collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93543 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2022, 05:33:54 PM »
@BC my childhood cat was like that. my mom would give him a can of wet food and he would only eat the juice and a tiny bit off the top. i'm not sure why my mom bothered with the wet food TBH. he would eat dry food but only until he saw the bottom of the bowl. then it had to be filled up or he wouldn't eat more. he was just a picky guy. but he was always healthy :)

@Pokeyonekenobie that sounds like a lot to deal with. hopefully he stays out of your way.

my complaint is that i have to work tonight even though i'm on PTO. it's not a huge deal and hopefully the work i need to do won't take long. my complaint though is that one of my co-workers said something snarky about me not speaking up on calls. there's a stupid tech issue that i could do nothing to resolve but i guess they expected me to magically fix it with words. also i tried to jump in but i can't get a word in with them because they talk over everyone but whatever. also what they said was on our chat app and i guess they posted it in the wrong chat and then deleted. i couldn't find it on the desktop app. but it showed as a notification on my phone.

i took a screenshot but i didn't say anything since there's no resolution i can see anyway. i don't want to get them in trouble. it just annoyed me. i would rather someone give me feedback directly and not talk behind my back. i've always done my best to be helpful and this project was a mess even before it landed on my team. we're trying to improve it but tensions are high. i'm trying not to think about it but i'm still angry.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 05:36:46 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2022, 04:27:00 AM »
Oh Pokey I feel for you xxx
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2022, 04:59:30 AM »
Yeah, I should give her half a can. I've thought about it afterwards but I feed her first thing after I wake up and (depending on the time) take my medicine. It takes my brain a while to actually wake up so I'm usually not thinking when I feed her :lol:

@Pokey - I went through the same thing with my sister. She would pawn anything. I'm so sorry you have to go through that :(

My complaint I got a phone call at 7:30 last night. I thought it was spam so I didn't answer. It was my ride service calling to confirm my ride for this morning. I called back and it said it was outside business hours. I tried calling again this morning but no one picked up. I get these rides through my insurance. I get them through a main company that then books them for me, and I get a confirmation number. I have never had the ride company call and ask for confirmation before, ever. So now I'm worried they won't show up. I have a very important medical appointment today that I can't miss. For the next hour I'm going to be a nervous wreck.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2022, 11:52:34 AM »
It's been a rough week for me.  :wail:  On Monday my dad said his chest was hurting and he wanted to call the dr.  When he called, he spoke to our dr directly and he told him to go to the ER.  My mom took him and he was in the ER for a couple hours.  The ER diagnosed his chest pain as asthma problems due to not using his medicine like he should of been.  Yesterday I spent an hour in the drs office because they both decided to see the dr.

My dad keeps saying we're going to have to cancel Thanksgiving because  "no one feels good."   I know Thanksgiving is just a day and it's not even my favorite holiday but hearing him constantly say it over and over doesn't help.  It's true my mom hasn't felt this week and he hasn't either but part of my dad's problems are his own fault because he refuses to take the medicine the dr sent in because "it's the wrong kind."  He will also make assumptions that everyone must feel like he does even if that's not true. 

Also, the carbon monoxide and smoke alarms have been beeping at night due to low batteries or because it's time to replace them.  It's hard to sleep with one of those things beeping every few minutes.  Hopefully it will be quiet tonight.

I still haven't been able to diamond paint or read the manga I want to read this week.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 11:56:35 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2022, 01:25:10 PM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan :hug:

An update to my last post here - my ride didn't show until after my appointment time. He called me, but I was in the bathroom and didn't have my phone. When I got to my phone he'd left a voicemail and had called again, but he was gone, or when I looked at the parked cars, didn't make himself known.

I called Social Security and asked if the appointment could be rescheduled and luckily it can, but only once. I'm thinking of taking an Uber next time so I can be sure to get there early and not late.

My complaint today is I'm so tired :(  I was yesterday too. I haven't gotten any art done.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2022, 11:28:39 PM »
I'm sorry your ride was late and you missed your appoitment, BC.  Were you able to call and complain about them being late?

The smoke detector is still beeping at night.  I want to sleep but every time I get just about asleep, it beeps again. :(  I told my mom about it several times and she just says stuff like "it eventually quits." I even tried unsetting the house alarm to see if it would stop and it won't.  I would just change the battery myself, but I don't think I can reach it even with a stepstool.  My dad has been up several nights this week with back pain.  I'm assuming it would hurt his back to change the smoke alarm battery but it's really annoying hearing the beep for hours.  I'm not sure how much sleep I'll get. :yawn:

I've tried really hard not to ask for a lot this week since my parents have been dealing with their own issues. 

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2022, 05:45:23 AM »
I did call and complain. In fact, I complained to the transportation service AND the ride company, since I had their number from when they called me.

I'm sorry you're dealing with that, Ponyfan :( I wouldn't be able to sleep either. At my parents house the detectors would go crazy and beep whenever the power went out, which was often. I think they're connected to the house wiring.

Weirdly, there was a beep in my apartment last night. I have no idea where it came from. It wasn't the smoke detectors because I know what that beep sounds like. I think it might have come from the stove? But nothing looked different when I inspected it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2022, 03:20:26 PM »
I had a long sleep on Sunday. I slept so long that I didn't have time to see my father, who had unexpectedly come to visit my brother. Or maybe it wasn't a surprise for my brother, but it was for me, and again I wasn't informed about his visit in time. :( :pout:
I hope to see him before Christmas. :(
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2022, 06:58:23 AM »
BC, I'm glad you complained to both companies about your ride being late.

HOM, I'm sorry you didn't get to see your father.  :hug:

After I posted, my dad got up and took the smoke detector apart because the beeping was keeping him awake too.  He hurt his back in the process though. :(

I feel horrible today.  I feel lightheaded and a little dizzy. I also was up almost every hour last night even though it was quiet.  I talked to my dr 2 weeks about a glucose monitor but he said that I didn't need one.  I felt bad yesterday too.  I think my blood sugar might be either too low or too high.  I wasn't being too careful over the holiday and ate more candy and sweet stuff than normal.

I need to make a phone call today, but right now I'm doing good to be able to sit and write out coherent thoughts.  Hopefully, I'll feel better later.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2022, 08:18:59 AM »
Not a trivial complaint, it remains to be seen whether it will be resolved.

So you guys know that I didn't get to graduate in 2020 because of the pandemic, right?
I've emailed the department a few times asking what is happening, with no reply.

Much earlier this year I had an email saying it would likely be december, wait for further information.

Today I discovered graduation is happening on Dec 8th.
Only...I haven't been invited.

They have not sent me any information about the ceremony, dates, ordering gown, tickets, any of that. Nothing.

I am hoping to get my graduation deferred to the summer ceremony, but any chance I had to graduate with anyone I actually know has definitely gone now. Even all the students I taught have graduated ahead of me - except those I taught via zoom in the spring.

I am really upset about this. Graduation is important to me, because even though graduation ceremonies suck, they're a rite of passage that cements an achievement. And it's not annoying enough that if I graduate in the summer, it will have no relevance to me - but that they didn't think it important enough to invite me to attend.

I'm sure I just got lost in their email migration, but honestly, having to fight for everything is tiring and stressful. I didn't need to have to fight for this as well.

What makes it worse is that all of this could have been avoided. I should have been able to graduate in 2019, but because the doctoral school broke a promise to me about expediting my thesis to the examiners, I missed the deadline. They were meant to do that so I could do my viva before one of my examiners went to Japan, but in the end he had to attend via skype. And all of this has happened because of them as well, because if I had graduated in 2019, it would all have been done and dusted by now.

(Note, my school usually only does graduation in July, this dec ceremony is specially scheduled for graduates like me who missed out because of lockdown. Just apparently I'm not wanted there).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2022, 10:15:22 AM »
I am so sorry that is happening to you ,Taffeta.   :hug:

Ponyfan

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2022, 11:34:08 AM »
Taffeta, i hope you can get your invitation. i graduated in December and didn't go to graduation because i was so ready to just move on. but i wish i had. it was so weird since i pretty much just stopped going to class and that was that. having more closure and having my parents make a little bit of a fuss about me would have been nice. you're getting your PhD right? that's a huge accomplishment! congratulations :accomplished:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2022, 12:12:44 PM »
I'm waiting on an automatic payment to go through.  The first one went through just fine this morning so there shouldn't be a problem with the 2nd one.  Everything looks good in Paypal and on the company's website that is supposed to get the payment.  Maybe it's just a little slow today because of the holiday weekend in the US.

Also, I just tried to call the same company I called on Friday. After about 5 minutes their system disconnected the call and said I should get a call back in 48 hours. :(  I'm trying to reach them because it's about my CPAP machine. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:56:45 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2022, 01:48:24 PM »
Taffeta, i hope you can get your invitation. i graduated in December and didn't go to graduation because i was so ready to just move on. but i wish i had. it was so weird since i pretty much just stopped going to class and that was that. having more closure and having my parents make a little bit of a fuss about me would have been nice. you're getting your PhD right? that's a huge accomplishment! congratulations :accomplished:

Thanks, Beth. Also, thanks Ponyfan. It sucks because at this rate graduation is taking as long as the degree did O.O.

@Beth, yes, it's my PhD. I got to graduate for my MA in 2013, and one of my flatmates came over for it as well. Her family didn't, so she hung with us (she's from Delhi). That ceremony was already disjointed for us though, as it was all about the 2012-13 academic year, whereas we were there 2011-12 (our MA finished in Dec 2012 so we didn't make 2012 graduation).

Now this with this one from 2020. But hopefully I can go in July. Fingers crossed.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2022, 04:26:51 PM »
That really sucks, Taffeta. It probably was lost in the system or something.

My complaint is much the same as always, I'm so tired. I overate too so lying down right now isn't the best thing. It's still early, not even time to take my medicine yet but I could fall asleep right now.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal