collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What pony do you think is bizarre?  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What pony do you think is bizarre?
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »
The Radzworlds always remind of Kirby for some reason.  I keep looking at them and thinking. "Why did they turn MLP in to Kirby?"

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2020, 11:19:02 AM »
Definitely the adult ballerinas. They look like those massage things, "massage spiders" or something? :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2020, 12:30:30 AM »
When I say bizarre with these, I mean that in an endearing way, lol. There's not really such a thing as a G1-3 that I just flat out don't like. Other gens, well.... :P idk lol. Also parroting a lot of previously said replies, just to throw my vote in for them!

-Eyelash princesses (I love how silly they look but lol, what corporate person looked at those and went "Yep, everything is fine here. Beautiful.")
-Mommy pony and babies/Missile Launcher O.o That being said, I want them- they're too weird, and the tiny babies are so cute
-I agree that Drink N Wets are weird, but I get why they went with that gimmick, for some reason it seems like almost every toy brand has some weird pee/poop phase it goes through, especially with dolls and things O.o they were just bandwagoning.
-Same thing for BBEs, they were bandwagoning on doll trends- but yo, same thing as the princesses, who approved those??? lol. They are horrifying. "These are beautiful and will absolutely not give children nightmares!" I do have a couple. (One has unpainted eyelids and the wood texture makes it look bloodshot and infected, adding to her creepiness! Poor Baby Sundance. I put her in a dinosaur costume to make her cuter.)
-Hair changing G2s
-Moving neck G2s, that bulbous ball joint looks soo off, lol!
-G4 water cuties. Such a weird move, but I love them!
-Dance N Prances
-G1 Puddles & Peeks, for their symbols
-G1 So Soft Sleepy Newborns, they are super bizarre looking! Weird attempt at making MLP baby dolls, lol. They are also totally not soft, what gives! Lol. I'd still love one, someday!
-Twinkle Eyes are super bizarre, and their backstory is so weirdly dark! I love it. I loved the darker undertones in G1. When I was a kid, Gingerbread weirded me out slightly, her face reminded me of like, a pirate skull with gems as eyes, lol. I still see it.
-Squeaky butts! SO weird! Why do they even exist!? I'd love one.
-Baby Chucky Cheese
-ST Applejack, just because it's such a weird collab. Love her though.

Bizarre in a less endearing way, lol...
-G3.5 Who did this!? Why!? D:
-Changing hair Ponyville G3.5s
-G3.5 Newborn Cuties- the faces and the legs REALLY weird me out
-G4.5 molds
-G4.5.5/G5? Again, who did this!? I have Potion Nova as a novelty and because she's a new character. But otherwise, omg... The "Good As Hell" in their ad, too, lol, what are you doing, Hasbro? Bizarre.
-EQG O.o I get that they were bandwagoning there too.
-G4 mane 6 merponies- they just don't look right...
-G4 adult hippogryphs, the babies are adorable but the adults just do not look like hippogryphs to me.
-Talking ponies. Big no from me, dawg. I'd still never pass up G1s if I had the opportunity, they're a rare weird one and you can always put them on the shelf and just, not make them talk. But like G3 and G4 ponies? They honestly look super creepy and I'm not into them.
-All the G4 merch people have been talking about. G4 has the weirdest (not in a good way) merch I've seen, and those cupcakes were some of my first thoughts for this list, as well. Just found these- WHAT! Apparently they are head... face... changing things...
Spoiler

My boyfriend thinks seaponies are the most bizarre thing he's ever seen pony-wise, and that they're kind of scary. :lol: He thinks the BBEs are cute, but seaponies are scary? I think he likes how creepy they look lol, he loves Baby Sundance. But he thinks the G1's look "the funkiest" of all the gens and are kind of bizarre, as it is.

Also, G2s, especially the babies, are absolutely Pony Nuggets.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:58:06 AM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2020, 12:33:15 AM »
The G4 Wedding Cadence is one of the most disconcerting ponies I've ever owned. She sings to herself and exclaims loudly about getting married, despite the fact it's not entirely clear who she's getting married to...

The weird delusionalness of it is literally the only reason I have kept her, mind you...because it's fun to occasionally make her babble.

The EQG Rainbow Rocks Pinkie is also a lot of fun. Makes you start, though, if you're not expecting it.

"I'm Pinkie Pie! Lalala..."
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2020, 02:56:23 PM »
The G4 Wedding Cadence is one of the most disconcerting ponies I've ever owned. She sings to herself and exclaims loudly about getting married, despite the fact it's not entirely clear who she's getting married to...

The weird delusionalness of it is literally the only reason I have kept her, mind you...because it's fun to occasionally make her babble.

The EQG Rainbow Rocks Pinkie is also a lot of fun. Makes you start, though, if you're not expecting it.

In the show, Princess Cadence gets married to Shining Armor. They even have a couple toy sets together. (Recently...or I guess uh a year or two ago? they also had a baby!) Maybe this will help your Cadence seem less weird, or you can still pretend she doesn't have a groom  :lol: , just thought you might want to know this  ^.^

On an semi-unrelated note, the talking Nightmare moon is super weird. I have her and Cadence and it's weird how many sayings they have that are on the same basis despite one being evil and one being good. I never thought I'd hear a villain say "I would love it if you styled my hair" or "My star barrettes are fabulous!". She also says really contradictory things. It's almost like they wanted to make a Luna but decided last minute to make it nightmare moon and added generic "evil cackling"...
EDIT: forgot to explain what I meant by contradictory things. She says she wants to light up the night sky yet the whole purpose of nightmare moon is she wants it to be night forever? Maybe she's just going to make the moon as bright as the sun idk  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 02:58:23 PM by WaterDraw »

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2020, 03:05:17 PM »
Ohh yeah I forgot about the Squeaky Butts.

I'm also throwing my vote in for EQGs. I have always loved MLP because its My Little Pony. Not My Little Dolly.

Piggy Ponies. Nuff said.

McDonalds Ponies-They're mostly cute, but the half hair/half moulded thing is just...

Lily Lightly-She's quite pretty but her gimmick is no.

That giant articulated My Pretty Pony version of either Pinkie Pie or Rarity

Rari-tater.

Giant Talking Twilight Sparkle is a beast from the depths of a not-so-very-nice-place.

Teeny Tiny Newborns

Ponyvilles and 3.5s
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 03:08:12 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2020, 03:05:26 PM »
So Soft Newborns are creepy looking to me

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2020, 08:16:41 PM »
Ohh yeah I forgot about the Squeaky Butts.

I'm also throwing my vote in for EQGs. I have always loved MLP because its My Little Pony. Not My Little Dolly.

Rari-tater.
First one: yep, bizarre but adorable!!!
Second: agree fully!!! Only ones I have are Kinder egg ones.
Third: you WHAT??? Pic please!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2020, 12:47:44 AM »
Sorry, probably an ignorant question, but which ponies have squeaky bums? Are they G1's?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2020, 01:40:54 AM »

In the show, Princess Cadence gets married to Shining Armor. They even have a couple toy sets together. (Recently...or I guess uh a year or two ago? they also had a baby!) Maybe this will help your Cadence seem less weird, or you can still pretend she doesn't have a groom  :lol: , just thought you might want to know this  ^.^

No, you misunderstand me xD I know who she is meant to get married to, the point is they never made a large SA to go with her, so she babbles and sings happily to herself without a groom. And unless she's going to marry Celestia or Luna/NM, who I think she's related to, right...her choice is basically what, Chrysalis?

...You see my point...?

Although I really want the talking Chrysalis. Isn't it that one who says something like "comb my hair, minion"?

@IceCrystal, they're weird G1 (spinoff?) ponies from Venezuela who literally have a squeaker instead of a tail ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:42:35 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2020, 02:36:19 AM »
Thanks Taffetta. Sounds...odd? Well, they certainly won't end up on wish list, I prefer ponies with a tail.  :biggrin:

Offline mylittleponyroom

• Custom Bait Pony
  • crazy little pony hunter! I can't have enough!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2020, 05:29:22 AM »
Definitiv the Beddy Bye Eye Ponies  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2020, 06:29:17 AM »

No, you misunderstand me xD I know who she is meant to get married to, the point is they never made a large SA to go with her, so she babbles and sings happily to herself without a groom. And unless she's going to marry Celestia or Luna/NM, who I think she's related to, right...her choice is basically what, Chrysalis?

...You see my point...?

Although I really want the talking Chrysalis. Isn't it that one who says something like "comb my hair, minion"?

@IceCrystal, they're weird G1 (spinoff?) ponies from Venezuela who literally have a squeaker instead of a tail ;)

Well what are minions for if not to comb your hair? Even villains like to get spiffied up sometimes.  ;)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2020, 07:23:37 AM »

...You see my point...?

Maybe minion can be Chrysalis's nickname for Cadence  :lol:
I see what you mean though. I just wasn't sure if you knew Cadence actually has a groom or not, my bad! XP

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:18 AM »
Quick update. I Googled Rarity Potato, & found... it... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal