collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 66180 times)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »
When I see people here hating on bronies, I feel like I'm missing something. I don't see bronies hating on collectors, and I've never had bronies hate on me when I talk about things I liked in older gens.

Looks like you got lucky, then. :x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »

When I see people here hating on bronies, I feel like I'm missing something. I don't see bronies hating on collectors, and I've never had bronies hate on me when I talk about things I liked in older gens. I wrote a fanfic with G1 ponies in it, and had a friend write one with G3 ponies inspired by it, and both got 95%+ upvotes on fimfiction. Besides, doesn't the popularity result in more for us to collect?

It may have escaped your attention or you were unaware or did not experience the negativity over the years that some long time fans have experienced. Some collectors have received very negative attention from some in the FIM fanbase. I've both witnessed it online and also experienced it personally.

I've met some very nice FIM centered fans but I've also seen some pretty nasty attitudes online as well. Yes it can go both ways, but I'd caution anyone who is coming on this board who would insist it doesn't exist.

I've seen long time collectors ridiculed, made fun of and 'our ponies' mocked. Heaven forbid I go to a FIM (Brony) forum and post how ugly the ponies are and how creepy they are or how I can't believe people would like this ugly cartoon and horrible toys. (all that is actually a few of the words I've seen in reaction to MLP pre-FIM) I've seen G1 mocked, and people mocked for liking it. I've seen the original cartoons belittled many times. If I did that to the FIM fandom I'd be getting death threats.

I've met some FIM fans in person who are lovely but also some who are extremely naive but also super uneducated about the history of My Little Pony. Even a well known brony documentory labels G2 ponies as the MLP Tales series, which if anyone had done actually research on the dated, the cartoon and toyline, they'd know that it was during G1.

So maybe it would be better to talk to collectors and find out why some have negative reactions, instead of assuming all collectors 'hate' Bronies. I don't hate anyone. I'm not going to turn a blind eye and insist the negative stuff didn't happen because I had a good experience either. I don't think it's a good idea to think everyone in the "brony" fandom are victims of the evil collectors. I think maybe realize there are negative people on both sides and that some collectors have good reason to be wary but also are easier to react when the subject of the FIM centered fandom come up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:28:17 PM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2018, 06:18:58 PM »
more leaked imgs of g5 concepts, courtesy of some other site
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
Okay. Whomever the heck is leaking all of dhx, please stop. Nobody likes it, and it’s not fair to the people who make the content.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
In that 2nd row Dash almost looks like a hippogriff. :P

It's pretty clear Meghan hates AJ's current incarnation now.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 08, 2018, 07:04:45 PM »
:( Its just showing up as a little blue question mark in a box.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »
 :( I can't see it either.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2018, 07:15:04 PM »
if you open the picture in another window it loads, but very very slowly. 4mB file and I presume the server is getting hammered with fetch requests.  Lemme see if I can wrangle up a smaller one.

Edit: Click on the spoiler for a smaller version of the G5(?) concept leak #2.
Spoiler

What I find most interesting is what all these pieces have in common.
Spoiler
The species are consistent across all of the pieces.  This leads me to believe certain changes have been requested by the art team / director.  Note that Twilight is an earth pony in every single one, Pinkie is a pegasus and Fluttershy changed into a unicorn.  6-7 concept artists don't all suddenly do exactly those changes at random.  Also interesting is RD has *big* wings in every single one, while Pinkie has notably undersized/odd wings.  Every Applejack has 'natural horse' markings.  All the Twilights have fluffy fetlocks, and every pony features distinct hooves unlike G4.  Also every single piece here is huge, and someone's gone to a fair bit of trouble sizing and arranging them all.  If I had to guess, for a presentation.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:24:45 PM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2018, 07:21:58 PM »
sorry the image got wonky, you guys. the forum seemed to have censored the name of the site I had posted, too, for some reason

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2018, 07:23:38 PM »
if you open the picture in another window it loads, but very very slowly. 4mB file and I presume the server is getting hammered with fetch requests.  Lemme see if I can wrangle up a smaller one.

Edit: Click on the spoiler for a smaller version of the G5(?) concept leak #2.
Spoiler

I can see it now. Thank you Baby Sugarberry.

AJ looks like a gold chestnut in the second row.

Love the fading white to purple Rarity and the more elegant unicorn look with the white, gray and purple hair.

Love the rainbow feathered Rainbow Dash and the one in the fourth row. Flutter is eh. Twilight has gone back to her earth pony roots and I don't like Pinkie at all.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:36:07 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 08, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »
sorry the image got wonky, you guys. the forum seemed to have censored the name of the site I had posted, too, for some reason

You might want to edit your previous post into a link, so folks aren't randomly all trying to load a 4Mb file when they hit this page.  Maybe why it got blocked?  Not sure.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 08, 2018, 07:37:09 PM »
I'm not holding my breath for the prettier, well drawn designs. Pity that Hasbro hates effort and beauty when it comes to MLP these days.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:38:53 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2018, 07:44:46 PM »
I'm sad that we're just getting the same faces we've been seeing for what'll be 9 years by the time FiM ends. I don't want any more revamped mane 6 in the toy aisle, when there's ao many other ponies that Hasbro could work with into the new main characters. Hundreds of ponies from every generation.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »
I'm sad that we're just getting the same faces we've been seeing for what'll be 9 years by the time FiM ends. I don't want any more revamped mane 6 in the toy aisle, when there's ao many other ponies that Hasbro could work with into the new main characters. Hundreds of ponies from every generation.

Same.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2018, 08:05:07 PM »
I also really like the second Rarity design.  But I am also sad that it looks like we will be getting the same characters again.  I've been afraid of that for some time.  I'm afraid that from now on, these are the ponies that are always going to be the face of MLP.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal