a friend they will investigate the situation and protect me. So I'm pretty upset but ok with it and then low and behold the loon emails me again calling me names because she was mad "I" removed the feedback..(ya like sellers are able to do that!) It is not easy to have feedback removed, you have to have a pretty extreme case for them to remove it. So after all this nightmare she is STILL able to message me...what can I do to stop this??

Here are the screenshots of the email I got from the VP of Ebay
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*slight edit for language*   :heart: PL
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:01:46 PM by ponylady »

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »
Report her to EBay again ASAP!!! No time or energy should be spent dealing with that!!

Jules x

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 10:15:49 AM »
I know huh!? Thank you Jules :) What truly upsets me is that I am a genuinely kind person that tries go above and beyond for my customers and pony friends, I'm definitely not a greedy *slight edit*...I mean it kinda makes me laugh now at how classless and ignorant she is but this whole thing has really taken a toll on me....I even put my store on vacation for fear of her messing with me even more, I just don't have the patience to deal with it...I have been very sick for a few months now and I still don't have a final diagnosis, I am just physically and mentally drained and don't have the time or patience to deal with creeps like her

*slight edit for language*  :heart: PL
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:03:03 PM by ponylady »

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 10:27:25 AM »
No, it's so not worth it!! *hugs*

Jules x

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 10:37:50 AM »
Thank u :hug:

No, it's so not worth it!! *hugs*

Jules x

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: How do you fully block an ebay user from contacting you???
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 03:07:31 PM »
It honestly is nothing short of harassment at this point. I can understand her disappointment but there was an obvious glitch in the system. I wouldn't let it get you down. I would relist the ponies and go about your business. It was something completely out of your control.  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »
Thank you Ponylady :hug: it was really a bummer for everyone :( Luckily most of my buyers are awesome and were nothing but supportive, just one cuckoo for cocoa puffs buyer that went off on me full on crazy mode  :blink:  Oh well not everyone thinks rationally or knows the proper way to speak to fellow humans and I just keep reminding myself of that! Thank you so much for your advice, I have been very hesitant to reopen my store even though ebay said I was safe to and they will back me up, I just don't know if I have the energy to deal with anymore problems like this right now with all the personal stuff exhausting me too :( 

It honestly is nothing short of harassment at this point. I can understand her disappointment but there was an obvious glitch in the system. I wouldn't let it get you down. I would relist the ponies and go about your business. It was something completely out of your control.  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:07:14 AM by blondee1982 »

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 05:15:15 PM »
I don't have any advice but I've bought ponies from you even before I joined Arena and I think you're a top notch seller!!  :blush:

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 07:34:29 PM »
Awe.. :blush: Well thank you Sweetie! You just made my night! :hug:

I don't have any advice but I've bought ponies from you even before I joined Arena and I think you're a top notch seller!!  :blush:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 04:43:31 AM »
:hug: I completely agree with this  --> 
Also if she is somehow still managing to harass you then please do report her again and let ebay deal with her . She needs to grow up and move on. How she behaved is absolutely crazy :crazy:   

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 05:11:28 AM »
Thank you Ringlets :hug: I'm going to call and report her again I think, apparently one warning from eBay didn't do the trick although she finally in this last email stopped swearing so the email they sent her about profanity must have sunk in lol!

:hug: I completely agree with this  --> 
Also if she is somehow still managing to harass you then please do report her again and let ebay deal with her . She needs to grow up and move on. How she behaved is absolutely crazy :crazy:

Amy-Q

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 06:56:01 AM »
What a horrible person!! It sounds more like she is the greedy *slight edit* because she was unable to get the item she thought she won cheap.
I hope ebay taked care of her for you,  you seem like such a lovely person and definately do not deserve this added stress!

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 08:25:55 AM »
Thank you so much Amy that is so sweet of you to say :hug: and I think you nailed it on why she was being such a creep about it! I haven't gotten to call eBay yet but they have been pretty great about this so hopefully they can put the hammer down on her so she will get some sense knocked into her ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal