collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The last of the G3's  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
The last of the G3's
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:08:29 AM »
For a few months now I've been back into collecting again and it's great :) I've put my main focus on the G3's for now as those are the only ones I've been able to display so far in my half done pony room :P And so far it's been an easy task. G3's are common as dirt and have good prices too for that reason.

However, I'm nearing the end of the list and I realize that a bunch of G3's from the last few years that they were produced seem very rare O.o I'm talking about ponies like these:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Since I had stopped collecting by the time the last of the G3's were beeing released my question is: Were these even released? Why do they seem so hard to find? Had people grown so tired of the core 7 by then that they just simply never bought any of them?

I'm just a bit baffled as the rest of the ponies from those years seems fairly easy to come by. Any insight would be awesome :)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: The last of the G3's
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 03:38:37 AM »
I was able to add the Minty christmas one to my collection. She was not a cheap one, but it well worth the price!  I am not sure why they are so much more? 

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:30:02 AM »
I think I have the Minty, Toola Roola, and the Tripple Treat! I'll have to check, because if I do I'd be looking to potentially sell them :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:42:21 AM »
That Minty definitely exists, she is one of my favorite G3s.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 06:53:43 AM »
Had people grown so tired of the core 7 by then that they just simply never bought any of them?

Bingo!

My opinion is that by the time 2009-2010 rolled around, collectors were a little burned out and disappointed in a lot of choices Hasbro made with the line. Core 7 was one big mistake, but I think they made other mistakes too. They spent a lot of money making a special unique mold for just one pony that they never used again, like Baby Honolu-loo (but there were others too). They aimed the line at a much younger age bracket than the G1's and G2's, which resulted in disappointing animated specials, among other things. What a waste!

So by the time the line was winding down, Hasbro announced their Core 7 idea and it felt like the final nail in the coffin. The collecting community kinda lost interest--I know I did.

All this results in much fewer of the last G3's being picked up by collectors, which means there's fewer of them being re-sold now.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 07:32:53 AM »
I'm glad to hear Minty exists of them at least. She's very pretty with that design :)

Yet I haven't seen her nor the other ones I listed MIB on Ebay since I started collecting again in the beginning of July O.o Actually I can't recall seeing either of them MIB or loose. Which is why I've started to question their existans at all.

I know there are pictures of prototypes who never were released - such at Cutie Cascade Winter carrige I think. So I have been wondering if it's the same deal with these girls.
Mostly because - even though people were tired of the core 7 by then (I know I was and it was one of the reasons why I stopped collecting) - the other girls from those years has been relatively easy to find O.o
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 08:11:25 AM »
Yes all of those were actually released but I know the eggs are hard to find.  I know the Sweetie Belle egg was only released internationally and possibly the Pinkie egg too.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 08:32:33 AM »
the minty is definately around. i have her, but i wasnt aware that she had become hard to find... shes so pretty

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 08:35:49 AM »
I think Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie were French exclusives, I have never seen them here in Germany and I got that Sweetie Belle from a friend who was for a few days in France.
I will ask my friend, if she has still Minty for sale...

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 09:07:58 AM »
I love that Minty too.

I had some of the 25th line, but I sold many them off because I decided I had so many duplicates that I had to pick and choose which ones to keep.

I know i lost interest in the line when everything was Core 7 too.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
I have a bunch of Sweetie Belle in box (maybe 5), and Toola Roola and Star Catcher, I think.  I bought them when the went on sale to customise them, but I have yet to do so =p  I love winter Minty, I've never seen the eggs, though.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 10:11:03 AM »
I have that Triple Treat. I got her from a friend so I assume she was sold over here. I like that Minty, but she wasn't available here so I never got her. I also have Daisy Jo with bunny ears in an egg, a friend brought her from France but she might have been available here too.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 10:23:21 AM »
What everyone else already said :D

They released them all. Specially the egged ponies were kinda hard to find.

I had all of these ponies you've listed - just already sold Triple Treat & Toola :D

I guess a pony pal got me that Christmas Minty,
The ponies in eggs came both from France - I've bought Pinkie Pie over a lovely french pony pal (ebay) and Sweetie Belle was picked up by someone directly in France as well.

So for the eggs - check french ebay around the easter time - they may pop up again here and there ;)
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
Well thanks for the info everyone =) Glad to hear they all exist as I do like the look of them all :)

Guess the challenge will be to track them down - but if it wasn't for the hunt ponycollecting wouldn't be near as fun ;)
~*Erica*~

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 01:12:09 PM »
I found the Toola-Roola with paint splotches at a thrift store (no accessories, obviously). I no longer have her because I sold her to someone who specifically collects Toola-Roola.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal